No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As expected and discussed here, Biden is signalling he would only serve a single term if elected.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      As expected and discussed here, Biden is signalling he would only serve a single term if elected.
      he's worried that he would lose one of his pushup contests if serves two terms
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          As expected and discussed here, Biden is signalling he would only serve a single term if elected.
          Biden is denying this.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Biden is denying this.
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It looks like Warren is shifting her rhetoric on Med4All toward that of Mayor Pete and et al. She is now emphasizing that her plan would give the choice to opt in to Med4All. I think if she laid this position out to begin with, it may have actually helped her over the long haul--polls are showing that Dem voters support for Med4All has fallen off as all the ad money being spent on lack of choice has set in. As it is, it seems like an attempt to pick up poll numbers rather than a true ideological evolution, which isn't a great look. Time will tell, but I don't think this pivot will play out well for her, mostly, again, because it seems she is just going with the flow on this.

Shout out to TW for calling this from the start.

Comment

• I absolutely do not get the American public, or at least those polled. Despite the fact that half the country agrees he should be impeached, the majority also favor Trump over the Democratic field now!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...jnB?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I absolutely do not get the American public, or at least those polled. Despite the fact that half the country agrees he should be impeached, the majority also favor Trump over the Democratic field now!

Consider that half the country is dumber than average.

Comment

I absolutely do not get the American public, or at least those polled. Despite the fact that half the country agrees he should be impeached, the majority also favor Trump over the Democratic field now!

Those are some bad numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                      Those are some bad numbers.
                      If you take both polling data into account, it means there are some people who agree he should be impeached and removed, yet still would vote for him over the whole Democratic field. I'm flabbergasted.

Comment

If you take both polling data into account, it means there are some people who agree he should be impeached and removed, yet still would vote for him over the whole Democratic field. I'm flabbergasted.
                        Consider that half the country is dumber than average.

Comment

• Another poll taken the same day (the IDB poll, which typically leans Republican) has Biden up 5, but Trump beating the rest. That makes more sense.

Comment

• I thought this was an interesting quote from the following article: (bold emphasis mine)

In a book released on the eve of the 2016 election called “Asymmetric Politics,” political scientists Matthew Grossmann and David Hopkins argued that America’s …

With Republicans on Capitol Hill strongly defending President Trump amid the Ukraine scandal, you might say that the GOP has simply abandoned many of its principles in deference to Trump. Maybe. But I think the more accurate story is that Republicans on Capitol Hill are standing firmly behind Trump because GOP voters and GOP activists and elites are demanding that they do so. There just isn’t much room to break with the president of your party if close to 90 percent of voters in the party approve of him and many of those voters get their news from sources strongly supportive of that president.

Why are Republican voters and elites so strongly aligned with Trump? There’s not a simple answer, but I think identity — rather than ideology — is a big part of it. Trump is defending the identities of people who align themselves with the GOP, and this is a more powerful connection and reason to back him than pure ideological concerns. In defending Trump, conservative voters are really defending themselves.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• In defending Trump, conservative voters are defining themselves, I'd argue.

Comment

In defending Trump, conservative voters are defining themselves, I'd argue.
                                I think that's true, too, but I do think the whole 538 article is worth reading if you have the time, and it's making a very different point from the one you are making.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X