Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, a VP possibility, tested positive for COVID.
    I don't think she will be the pick, but I like what I have seen from her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Those looking for a 3rd party candidate in 2020 now have it--Kanye West is running. So there you go.
      and maybe the PPP money was part of it? or maybe that is just a conspiracy theory

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elanagr.../#1c8f89db6a03

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        and maybe the PPP money was part of it? or maybe that is just a conspiracy theory

Not too far off, this whole presidency has been a money grab.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post

It won't be money well spent, if it was. But then again, it wasn't Trump's money, so why would he care? Really, I think Kanye, if he gets any votes at all, would get the majority of those votes from folks who would have voted Trump, not Biden. But I also think this is just more madness from one of the biggest egos in the world that will amount to nothing.

Comment

Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, a VP possibility, tested positive for COVID.
            I hear her speak every time I arrive at the Atlanta airport, but other than that, I don't know much about her.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• This election is looking more like a Democratic tsunami than simply a Blue wave. President Trump, mired in some of the lowest job approval ratings of his presidency, is trailing Biden by significant margins in key battleground states like Pennsylvania (8 points), Michigan (9 points), and Wisconsin (9 points). He’s even running behind Biden in his firewall states of Florida and North Carolina. 

Lots of movement here as we start July. Cook moves WI, PA, and NE-2 from tossup to lean D. Maine goes from lean D to likely D. GA moves from lean R to tossup. Maine-2 moves from likely R to lean R.

Trumps support is caving everywhere right now.

"Plugged in strategists on both sides tell us that Trump is running behind in districts he easily carried in 2016. As one GOP strategist told us this week, “I’d be surprised if any House GOP challenger is able to outperform Trump — they are tied to him.” Meanwhile, Democratic Senate candidates — even those in second and third-tier races — are pulling in eye-popping second-quarter fundraising totals."

No senate change announcements yet from Cook but look for Iowa to move to tossup very soon based on the polling.
              Last edited by frae; 07-08-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• I tell you what -- if the Dems sweep the presidency, senate and house, it's payback time.

One of the things they must consider after a sweep is giving statehood to at least Washington DC, if not also Puerto Rico, which would add 4 senators and at least as many congressmen, all of whom would likely be Dems. That would ensure the Senate for them, possibly forever! Texas and Arizona are turning purple, but the total transformation may not happen until after '24 (certainly for Texas).

When all is said and done, Trump may have turned out to be a blessing in disguise for the Dems. Four wretched years of disaster in return for possible control for the next generation. Most independents are so turned off by the GOP now, they may never win them back. And Hillary, had she won, would have faced the same COVID buzzsaw and likely would have also been in jeopardy of losing.

Comment

• Totally agree, and I think there will be significant pressure from within to do just that after witnessing the entire party rally behind such a corrupt and incompetent sociopath. Republicans are entirely responsible for this disaster of a presidency and failed in their constitutional duty to stop it when they could.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Totally agree, and I think there will be significant pressure from within to do just that after witnessing the entire party rally behind such a corrupt and incompetent sociopath. Republicans are entirely responsible for this disaster of a presidency and failed in their constitutional duty to stop it when they could.
                    But the thing is, this is what a significant number of voters want. It isn't just craven politicians selling their souls to Trump. Trump still, right now, has a 91% approval rating among Republican voters. That is depressing to think about. But yeah, they do not represent a majority in this country, and it would be super great if those in DC and Puerto Rico could have their votes count, because then we would be very unlikely to ever have to deal with another Trump, which is just who most of the Republican party seem to want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      But the thing is, this is what a significant number of voters want. It isn't just craven politicians selling their souls to Trump. Trump still, right now, has a 91% approval rating among Republican voters. That is depressing to think about. But yeah, they do not represent a majority in this country, and it would be super great if those in DC and Puerto Rico could have their votes count, because then we would be very unlikely to ever have to deal with another Trump, which is just who most of the Republican party seem to want.
                      The party has been taken over by Trump, but once he gets destroyed in November, it will be interesting to see how the party responds. Remaining the Trump party is a guaranteed losing strategy so I suspect they'll adapt. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love nothing more than to never have to worry about these pathetic POS having any power in our country for the rest of our lives.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

The party has been taken over by Trump, but once he gets destroyed in November, it will be interesting to see how the party responds. Remaining the Trump party is a guaranteed losing strategy so I suspect they'll adapt. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love nothing more than to never have to worry about these pathetic POS having any power in our country for the rest of our lives.
                        Well, rumor has it Tucker Carlson is the early '24 favorite were he to run, so it seems like it will be more of the same.

Comment

Well, rumor has it Tucker Carlson is the early '24 favorite were he to run, so it seems like it will be more of the same.
                          And he will lose badly, bring him on.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

And he will lose badly, bring him on.
                            Well, I'm not so sure, lol. He has the highest rated show on cable. If he declares for the race, he'll certainly be a frontrunner for the GOP.

Comment

Well, I'm not so sure, lol. He has the highest rated show on cable. If he declares for the race, he'll certainly be a frontrunner for the GOP.
                              Highest rated show on cable is still a tiny fraction of the entire voting population. 4.3M/132M = 3.26%.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Dems will gladly run against the guy whose sponsors are abandoning him in droves because he's such a toxic personality.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X