Page 567 of 567 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 5670

Thread: Election 2020

  1. #5661
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    nots thats silly and hyper caustic nonsense. you posted the initial ink, with hopes of diminishing biden in 1st place. if it was because you thought it had value, or it was insulting to you, or you thought it should be insulting to others, or whatever way you want to present it. in any case you put link up 1st as if it was in some way equal to what trump says or tweets daily. i could, if you want, and i am prepared to do this, escalate so my every response to you is as caustic as that was to me. you made a direct line at me, you initiated it.
    I thought it was a dumb thing to say and speaks to his general tone deafness so I posted it. Despite your attempts to sweep it under the rug, it’s was a newsworthy post. And yes, I am not much of a Biden fan (mostly because he is well past his sell by date) but so what? Are we only allowed to post anti-GOP stuff in here? Put me on ‘ignore’ if you don’t want to read what I post. Simple solution.
    PS- and if it wasn’t a big deal or a dumb thing to say, Biden wouldn’t have been out cleaning up his mess 6 hours later.

  2. #5662
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,250
    nots, you should be able to post on whatever subject. i had no issue until you decided to make it personal. but you want to make direct attacks on a poster, you are basically saying things are slow at home, your slow draft is coming to an end, and you are demanding an escalation in personal terms. there is very little GOP to being pro trump. trump is an outright fascist. i have 1 person on ignore, and it takes years of work to do. it is not enough to be a pro trump, or anti anything decent poster. you could post every day whatever really inappropriate fetish you have, for example, and that is fine and I would not take it personal. it also takes, with combo, a profound level of stupid, not merely stupid posts, but of a poster who cannot help but be that. so i am not putting anyone on ignore unless they really put a lot of work into that

    so i cant put you on ignore, but you make direct beeline for me as opposed to what i say, thats called making it personal and one should be able to tell difference. i would welcome some 538 poll data or whatever source you have that would suggest even a glimmer of hope for trump among black community, like i pointed out last I saw trump vs biden was something like 2%/97%. i would think among families that had their children caged the vote breakdown is something similar, and with similar good reason, trump has not been a friend to dark skinned people.

  3. #5663
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    nots, you should be able to post on whatever subject. i had no issue until you decided to make it personal. but you want to make direct attacks on a poster, you are basically saying things are slow at home, your slow draft is coming to an end, and you are demanding an escalation in personal terms. there is very little GOP to being pro trump. trump is an outright fascist. i have 1 person on ignore, and it takes years of work to do. it is not enough to be a pro trump, or anti anything decent poster. you could post every day whatever really inappropriate fetish you have, for example, and that is fine and I would not take it personal. it also takes, with combo, a profound level of stupid, not merely stupid posts, but of a poster who cannot help but be that. so i am not putting anyone on ignore unless they really put a lot of work into that

    so i cant put you on ignore, but you make direct beeline for me as opposed to what i say, thats called making it personal and one should be able to tell difference. i would welcome some 538 poll data or whatever source you have that would suggest even a glimmer of hope for trump among black community, like i pointed out last I saw trump vs biden was something like 2%/97%. i would think among families that had their children caged the vote breakdown is something similar, and with similar good reason, trump has not been a friend to dark skinned people.
    Did I say anything positive about Trump or his standing in the black community? You seem to want to change the subject off of what Biden said yesterday by bringing up Trump and children in cages. You said Biden was ‘right’ with what he said and then made a strange reference to Charlamagne the God’s name. The gaffe has nothing to do with Trump.
    I removed the post you are offended by so you won’t continue to distract anymore from what Biden said and how you think he was right (even though he apologized, lol).
    Last edited by nots; Yesterday at 12:05 PM.

  4. #5664
    All Star GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego--Home Again.
    Posts
    6,018
    Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    Did I say anything positive about Trump or his standing in the black community? You seem to want to change the subject off of what Biden said yesterday by bringing up Trump and children in cages. You said Biden was ‘right’ with what he said and then made a strange reference to Charlamagne the God’s name. The gaffe has nothing to do with Trump.
    I removed the post you are offended by so you won’t continue to distract anymore from what Biden said and how you think he was right (even though he apologized, lol).
    I have noticed that the republicans/conservatives on this board have been very accountable for Trumps idiocracy (with the exception of CBB and OneJay). There has been little or no parsing of his bullshit. However, I also have noticed that lately or really since the primary began, there's been quite a bit of pointing out the flaws/transgressions of the liberal/democratic candidates no matter how inconsequential or minute--I'm not inferring that all, most or even half of things pointed out have no real merit, but there have been some things blow out of proportion. Now I get the desire to foist some of the weight piled on conservatives in here(in life) onto the other guys shoulders as you (Repubs/Conservatives) have been buried under Trumps bullshit (and the GOP'S capitulation to Trump) So I look at every post for it's merit.

    The Biden interview with Charlemagne was a fucking disaster--Biden was an idiot beginning to end--the Hubris of Biden to assume that ANYONE should vote for him simply because he feels he best represents them? It's akin to Cliinton assuming every woman should vote for her and her cronies popping off with the 'Special Place' in Hell line.

    He should just shut the fuck up--he in full--Get Off My Lawn mode, he's obviously experiencing age related cognitive issues, we get it--he's all the DNC will allow us to have--Is Biden more coherent that Trump right now? I HOPE he beats Trump in Nov, but my god, why can't the DNC get anything fucking right? Thank god we have Sanders to take the convention to a brokered vote so they can UNDO this mistake, and Biden IS a mistake--NO he's not as bad as the Buffon in the office right now, but he's a damn trainwreck right now.

    Come On Man Get Life, his hyper defensiveness and the tag of You Ain't Black are just MORE examples of Biden's inability to stand up to valid attacks to himself, his platform and the reasons people should vote for him over Trump. Right now, I'd have to give the nod to Trump in any face to face debate, all Trump has to do is piss Joe off and Biden will lose his shit--Trump can just it back and watch the meltdown.

    Trust me if the choice is Biden or Trump I'll take Biden's Vice President over what we currently have (because that's the real choice) But for the love of God, stop shooting yourself in the foot Joe, you got this in the bag if you can stay the fuck out of your own way.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  5. #5665
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    The debates will be 2 old guys throwing word salads at each other for 90 minutes.

  6. #5666
    Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    Yeah, if I’m managing the Biden campaign, there are no live interviews, just taped policy speeches. Only 1 debate and maybe 1 town hall (stuffed with rank and file democrats). Otherwise, just sit back, say nothing and let Trump light himself on fire.

    I also think the odds of Kamala Harris being the VP just went thru the roof.
    Why would you even let him out of the basement between now and the election? Letting people see the state of his dementia can only hurt him.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

    "For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

  7. #5667
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    The debates will be 2 old guys throwing word salads at each other for 90 minutes.
    Damn, it's sad that one of these two buffoons is going to be president for the next 4 years.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

    "It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

    "I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

    Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

  8. #5668
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,250
    nots, I didnt quite say Biden was right, not sure why you put right in quote marks and you said right a couple times, but what I said, and I think it is clear:

    "And the biden snippet wasnt wrong, so much as something able to be exploited as an oh my moment when it wasnt. Biden was being interviewed by someone named Charlamagne tha God. Just read that over and let that sink in. You dont conduct yourself like you are serving tea for the queen of england when being interviewed in that space."

    So not saying he was right or wrong, just irrelevant, sloppy, and not a good look. Biden positioned himself poorly so certain segment can crow as if it was a disaster. So he threw out the apology. Not because it was right or wrong but because it was ugly thing to say. I mean, if I call someones neon green christmas sweater ugly, I may have to issue an apology if a network decided to run it, even though, as in this case interviewer wasnt offended, but it doesnt change if something was true or false.

    I wish we could spend same time on what trump said yesterday, or today, or tomorrow, because it for sure is worse. But it is never ending so we would still be talking about something from day 14 of trump admin, and have a backlog of many thousands worse things trump mentioned we cant ever get to. I mean, this is tiring going over this, as we are dealing with a good man who is past his prime vs a bad man who is still hyper speed on daily evil, but also past his time.

  9. #5669
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    Damn, it's sad that one of these two buffoons is going to be president for the next 4 years.
    This is playing right into Trump's hands. He's gonna use the same playbook he used with Clinton...smear his opponent until enough people decide they both are equally awful. Thankfully the smears vs Biden aren't working, not even junior calling him a pedophile (which I won't be surprised if the far left runs with it at some point).
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

    Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

    How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

  10. #5670
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    nots, I didnt quite say Biden was right, not sure why you put right in quote marks and you said right a couple times, but what I said, and I think it is clear:

    "I mean, if I call someones neon green christmas sweater ugly, I may have to issue an apology if a network decided to run it, even though, as in this case interviewer wasnt offended, but it doesnt change if something was true or false.
    .
    Charlamagne the God seems like he might have been a bit upset in spite of what you say.
    https://nypost.com/2020/05/23/charla...ugh-interview/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •