No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 years ago I was once asked about the intelligence of cats. and I have come to the conclusion, they know everything. you shouldn't be asking about whether they know the things you do, or want them to. you should wonder about the things they know you haven't even thought of yet. if there is one life form on earth that fully understands the full moronity of us, it's them.

it's when you take your cat to the vet, and the cat complains and is like, these guys don't know shit. and you realize the cat was right. over and over.

Comment

• someday when these trains of consciousness of mine stop, it's not for any reason except that I finally stopped drinking and hiding from the world in a house or my RV. previously in my house, they kicked me out of my house. and stole or destroyed everything I owned. rich people that were well off. went through everything I owned like it was a scavenger hunt. that I had kept like it was some free for all. they didn't even care about the cat up the street watching over me. they were rich doctors but they just took what they could. wanted me to live the way they wanted me too. they told me I needed a couch and furniture and a TV. and a dresser to put my clothes in. so I smashed the dresser and used it for the wood stove. and after they turned on me because it wasn't about spatial things it was about ideology. I bought an RV and hit the road. they are fortunate I turned the other cheek and left. but every day I think about what they took from me.

but someday when I finally stop it won't be because i am dead or was angry or fucked up, it will just be because I finally lived up to my potential and made lemonade.

Comment

• there's a reason why my cat's sister came in my RV for a few hours tonite for the first time after a year. all day today i cleaned out a shed and made a bed for her after they boarded up the window at the house next door again. the guy here has over 20 fucking weed wackers. lol.

fucking cats, you know. you finally do something for them and they choose something else. it's like when they complain and want to go outside, and then you open the door and they just sit there.

Comment

• GA has flipped
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            That is a heart-breaking image, and an interesting analogy. I am not sure I agree though--I think we are tremendously adaptable taken at the largest scale. But at the small scale of our lives, not as much. Countries and empires rise and fall, but so far, humans expand and thrive. I do fear that our nature, once we get to the point of easily accessible extinction level weapons, it is all over for us. The mistakes we make so far are not fatal to our species, but one day they may be.
            thanks for reading the story and responding. i had been carrying the burden of that story with me for 8 years waiting to share it. i didn't want to traumatize anyone until i felt we were ready. there's nothing you can do about palm oil. and Orangutans are about the last species anyone would want to wipe out. perhaps someday when we finally wipe ourselves out, we'll all stand before God, and an Orangutan that was clinging to the top of the last tree in it's forest will be on the jury.

and it's name will be dr zaius... don't mind me. i am just killing time waiting for the cats to regroup outside at 5 am because they do that every day.

Comment

• Biden takes the lead in PA too

Comment

• Biden ahead in PA, it is over!

Comment

• It's been over for a while. Georgia and Pennsylvania will move it out of the range of lawyers, more than likely.

I wish I had ownership in local Georgia TV stations. Any of them. They're going to be rich this year.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Now the only question is: does he go out dragged through the streets naked like Khadafi or hidden in a stinky dirt hole like Saddam Hussein?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Now the only question is: does he go out dragged through the streets naked like Khadafi or hidden in a stinky dirt hole like Saddam Hussein?
                      I think he leaves DC before Thanksgiving and never returns. If he doesn't resign first, he'll just run things from Mar-a-Lago. Frankly, if he can leave and let what is left of the adults focus on the important transition work, that would be ideal.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        It's been over for a while. Georgia and Pennsylvania will move it out of the range of lawyers, more than likely.

I wish I had ownership in local Georgia TV stations. Any of them. They're going to be rich this year.
                        Well, you are living in the rational world, the Twitter world has been trying. to tell me that Trump would win PA. Anyway, some people on here saw I did a whole Facebook post around 7 PM yesterday trying to explain to people why it was over. Heck, when I woke up Weds I called my parents who can't stand Trump, and told them as soon as I saw the change in WI that it was all over but the counting. The margins between mail-in and in-person were so severe that it was easy to see where this was going.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Check out your boy Graham.
                          He is a ride or die bitch. He put his money where his mouth is--right in comrade Trump's lap. I'm happy he will be out 500k after this.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                            Well, you are living in the rational world, the Twitter world has been trying. to tell me that Trump would win PA. Anyway, some people on here saw I did a whole Facebook post around 7 PM yesterday trying to explain to people why it was over. Heck, when I woke up Weds I called my parents who can't stand Trump, and told them as soon as I saw the change in WI that it was all over but the counting. The margins between mail-in and in-person were so severe that it was easy to see where this was going.
                            I was surprised Georgia rolled, but Pennsylvania was obvious once the first round of late counts came in. And Nevada has been in the bag since Election Day. And Arizona ain't flipping.

So Trump could win his legal challenge now in any two of the closely contested states and still won't get to 270. I'm pretty sure that puts it beyond the reach of the lawyers, too. Had it been a one state margin - especially Wisconsin or Georgia - we'd be waiting for the legal review for the next 4-6 weeks, and the outcome would be in doubt.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              I was surprised Georgia rolled, but Pennsylvania was obvious once the first round of late counts came in. And Nevada has been in the bag since Election Day. And Arizona ain't flipping.

So Trump could win his legal challenge now in any two of the closely contested states and still won't get to 270. I'm pretty sure that puts it beyond the reach of the lawyers, too. Had it been a one state margin - especially Wisconsin or Georgia - we'd be waiting for the legal review for the next 4-6 weeks, and the outcome would be in doubt.
                              If this came down to just GA because of how close that looks to be and the still to count military vote this would be a mess so thankful that we don't need to endure that the margin in PA will be more than enough to prevent any of that and the blue wall + NV will be plenty. I agree on AZ but good grief AZ report some votes.

Comment

• This article concludes that Trump will come around and concede defeat graciously for the sake of his political future and that of his children, who also seem to have political aspirations. I don't see it. I think their brand is to fight and never concede anything not matter what.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...5D?li=BB1a4woc

"Richard Nixon, for example, was sure he'd been cheated in 1960 against John Kennedy because of shenanigans in Texas and Illinois," Farris said. "But ... he realized that if he didn't come across as a good loser, his future in politics was probably over."

Trump will come to a similar conclusion, Farris added. He may also realize that if he is a sore loser, it will reflect badly on his children who seem to have their own political ambitions, he added.

“As he looks ahead, I think it'll come to him that ‘I need to say something and be fairly a good sport about this’,” Farris said.

If Trump refuses to deliver a public concession speech or make a congratulatory call to Biden, it would break with 124 years of American history. Experts say it would also undermine the election results and exacerbate the nation's political tensions, already laid bare by a bitter campaign and the extended, contested vote count.

“It will be truly harmful,” said William Howell, chair of the political science department at the University of Chicago.

“Concession speeches are a kind of affirmation about the legitimacy of elections,” he said. They’re about losing candidates recognizing the outcome and calling on their followers to do the same, “which is essential for the health of our democracy," he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X