Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    I’d say the chances of the Dems taking Thom Tillis’ seat dropped considerably.
    It can't help but if the country didn't care about all the stuff Trump was accused of motivated D's aren't going to care about the very PG nature of those texts. Yes, he is cheating on his wife at least emotionally, but I won't jump to anything until I see polling. I agree though it won't help in a very close race.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I’d say the chances of the Dems taking Thom Tillis’ seat dropped considerably.
      Not if he dies
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Senator Mike Lee of Utah also tests positive.

How many more GOPers who came into contact with Dumpy will fall victim to his science-denying?
        Mike Lee was photographed hugging everyone while not wearing a mask at the Rose Garden super-spreader event.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A slew of battleground state polls all show the same lead for Biden:

Code:
          North Carolina: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 49, Trump 47	Biden +2
          Florida: Trump vs. Biden	USA Today/Suffolk*	Biden 45, Trump 45	Tie
          Florida: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 50, Trump 46	Biden +4
          Florida: Trump vs. Biden	UNF	Biden 51, Trump 45	Biden +6
          Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 50, Trump 46	Biden +4
          Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden	Monmouth*	Biden 54, Trump 43	Biden +11
          Michigan: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 51, Trump 43	Biden +8
          Michigan: Trump vs. Biden	Detroit News/WDIV-TV	Biden 48, Trump 39	Biden +9
          Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 51, Trump 44	Biden +7
          Arizona: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 51, Trump 45	Biden +6
          New Mexico: Trump vs. Biden	PPP (D)	Biden 53, Trump 39	Biden +14
          Arizona: Trump vs. Biden	NY Times/Siena*	Biden 49, Trump 41	Biden +8
          North Carolina: Trump vs. Biden	PPP (D)	Biden 50, Trump 46	Biden +4
          Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden	Reuters/Ipsos	Biden 50, Trump 45	Biden +5
          Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden	Reuters/Ipsos	Biden 50, Trump 44	Biden +6

Comment

• It's gonna be a blowout.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              It's gonna be a blowout.
              I won't believe it until Biden is being sworn into office.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                I won't believe it until Biden is being sworn into office.
                I also refuse to believe it until it's over. I'm spooked by the 2016 results, and certainly not taking these polls for granted. Again, 2016 was an upset of epic proportions combined with a breakdown in the polling, and I refuse to believe that can readily happen again.

And what's more telling is that his base has this unwavering belief that there's no way he can lose. Now where have I heard that before?

Comment

• Those PA polls are pretty damning right now. Biden at or over 50 in all 3. I have never believed Michigan would be close this time and the polls continue to show that.

PA is now 84/100 WI is 83/100 and MI is 90/100

The Ohio aggregate has moved into Biden's favor just slightly. There is no state from the following list that Trump is winning right now on the 538 avg or model....

Ohio
                  Maine 2
                  North Carolina
                  Florida
                  Arizona
                  Nebraska 2
                  Pennsylvania
                  Wisconsin
                  Nevada
                  Michigan
                  New Hampshire
                  Minnesota

For comparison Biden is as likely to win FL 65/35 as Trump is to win Iowa. Trump is less likely at 55/45 to win Georgia than Biden is to win north Carolina 58/42. Hell Trump is about as likely to win Texas as Biden is to win NE-2 both around 70%. Even better Trump is about as likely to win South Carolina 86/14 as Biden is to win PA 84/16

The most likely outcomes are now Biden winning 82 times, Trump 17, and 1 tie.

I know 2016 happened and we will all be shell shocked about that until Trump loses but nothing in the math points to anything but a convincing Biden win at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    I know 2016 happened and we will all be shell shocked about that until Trump loses but nothing in the math points to anything but a convincing Biden win at the moment.
                    Okay, I feel a bit better... only 89% sure trump wins now.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• All but one of the joint chiefs of staff are in quarantine, KAG!
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

All but one of the joint chiefs of staff are in quarantine, KAG!
                        Not like Trump listens to them anyway. He knows more than everyone about everything.

Comment

• Don't let Trump dominate you. Don't be afraid of Trump. You're gonna beat him. Don't let Trump take over your lives.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Anyone think Donny Jr. is going to be trouble for his thoughts that dad is off his rocker on the drugs?

I can't imagine this will end well for him. A shame...a damn shame
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

All but one of the joint chiefs of staff are in quarantine, KAG!
                              There's Trump's treason for you!
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• That CNN poll today at Biden +16 and the national poll before it at +13, those numbers are staggering. He's losing every demographic now except white uneducated men.

He's also blown his last chance at a comeback. His comments about being optimistic in facing the virus were his last shot at a comeback (great article on CBC about this, will link at bottom). He could have shown empathy for the 210K dead and their families grieving, and it would have been huge... but he decided to cut off his nose to spite his stupid face and went with the tough guy act. The joy ride with secret service would have been forgiven and forgotten, but his words downplaying the seriousness of Covid is something I consider a crime against humanity, punishable by death. Undecided voters have been disgusted by each successive stunt Trump pulls.

I've seen seniors favor Biden nationally by 30+ pts. I'm convinced it will be a blowout. The only question left will be how vigorously do Trump and the various Republicans attempt to disqualify different batches of votes, and how many of Trump's lunatic followers buy his garbage and kill in his name? Do Democrats cave to stopping recounts under such public pressure? I mean, it looks like a Biden blowout after the votes are counted, but it will still look like the opposite on election day, given the counting restrictions, so it seems like Trumpers will never accept his legitimate defeat. That's my biggest fear, an election system that's been used and abused like the town bicycle is supposed to stand up to legit authoritarian takeover? I don't see the voting system, and the shenanigans used to thwart the system, as satisfying voters. Each side will believe their choice won. The Republican media machine is better at messaging, thats how they won 2000 with the Brooks Bros riots.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-...ium%3Dsharebar
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X