Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144
Results 1,431 to 1,435 of 1435

Thread: Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    I did not say that.

I said that with zero other worthwhile evidence, it would be insane to derail someone's career over a 15-year-old, possibly drunk, youngster's rather incomplete memories. It's quite plausible that she was in a room somewhere with a few boys and she felt threatened. It's much less clear what happened, and whether Kavanaugh was even in the room.

I still hope that someday, people will shake their heads at how little evidence became required to accuse a political foe of all sorts of heinous crimes - and declare that person guilty in the court of public opinion.

And unfortunately within this climate, I fear at least one false claim of sexual assault from decades ago will be lodged at one of the Presidential candidates. remember the standard: a woman with a respectable career/life who steps forward and makes the claim. that's all that is needed. you don't need to have ever told anyone, or even remember where it happened.

that's the problem with opening Pandora's Box.
    At the time, a prosecutor said that her testimony would not have compelled a search warrant. Against this, you have Juanita Broaderick who filed a complaint the next day and had supporting witnesses. That is what I would call a credible witness.

Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    Blasey Ford, the one who was pleading for an FBI investigation, has had her life destroyed. Had to move at least 2 times, has had innumerable death threats against her. And was ultimately dismissed as uncredible by the R majority, as Kavanaugh was put thru. Some 2 dozen witnesses wanted to testify to FBI, but were not given the opportunity. Yes, it appears if you go to great lengths to not investigate, you will not yield any compelling evidence other than one persons testimony vs anothers.

Will there be others with sterling careers and reputations like Ford willing to endure what she has by coming forward, to be destroyed and her claims not failrly investigated, so that a charade hearing can take place? Yeah, not sure there will be a long line of people willing to go thru that.
    So, you had not heard of the book deal? Again, compare to Bill Clinton's victims.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Paul Waldman of Washington Post was just as surprised as I was by Biden claiming yet again, that the Republican fever will break and they'll come to their senses. Biden is either clueless, or full of shit. I'm not even sure which I believe, but it's not a good sign for a Presidential candidate to be so far out of touch with reality.

"The only problem with that is that thereís no evidence there is much to be gained from being seen as reasonable and moderate. Voters donít reward you for it. It doesnít get you any closer to achieving your policy goals. So whatís the point?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.ba8052ac25df
    On what basis are you and Paul Waldman concluding that voters don't award candidates who express a desire for and a willingness to seek bipartisanship? I think a great many voters, including a large share of "swingable" voters in "swingable" states do, in fact, want candidates who appear honest in their intention to try to reduce hyper-partisanship.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    On what basis are you and Paul Waldman concluding that voters don't award candidates who express a desire for and a willingness to seek bipartisanship? I think a great many voters, including a large share of "swingable" voters in "swingable" states do, in fact, want candidates who appear honest in their intention to try to reduce hyper-partisanship.
    I think the question of what Democratic primary voters will reward is open for debate.

I'm contending that this willingness to work with Republicans, his compliments of scumbags like Pence & Cheney, his corporate donor debt list building right now, his stated support of entitlement reform... it's a recipe for either a Trump 2020 win or a 2024 Andrew Dice Clay/Roseanne Barr presidency.

Being middle of the road on climate change is disqualifying on it's own. Let alone his refusal to admit wrongdoing regarding Anita Hill, the 94 crime bill, his anti-segregationist views, his anti LGBTQ views, his anti-choice views for women, his gutting of union pensions, his anti consumer bankruptcy protection giveaway to the credit industry, supporting NAFTA (critical Hillary hit in Midwest).... on and on, he's going to refuse to admit his role in all of this stuff, deny history, and become an even more toxic clone of Hillary with a longer record of corruption, going against corporate media applauding Trump's economy... that's a suicide mission, to not nominate a candidate that can turn out young, disaffected non-voters like Trump did. If you really fear Trump 2nd term, support bold candidates. That's my takeaway. The older voters will support the Dem candidate as loyalists to the party. Stats show younger voters increasingly independent, likely to stay home or vote 3rd party on Biden. Fear them and their numbers, or give them someone to get excited about. Same exact cycle as 2016.

Big Leaguer
    I think the question of what Democratic primary voters will reward is open for debate.

I'm contending that this willingness to work with Republicans, his compliments of scumbags like Pence & Cheney, his corporate donor debt list building right now, his stated support of entitlement reform... it's a recipe for either a Trump 2020 win or a 2024 Andrew Dice Clay/Roseanne Barr presidency.

Being middle of the road on climate change is disqualifying on it's own. Let alone his refusal to admit wrongdoing regarding Anita Hill, the 94 crime bill, his anti-segregationist views, his anti LGBTQ views, his anti-choice views for women, his gutting of union pensions, his anti consumer bankruptcy protection giveaway to the credit industry, supporting NAFTA (critical Hillary hit in Midwest).... on and on, he's going to refuse to admit his role in all of this stuff, deny history, and become an even more toxic clone of Hillary with a longer record of corruption, going against corporate media applauding Trump's economy... that's a suicide mission, to not nominate a candidate that can turn out young, disaffected non-voters like Trump did. If you really fear Trump 2nd term, support bold candidates. That's my takeaway. The older voters will support the Dem candidate as loyalists to the party. Stats show younger voters increasingly independent, likely to stay home or vote 3rd party on Biden. Fear them and their numbers, or give them someone to get excited about. Same exact cycle as 2016.
    The climate change thing took a bit of a hit in Finland, Australia and Canada over the last few weeks.

Suburbs of Minneapolis...close to Hornsby

I would think you would be willing to claim, "I'll move to Canada if Biden is elected, but you're already there."
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.