No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked this in the Trump thread, but I think it applies to both threads.

If Trump is removed from office do you think the Dems can overcome Pence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I asked this in the Trump thread, but I think it applies to both threads.

I do. Pence has no cult of personality. Heck, he doesn't have much personality at all. He is also very problematic on many social issues for the majority of voters, including moderate republicans. Maybe all the Trump supports come out 100% to support Pence, but I doubt it. He'd have to pick up the never-Trumper GOPers to have a shot, and I'm not sure he has what it takes to do that.

Comment

I can't imagine Pence would have a chance against any of the top Dem candidates

Comment

If Trump is removed from office (yeah, right), what makes you think Trump won't be the Republican candidate on the 2020 ballot?
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            If Trump is removed from office (yeah, right), what makes you think Trump won't be the Republican candidate on the 2020 ballot?
            Like you suggested, not going to happen, but impeachment could include disqualification, under which he could not hold office in the future.

"Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States."

Comment

GOP nominee almost certainly would not be Pence in the (very, very) unlikely event Trump is removed. It’s hard for me to imagine the circumstances that would cause 20 Senators to flip, but if they did, I would figure Romney would be at the forefront of the rebellion and would likely be the one to pick up the mantle. If Trump is removed, the nominee won’t be anyone with close ties to him (Pence, Haley Etc) because he will have been removed by fellow Republicans and will be disgraced. Can’t see them turning around and doubling down on someone he has a close relationship with.
              If Trump is removed, I imagine the GOP nominee would finish with <50 EV’s.

Comment

• Joe Biden cannot handle criticism. At a campaign stop yesterday on the 'No Millenials' bus tour, Biden took questions about Hunter Biden's Burisma position. In response, he questioned the voters' physical fitness. Biden was never asked about his health, yet goes back to his old favourite, challenging him to a "pushup contest", he says to him "I'm not sedentary", and calls him "fat", and says "you're too old to vote for me." He just insulted over half his voting base because he was asked about Burisma. Too old, too fat, sedentary, that's his entire base. His press secretary claims the "fat" comment was misconstrued from "facts".... after 3 other physical insults. The damn kids in the room were laughing and whispering, and yet they lie to our faces. Feels like Trump. How do you expect that to go vs Trump, just stammering and whining about "no credible news outlet", blah blah blah, or challenging Trump to a pushup contest?

Now the question is, will this receive any mainstream coverage? Like 2 weeks ago when he told someone to vote Trump and another to vote Bernie, Joe has lost it. His brain is failing him and he's responding in anger. Pray he doesn't face Trump.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• It was covered repeatedly on CNN. And the questioner was a troll.

Biden also got endorsed by John Kerry.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• the joe biden v troll confrontation has been getting played and commented on plenty on msm. and if you watch clip, biden handled the troll perfectly imo. he had to respond quick, with vigor, and with conviction. you could if you strain hear biden say "look, fat", but it was "look, facts", as in biden was not calling the troll fat, he was trying to get the dweeb to use his head and try to get facts straight. the main complaint of troll, besides the fox lie of joe biden got son a job at burism, was biden was too old, so bidens closing remark to the older and confused guy was a clapback of no i knew you werent voting for me your too old, yuck, yuck. as in giving it back to the the troll.

look, that reading of confrontation of joe cant handle criticism, man that is one tunnel to view event but i cant see it like that. how could biden have handled it better, someone stood up and had a few cheap shots with lies as the gist, and joe handled it as i hope joe handles trump, i cant see how he should have handled it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      Now the question is, will this receive any mainstream coverage? Like 2 weeks ago when he told someone to vote Trump and another to vote Bernie, Joe has lost it. His brain is failing him and he's responding in anger. Pray he doesn't face Trump.
                      You kind of lose me (and many others) when you promote this conspiracy nonsense. This story has been all over the mainstream news, sorry.

Comment

• in fact, joe had such a good response, i think it will further cement his numbers as top candidate with a bullet. watch clip a few times, think about how you should respond, and know the criticism has been joe hasnt had enough spine. on a stage with trump in debate, biden will look the better of the 2, this isnt the harvard/yale debate team championships. imo trump wont even debate on stage more than twice, first he will get trounced, second he will talk over dem opponent to prep country for civil war, as it dawns on him he is not going to bs his way to victory again.

Comment

• Biden's campaign also released one of the best ads so far of the campaign.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            You kind of lose me (and many others) when you promote this conspiracy nonsense. This story has been all over the mainstream news, sorry.
                            Other Biden miscues have been completely ignored throughout the campaign. I asked if this would be ignored because I don't have cable and I don't follow mainstream news much at this point. It was a genuine question.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Biden's campaign also released one of the best ads so far of the campaign.

https://twitter.com/MichaelSkolnik/s...814237696?s=19
                              It made me sick seeing the strength of that ad.

If Biden is continually propped up by the media and somehow wins the nomination, we are all fucked.

John Kerry endorsed him, that's great. You know who else endorsed him and said he would be eager to work with him? Lindsay Graham! That's a great sign, isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                                in fact, joe had such a good response, i think it will further cement his numbers as top candidate with a bullet. watch clip a few times, think about how you should respond, and know the criticism has been joe hasnt had enough spine. on a stage with trump in debate, biden will look the better of the 2, this isnt the harvard/yale debate team championships. imo trump wont even debate on stage more than twice, first he will get trounced, second he will talk over dem opponent to prep country for civil war, as it dawns on him he is not going to bs his way to victory again.
                                Wow. You think calling someone fat and old and challenging them to pushup contests shows strength. We have to agree to disagree.

How about his new campaign slogan rollout, the 'No Malarkey' tour... you think he's poised to turn out the millenial vote in the general? Again, agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X