Page 107 of 119 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1186

Thread: Election 2020

Meanwhile, I think that Elizabeth Warren still has enough time to get past the foolishness (much of it earned) around her DNA test and claims of Native American heritage, because she's the candidate in the field putting forward the most specific and thoughtful policy proposals, IMO. I'm re-warming to her. I don't intend that as a slight toward any of the other candidates, but I think she deserves serious consideration given her record as a serious policymaker.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    Meanwhile, I think that Elizabeth Warren still has enough time to get past the foolishness (much of it earned) around her DNA test and claims of Native American heritage, because she's the candidate in the field putting forward the most specific and thoughtful policy proposals, IMO. I'm re-warming to her. I don't intend that as a slight toward any of the other candidates, but I think she deserves serious consideration given her record as a serious policymaker.
    I know you don't care about her backpedal on Universal healthcare, but progressives do. There's a reason she trails Bernie by about 3 or 4-1. She's Bernie-lite, and I think the progressives are coalescing much more around Sanders.

Good policy from her, but I think she's an extreme longshot. If Bernie didn't run, she would have a chance.

I think that whole "controversy" is overplayed and stupid. She would be a much better president than almost anyone who is running in my opinion. Hopefully people can look past that and evaluate her on her policy proposals and positions, because I think she is pretty strong in that regard.

I understand this is Rasmussen, but not good news for Bernie fans:

Code:
    General Election: Trump vs. Sanders	Rasmussen Reports	Sanders 44, Trump 47	Trump +3

Warren's problem is that she's boring. Beto, Buttigieg, Bernie, even Kamala Harris are not boring.

Beto looks good but is also not smart, so he will eventually take himself out. Harris seems to lack a hook not related to genetics. Buttigieg is very young and still untried. Biden is Biden. It may be that Warren simply has to stay the course and the others will fall off. Of course, that still leaves Bernie Sanders.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Warren's problem is that she's boring. Beto, Buttigieg, Bernie, even Kamala Harris are not boring.

J
    this is the first thing I agree with posted by onejay - after the current idiot as president falls - boring would be a great thing

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    this is the first thing I agree with posted by onejay - after the current idiot as president falls - boring would be a great thing
    I give you the next President of the United States--Ted Cruz.

You knew it wouldn't last, right. Still, I am completely serious. Unless Trump dies in office, Cruz will be next.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post

Code:
    General Election: Trump vs. Sanders	Rasmussen Reports	Sanders 44, Trump 47	Trump +3
    How did the polling look for Hillary vs. Jeb in April 2015? I think you are reading too much into general election polling before the primary has even happened. It's incredibly early to think current numbers hold much weight. These candidates still need to make their pitch.

Last Democratic primary, the first debate was in October. This cycle, they have debates in June, July, Sept, Oct, Nov, and up to 12 debates total. I'm excited to see them. I think Bernie has worked hard to address his areas of weakness in 2016, and look forward to him showing his growth as a politician in the debates.

By the way, I went through the first 30 pages of the RJ 2016 Dem primary thread. Man, I miss El Diablo and GITH. I guess I wasn't posting at the time, but Feral Slasher, Nots, baldgriff, and others covered the DNC debacle quite succinctly. Also, GITH announced that Bernie would win when he was down by 30 pts nationally. He came pretty damn close, and he actually nailed the prediction by stating that if mainstream media ignored Bernie, he wouldn't get enough exposure to win. Sure enough, cut to Bernie's biggest 2016 rally and all of MSM were too busy covering a vacant Trump podium instead.

12 debates this time is more than enough runway for Bernie to take the nomination. The funny thing is, I view Sanders having a much tougher fight through the primary than the general. General election, its populism that wins. Bernie has the best chance to steal Trump voters in the general, and definitely the highest chance to turnout the most unlikely voters.

I do also see signs within the polling that I love, such as Bernie's steady climb, and his runaway standing as 2nd choice for Biden and Warren supporters. But I measure these numbers against what I'm seeing from the media on a broader level, and I'm hesitantly optimistic. If propping up losers like Mayor Pete is all they have, they're sunk. Also, Biden is on life support. Despite a small dent in polling, he has been a frequent late night punchline lately, not just SNL. I hope he enters to get absolutely trampled. That's how confident I am that he's toast, I prefer him entering.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post

Code:
    Total outlier and Rasmussen has a history of skewing Republican, right?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

" ..... is on life support. Despite a small dent in polling, he has been a frequent late night punchline lately, not just SNL. I hope he enters to get absolutely trampled. That's how confident I am that he's toast, I prefer him entering."

Hillary? is that you from 2015?
    just kicked off my 36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    have stumbled out of the gate
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Roark 8, PLopez 1
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Dominguez 10, Neshek
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B Descalso, 13 Belt 10, 2B Barnes 8, SS BCrawford 9, 2S EGonzalez 2-DL
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, KMarte 10, Dyson 8, NWilliams 2, UT Daza (minors)
    DL: SP Cueto 1, 3B TFrazier 2, OF Dickerson 17