Page 209 of 219 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2184

Thread: Election 2020

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Teenwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    She was not seen as a lock, demonstrably false.

You seem to confuse your own perspective with that of an entire nation that you live next to. There are a lot of Americans that genuinely like Biden and still many more who would gladly take the chance on him if he is believed to have a better chance to beat Trump. He's not my preferred candidate (as I've stated repeatedly), but your continuing insistence that no one likes Biden and that he's a monster who has no chance of beating Trump is completely self-reflective.
    I'm not saying that there isn't current support for Biden. I'm saying that it's completely unsustainable because he's an even more horribly and critically flawed candidate than Clinton was. He would point to Biden's physical deterioration, and he'd win points based on it. He'd point to Biden's record, and crush him.

In the last debate, Biden said he would renegotiate the fucking TPP... He constructed NAFTA, and Trump would hammer him with it endlessly... He would get swept through the midwest just like Hillary did. I'm just as scared of a 2nd Trump term as all of you are, but knowing that you need millenials to turn out, Biden is a fucking loser. Get it through your heads, he told the biggest voting base "I have no sympathy for you, gimme a break!" The ones carrying the bulk of $1.6 Tn student loan debt. Running Biden is suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    I will respectfully disagree...I've seen Obama, Clinton, and just about every other politician over the past 35 years, and Joe Biden is just about the best speaker I've ever witnessed. He connects to the crowd in a very personal way, he sometimes goes off script, which can get him in trouble, but it's almost always because it's something that he feels passionately about.

He's been doing this forever...Trump has not. Trumps opponents were totally unprepared for his "style" during the 2016 primaries, so he won the nomination. HRC basically mopped the stage with him during their debates...he's simply not very good at it. I'll take Biden and his stage presence vs Trump all day long.
    You honestly don't think Biden 30330 has lost a step?

I'm not denying Biden of 2008 could beat Trump, but I think it's becoming clear he's not the same speaker. He mumbles and stammers a lot, and confuses people and places... he stops in the middle of sentences and waves his hands... he looks old. Am I seeing things?

Man, it is a great time for politicians being able to get beyond the big donors dictating who gets time to get their message out. In two days, we have over 5.5 million views for Bernie's interview with Rogan. They got to hear him on a variety of issues without commercial interruption. I think he did a great job of presenting all of his plans in a way that seems totally reasonable and not radical at all. It is all in line with what most developed countries do and what most Americans say they want.

eTA: The one thing I don't think he honestly or fully addressed is his plan for making college free and wiping out student loans. He put it forth entirely as a tax on "wall street speculators" and doesn't mention its potential negative impact on retirement plans. I wish Rogan would have asked him about that, but Rogan isn't known for doing research or asking such questions.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-08-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Man, it is a great time for politicians being able to get beyond the big donors dictating who gets time to get their message out. In two days, we have over 5.5 million views for Bernie's interview with Rogan. They got to hear him on a variety of issues without commercial interruption. I think he did a great job of presenting all of his plans in a way that seems totally reasonable and not radical at all. It is all in line with what most developed countries do and what most Americans say they want.

The one thing I don't think he honestly or fully addressed his plan for making college free and wiping out student loans. He put it forth entirely as a tax on "wall street speculators" and doesn't mention its potential negative impact on retirement plans.
    Yep, I thought he did a great job as well. Too often he is portrayed as a caricature and he acknowledged how the debates are mostly pointless.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Its interesting because Rogan has a history of elevating some awful voices from the right. However, last week he had Cornel West on for 2 hours, and it was a great interview that seemed to really change Rogan's perspectives on a lot of issues. It helps that Cornel West compared Rogan to Richard Pryor to butter him up. I highly recommend the West interview if you missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    I'd like for my next president to be someone that can hire actual professionals for important federal positions instead of toadies and cronies
    Yes !
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Its interesting because Rogan has a history of elevating some awful voices from the right. However, last week he had Cornel West on for 2 hours, and it was a great interview that seemed to really change Rogan's perspectives on a lot of issues. It helps that Cornel West compared Rogan to Richard Pryor to butter him up. I highly recommend the West interview if you missed that one.
    Yeah, I listen to him and his comedy crew mates a lot and it is clear the whole crew leans libertarian a bit and certainly seem to lean more sympathetic to some alt-right perspectives than most, at least the anti-pc side of it. But they, and Rogan especially, have such tremendous reach, and he is really open to giving a wide range of people a fair chance to share their views, so he is an important platform, and often gets out of the way and let folks talk in a way they hardly ever get to do anywhere else. I do wish he knew more about some of these issues and was able to ask some more pointed questions and push back some on some issues. Most of what he knows seems to come from previous interviews, at least on areas outside his wheelhouse.

Big Leaguer
    I love the Rogan podcast. He gets everyone, from crazy big names, to the best experts in whatever field, and gives them a real chance to talk without jumping in every few seconds like they do on the big networks. The Bernie one posted above is well worth a watch. Bernie explains how the debates are really insulting to the candidates as no one can flesh out povs of important subjects in 45 second bursts and 15 second rebuttals, it just leads to the loudest clown with the shouted out zinger to be proclaimed as the "winner".

Rogan has had Musk on for a couple hours, where we learn how this guy is brilliant, and world changing, but also is being slammed by regulatory forces of govt as well as stockholder demands to perform like a trained monkey to meet shareholder objectives while Musk is the guy who can do substantial good on a freakin global scale if he was given just an inch to tackle problems. We all get a friends perspective on that brilliant dude who wants to do good but also is really stressed, which made for a great episode.

Rogan has had multi hour segments with Neil Degrasse Tyson, Bourdain, David Goggins, Sam Harris, Henry Rollins, Russell Brand all with extended respectful approach and you cant help wish the debates gave even 1% the chance that these podcasts do in letting you learn the perspectives of these people. Watch the Tulsi Gabbard one and you will learn a giant multiple more about her than watching 10 of the dopey debates.

As far as the D candidates, I like all the top 5, all earnest with similar platforms. K Harris would so eviscerate Trump in 1 on 1 debates but any of the top 5 will be better prepared, way more knowledge, and present better on the debate stage than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    You honestly don't think Biden 30330 has lost a step?

I'm not denying Biden of 2008 could beat Trump, but I think it's becoming clear he's not the same speaker. He mumbles and stammers a lot, and confuses people and places... he stops in the middle of sentences and waves his hands... he looks old. Am I seeing things?
    It's definitely obvious that he's lost a step, which does make it frustrating. However, I don't see how you can constantly be pounding on his [apparent age-related] missteps yet support a guy who's almost 2 years older and who could fall off the age cliff at any moment.

But see, when you get polls like this in North Carolina, you say to yourself -- ok, let's just get Trump out of office, and clearly Biden won't run for a 2nd term. So that's why his VP is key, which is why it should be Harris.

Code:
    North Carolina: Trump vs. Biden	        Civitas/SurveyUSA	Biden 49, Trump 41	Biden +8
    North Carolina: Trump vs. Sanders	Civitas/SurveyUSA	Sanders 47, Trump 43	Sanders +4
    North Carolina: Trump vs. Warren	Civitas/SurveyUSA	Trump 43, Warren 44	Warren +1
    North Carolina: Trump vs. Harris	Civitas/SurveyUSA	Trump 44, Harris 43	Trump +1
    North Carolina: Trump vs. Buttigieg	Civitas/SurveyUSA	Trump 43, Buttigieg 41	Trump +2

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post

But see, when you get polls like this in North Carolina, you say to yourself -- ok, let's just get Trump out of office, and clearly Biden won't run for a 2nd term. So that's why his VP is key, which is why it should be Harris.
    Harris has gone really hard at Biden. You think they can get past that for her to be the VP pick?