Page 210 of 219 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2181

Thread: Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Harris has gone really hard at Biden. You think they can get past that for her to be the VP pick?
    Yes, I think they could. That said, I too worry about Biden. He hasn't looked sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Harris has gone really hard at Biden. You think they can get past that for her to be the VP pick?
    I don't know. I think once the nominee is settled, the DNC has to come up with the best course of action to bring out every possible voter in every possible area. That's why I think the VP pick, assuming the nominee is Biden, needs to be either a minority or a woman, or ideally both. If Biden and Harris can't overcome their petty differences to oust Trump, then we have some major problems.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    I don't know. I think once the nominee is settled, the DNC has to come up with the best course of action to bring out every possible voter in every possible area. That's why I think the VP pick, assuming the nominee is Biden, needs to be either a minority or a woman, or ideally both. If Biden and Harris can't overcome their petty differences to oust Trump, then we have some major problems.
    But at least so far, Biden is polling better with Blacks than the Black candidates are. He's doing poorer with white liberal progressives.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    But at least so far, Biden is polling better with Blacks than the Black candidates are. He's doing poorer with white liberal progressives.
    Key word: black "candidates." How about Abrams or Gillum?

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Key word: black "candidates." How about Abrams or Gillum?
    Abrams is more popular with progressives than Harris or Booker, I think. I'm just not sure that's where Biden would need to shore up support, although I have several Black friends on Facebook who are unhappy with his latest gaffe about "poor kids" being "just as smart as white kids".

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Teenwolf's Avatar
    This is exactly why he's so vulnerable. Obama didn't pick Biden because Biden appealed to black voters, he picked Biden to appeal to white voters. Biden's actual record, working with segregationists, constructing the crime bill, the crack vs powder cocaine sentencing disparity, on and on. I hope Kamala Harris could expose his weakness, but it seems like he's mostly skated so far. People need to keep seeing Biden fail, I guess... I always heard that voters don't usually start paying attention until after labour day, right? I just have to hope, because if he becomes the nominee, he would deflate turnout and lose. No question.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Teenwolf's Avatar
    Yes, I think they could. That said, I too worry about Biden. He hasn't looked sharp.
    The same day that he made the massive gaffe about poor kids being just as smart as white kids, he referred to Theresa May as Margaret Thatcher for the 2nd time since May, AND, he fumbled a statement at a rally, saying "we choose science over fiction! We choose truth over facts!"... uh... what? He didn't even correct himself, he's so out of it. Those 3 errors in the same day. Brutal. He's a trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    I will respectfully disagree...I've seen Obama, Clinton, and just about every other politician over the past 35 years, and Joe Biden is just about the best speaker I've ever witnessed. He connects to the crowd in a very personal way, he sometimes goes off script, which can get him in trouble, but it's almost always because it's something that he feels passionately about.

He's been doing this forever...Trump has not. Trumps opponents were totally unprepared for his "style" during the 2016 primaries, so he won the nomination. HRC basically mopped the stage with him during their debates...he's simply not very good at it. I'll take Biden and his stage presence vs Trump all day long.
    I understand your point, though I don't think he's the same speaker now in comparison to when youvé seen him.

He's looked weak and confused in the past 2 debates and continues to muff questions and statements. They may seem and even actually be inconsequential, but Trump will use anything to his advantage and his base LOVES it when he's a petty little name calling prick.

It's going to take someone who will call Trump out and in language that resonates--so If Biden can't look Trump in the Eye and call him a Liar to his face on National TV, he's going to have trouble.

Whomever is on that stage with Trump at the end is going to have to provoke him into losing it in front of the entire nation, you aren't going to get that needed response by saying--Well President Trump, that's just not true--you're going to have to say--You ,sir--are a Liar. It HAS to be strong and a direct attack. I'm using Trump's Lies as an example, but there's a TON of ammunition the eventual Dem Nominee with have and MUST use.

If they play this nice, we'll get Trump for another 4 years.

Aggression is the play here and I just don't see that in Biden.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I understand your point, though I don't think he's the same speaker now in comparison to when youvé seen him.

He's looked weak and confused in the past 2 debates and continues to muff questions and statements. They may seem and even actually be inconsequential, but Trump will use anything to his advantage and his base LOVES it when he's a petty little name calling prick.

It's going to take someone who will call Trump out and in language that resonates--so If Biden can't look Trump in the Eye and call him a Liar to his face on National TV, he's going to have trouble.

Whomever is on that stage with Trump at the end is going to have to provoke him into losing it in front of the entire nation, you aren't going to get that needed response by saying--Well President Trump, that's just not true--you're going to have to say--You ,sir--are a Liar. It HAS to be strong and a direct attack. I'm using Trump's Lies as an example, but there's a TON of ammunition the eventual Dem Nominee with have and MUST use.

If they play this nice, we'll get Trump for another 4 years.

Aggression is the play here and I just don't see that in Biden.
    Didn't Biden say he wanted to challenge Trump to a fight?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Didn't Biden say he wanted to challenge Trump to a fight?
    Somewhat, but like the internet, until you're face to face bravado is an easy get.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.