Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    I would pull for Buttigieg without reading up on him just to see how long it would take Trump to make some kind of poop or fart play on words as his "clever" nickname. Over/under of 2.5 public appearances after he won the primary
    Chickenpooper

Comment

I would pull for Buttigieg without reading up on him just to see how long it would take Trump to make some kind of poop or fart play on words as his "clever" nickname. Over/under of 2.5 public appearances after he won the primary
      I'll take the under.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        I'll take the under.
        Heavy early betting on the under lowers it to 1.5 public appearances.

Comment

Heavy early betting on the under lowers it to 1.5 public appearances.
          Moneyline bet it happens before he might win the primary
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Latest poll: Wisconsin. Dumpy won Wisconsin in an upset in 2016, 47.2% to 46.5%.

Code:
            Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden	Emerson	Biden 54, Trump 46	Biden +8
            Wisconsin: Trump vs. Sanders	Emerson	Sanders 52, Trump 48	Sanders +4
            Wisconsin: Trump vs. Harris	Emerson	Trump 50, Harris 50	Tie
            Wisconsin: Trump vs. Warren	Emerson	Warren 52, Trump 48	Warren +4
            Wisconsin: Trump vs. O'Rourke	Emerson	O'Rourke 51, Trump 49	O'Rourke +2
            Wisconsin: Trump vs. Klobuchar	Emerson	Trump 50, Klobuchar 50	Tie
            Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden vs. Schultz	Emerson	Biden 51, Trump 44, Schultz 4	Biden +7

Wisconsin Democratic Primary	Emerson	Sanders 39, Biden 24, Warren 14, O'Rourke 6, Harris 5, Klobuchar 4, Booker 2, Gillibrand 1, Buttigieg 1, Yang 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              [Beto] doesn't have a large and substantive record of political accomplishment, and that may well be his downfall in a presidential race, but in terms of being able to persuasively advocate for the Democratic agenda to a broader audience and his ability to connect with and energize a crowd, he reminds me a lot of Obama.
              Obama is a lot smarter and had better judgment.

It will be interesting if the 2016 Senate race replays in 2020.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Well, it is crude yellow journalism, but it may still sink Beto. Fox News is basically suggesting he wants to murder children and steal all their computer passwords, because he wrote a short story ad a 15 year old where the character in the story went on a !murder spree that included running over kids. And he was part of a hacker group, though he didn't do anything wrong while in it.

Looks like it was Reuter’s and not Fox where this story originated. A good question for someone to ask is if the author had this info prior to the Texas Senate race, why would he choose to not make it public then?

Comment

• I don't yet know that Beto does or doesn't have the substance to be President, but a 15-year-old boy writing a piece of twisted violent fiction is hardly something that would deter me from considering him. Most 15-year-old boys have some violent rage to work out. The ones who do it through creative writing rather than actually harming people or animals are not the ones who concern me.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                    https://www.reuters.com/investigates...-beto-orourke/
                    Looks like it was Reuter’s and not Fox where this story originated. A good question for someone to ask is if the author had this info prior to the Texas Senate race, why would he choose to not make it public then?
                    The question is why report this ever? It attempts to make a 15 year olds creative writing sinister, as if Beto is some psycho because a character in a story he wrote as a kid was.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      I don't yet know that Beto does or doesn't have the substance to be President, but a 15-year-old boy writing a piece of twisted violent fiction is hardly something that would deter me from considering him. Most 15-year-old boys have some violent rage to work out. The ones who do it through creative writing rather than actually harming people or animals are not the ones who concern me.
                      I already gave a lot of substantive issues with Beto's candidacy. I would have thought you'd be upset that Beto is choosing his ego over the party, when he could instead take out Cornyn in the Senate. Typical entitled billionaire. "Born to be in it."

As for the $6.1 Mil, some context is needed.

First, let me clarify about the fundraising numbers. The major Democratic fundraising website that allows Democrats the mechanism to donate to their favourite candidates is ActBlue. Within the first couple of hours, ActBlue announced that Beto had raised $5K. When media asked Beto at the 24 he mark to reveal his first day total, he said "I'm afraid i can't do that." Then re-stated "what I mean is, I'm not willing to divulge that." So he gets goofed on all over the media for his flailing gibberish launch, and he goes to his corporate bundler friends, and they lay out just enough to sneak his total ahead of Bernie. Beto refuses to divulge the average donation, so he's clearly still hiding his lack of actual grassroots support.

It's clear as day in the media. This was published the day before he launched!

[Obama bundler Louis Susman is actively working the donor circuit to increase support for Beto O'Rourke's 2020 campaign for president.

The former Obama backer has put together a string of senior Democratic Party donors who are willing to contribute to the former congressman's presidential operation.

In an interview with CNBC, Susman says he's been talking with family and friends about backing O'Rourke. He also noted that all of his efforts are in "coordination with the campaign."

Susman is a senior advisor to Perella Weinberg Partners and Atlas Merchant Capital.
                      https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/14/form...e-in-2020.html

So I think it's funny that all the billionaires are supporting another billionaire running on empty platitudes. Barely grades above Howard Schultz. But you guys keep ignoring substance and analyzing the Fox News smears. Beto is Jeb 2.0. Can't wait for delusional Joe Biden to do what a real strong presidential candidate would do. "Take him out behind the high school and beat the hell out of him." Talk about out of touch. If these are the main contenders, and with Kamala support dwindling, I'm hopeful for Bernie.

Did you guys hear the part in Biden's announcement gaffe where he said he was the "most progressive candidate"? You cant just say things, and hope people don't have access to your track record. It's insane. Multiple times within the last couple of years he's spoken against the concerns of progressives, against the concerns of millenials (largest voting bloc!)... voted for Iraq war! Anita Hill bullshit! Biden crime bill! Anti desegregation bussing! Track record matters! Saying "I am the most progressive" when you consistently attack progressives is the type of delusion you see from Trump, "i am the least racist person you have ever met". He will be crushed.

If I'm proven wrong, I'm fully willing to admit that I bought into my own lefty media narrative delusions.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I don't yet know that Beto does or doesn't have the substance to be President, but a 15-year-old boy writing a piece of twisted violent fiction is hardly something that would deter me from considering him. Most 15-year-old boys have some violent rage to work out. The ones who do it through creative writing rather than actually harming people or animals are not the ones who concern me.
                        Didnt really address my question or the fact that the original post claimed it was 'Fox News yellow journalism', which jt wasnt.
                        I will ask you again-- why do you think this wasnt brought up until the Texas Senate race but was brought up now?

Comment

• I think it is a good indicator that a candidate is a contender when the opposition is so desperate to smear him or her they dig up and spin utter nonsense in hope it sticks. They did it to Sanders and now to Beto. TW, I do think you are conflating who you think will and should be popular among voters with who currently is popular among voters. Despite your feelings that Biden and Beto are horrible candidates, they seem to be getting substantial support right now. Sanders is too. He is the clear frontrunner on the progressive side right now. But if you think he is the only one with a shot at the nomination, it does seem you may be underestimating how many democratic voters are to the right of Sanders on some issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            I think it is a good indicator that a candidate is a contender when the opposition is so desperate to smear him or her they dig up and spin utter nonsense in hope it sticks. They did it to Sanders and now to Beto. TW, I do think you are conflating who you think will and should be popular among voters with who currently is popular among voters. Despite your feelings that Biden and Beto are horrible candidates, they seem to be getting substantial support right now. Sanders is too. He is the clear frontrunner on the progressive side right now. But if you think he is the only one with a shot at the nomination, it does seem you may be underestimating how many democratic voters are to the right of Sanders on some issues.
                            Why do you think the Reuters author has it in for Beto?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              Didnt really address my question or the fact that the original post claimed it was 'Fox News yellow journalism', which jt wasnt.
                              I will ask you again-- why do you think this wasnt brought up until the Texas Senate race but was brought up now?
                              Because everybody from every point along the political spectrum, with the possible exception of onejayhawk, utterly loathes Ted Cruz?

Comment

Because everybody from every point along the political spectrum, with the possible exception of onejayhawk, utterly loathes Ted Cruz?
                                Hard to argue with that but i do have some concerns in a broader context about how the media can and does influence elections. See also: CNN and Trump in 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X