No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, the Republican meltdown will be epic.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Man, I am still sweating Ossoff. If he pulls it off, CNN will have egg on their faces. They were all but calling it for the Repubs earlier. It looks like it is going to be supper close for Ossoff. Recount coming for sure, and the overseas military vote is still out there and very likely red.

ETA: Wasserman just called it for Ossoff, but I am still nervous.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Any wonder why Republicans suppressed the black vote in all of the Southern states?
        No, but that doesn't make it any less evil. Party of Lincoln my ass.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Man, I am still sweating Ossoff. If he pulls it off, CNN will have egg on their faces. They were all but calling it for the Repubs earlier. It looks like it is going to be supper close for Ossoff. Recount coming for sure, and the overseas military vote is still out there and very likely red.

ETA: Wasserman just called it for Ossoff, but I am still nervous.
          Drink more, it’s over

Comment

• Wow, Wasserman is now saying Ossoff is likely to win by more than .5%, which is the recount threshold.

Comment

• I am feeling better. May Joe Manchin gives repubs the nightmares Mitch McConnell has given me (although, we all know that won't happen and isn't possible).
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-06-2021, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• we owe stacey abrahms an edible gift basket for what she has done in state. to remove mcconnell as chief artery blockage, and allow a chance of some bills to hit floor is huge. is it 250+ pieces mcconnell has been sitting on without allowing a vote?

i look forward to trumps lunatic tweets today. so excited, i went to mcdonalds and ate a kids meal. had not done that in years. the mom was furious but whatever. all kidding aside, this allows for biden to get something done, as opposed to just burning calendar.

Comment

• Yes, Stacey Abrams and Fair Fight Action deserve a ton of credit for the Democratic wins in these two races.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• The Dems [likely] take the Senate, giving them all three chambers....and the markets soar!!! But, but, but....my 401k!! I thought it's supposed to crash?? I'm so confused. Trump was (gasp)....lying???

Comment

• Garland becomes AG and then replaces Breyer who retires, and finally gets his seat. it's how the universe works. he's the link between the most powerful court in the country and the second most powerful one. I don't know how that stuff works. I would think they work together. you could make an argument that SCOTUS are the smartest people on earth or most important. thus, at least they realize the next AG will be a future colleague. and he was chief justice of his court. the A-Team, when a plan comes together. didn't pack the court but there are now 9 and 1/2 justices.

he no spring chicken though. and they would probably fill Breyers seat with someone younger. still, it would be nice to see Garland.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        While I did call the election, I mistakenly thought Biden would smash Trump election night avoiding the Red Mirage.

And flipping the senate remains to be seen.

Though (toot toot) I did post this back in the beginning of September:

There is no Biden Victory which will NOT be contested by Trump--None. He will not go quietly, he will do whatever he can to de-legitimize the results, challenge the outcome or flat out declare the election invalid and dare the American people to remove him from office. It's his MO, do whatever the fuck he wants and dare someone to do anything about it. Once they do, he stalls, takes it to the courts which he has packed and even if no true outcome arises, he sits in office all the while continuing to do damage to the country.

Yeah, I'm good.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the "United States Senate has a higher calling than an endless spiral of partisan vengeance"
                          Boy is that rich coming from him. He's beat up on the opposition party mercilessly for 12 years, with no regard for the good of the country, but now we're all Americans and the Democrats shouldn't hit back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Boy is that rich coming from him. He's beat up on the opposition party mercilessly for 12 years, with no regard for the good of the country, but now we're all Americans and the Democrats shouldn't hit back.
                            Payback is a bitch
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Trump supporters have stormed the capitol and Congress is now on lock down. No arrests or dead people, cuz well ya know--they're all White and Right.

If you're going to beat the shit out of protesters, beat em equally for fascist fucks.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                woke up with that epiphany just this morning, did he?
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X