Page 211 of 217 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2166

Thread: Election 2020

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Teenwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Didn't Biden say he wanted to challenge Trump to a fight?
    He actually said he would challenge Trump to a pushup contest... because that's how you recapture the soul of America!

Latest Nat'l poll shows only the top 2 able to beat Trump within the margin of error, but it's a sound beating nonetheless:

Code:
    General Election: Trump vs. Biden	SurveyUSA	Biden 50, Trump 42	Biden +8
    General Election: Trump vs. Sanders	SurveyUSA	Sanders 50, Trump 42	Sanders +8
    General Election: Trump vs. Warren	SurveyUSA	Warren 46, Trump 44	Warren +2
    General Election: Trump vs. Harris	SurveyUSA	Harris 45, Trump 44	Harris +1
    General Election: Trump vs. Buttigieg	SurveyUSA	Buttigieg 42, Trump 44	Trump +2

I am coming around on the idea that Biden has lost something. How can he have thought he was VP during Parkland? It is worrying.

Also, Musk endorsed Yang. Don't think that gives him enough of a bump to stay in it long term, but maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I am coming around on the idea that Biden has lost something. How can he have thought he was VP during Parkland? It is worrying.

Also, Musk endorsed Yang. Don't think that gives him enough of a bump to stay in it long term, but maybe.
    Wow, the statement on Parkland should be enough at this point. He's clearly confused, bumbling, and deteriorating rapidly, every single appearance making one or more major gaffes. I hope he would get so bad as to drop out, as he's clearly incapable of doing the job, but apparently people like frae, and Hornsby and revo need more evidence.

As for Yang, I fucking hate that he's gaining. He's the real fauxgressive trojan horse, and he and Sanders' voters are the most loyal, so they'll cling to his $1k/mth bullshit until he goes out. He's only in it to siphon votes from actual progressives. He became the 9th confirmed for September debates. Hopefully Tulsi makes it 10 and they lock the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post

As for Yang, I fucking hate that he's gaining. He's the real fauxgressive trojan horse, and he and Sanders' voters are the most loyal, so they'll cling to his $1k/mth bullshit until he goes out. He's only in it to siphon votes from actual progressives. He became the 9th confirmed for September debates. Hopefully Tulsi makes it 10 and they lock the door.
    Do you think he is consciously trying to undermine Sanders and Warren with his candidacy and that is his primary aim? He seems like he really wants to be president. What evidence is there that he is in the race just to hurt the chances of Sanders and Warren? It is troubling that alt-righters seem to like him, but I'm not sure why they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Do you think he is consciously trying to undermine Sanders and Warren with his candidacy and that is his primary aim? He seems like he really wants to be president. What evidence is there that he is in the race just to hurt the chances of Sanders and Warren? It is troubling that alt-righters seem to like him, but I'm not sure why they do.
    His interview on Dave Rubin's show was extremely revealing. I do think he's consciously courting the alt-right with statements about white birth rates and such. I believe he's more in line with Biden on the economy than most people realize. Cutting entitlements is a Biden thing.

As far as purposely undercutting Sanders and Warren, I'm not sure his exact intentions. But if you were someone who believed in extreme measures to cut social programs, it seems like stopping Sanders and Warren would be the primary objective. Marianne Williamson "really wants to be President" too, but I don't think either her or Yang are delusional enough to believe they could win. It's all PR for them, not sure what Yang is trying to set up for himself. Media talking head?

The always popular, but very unscientific Iowa State Fair Corn Kernel poll results:

Code:
    Dems 51%, GOP 49%

Biden 24%
    Mayor Pete 16%
    Warren 15%
    Harris 11%
    Sanders 9%
    Booker 4%
    Gabbard 4%
    Klobuchar 3%
    Steyer 3%
    Yang 2%
    O'Rourke 2%

Apparently Tom Steyer is saying he's passed the threshold to make the 3rd debate stage. That would make him the 10th. If Tulsi Gabbard could make it, maybe 1 or 2 more, then you would get 2 debate nights with 6-7 candidates. But if Steyer is 10th, I'd rather they get Tulsi +1 and split into 2 nights. Would lead to much more substantive conversation with 6 candidates per debate night.

Tulsi has been smeared non-stop. Twitter highlighted a story on her from Feb about David Duke endorsing her, for a full week in August. Any interview has been about Assad. I think she's done well pushing back, but we'll see.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/08/ha...rown-shooting/

Harris and Warren both claiming that the guy in Ferguson, Mo. was "murdered" by a cop 5 years ago.

Now, if someone still believes that, that's fine.

if a Presidential candidate wants to say, "Of course we all know that an African-American President's African-American Attorney General concluded the following - but I don't care. They covered the whole thing up and lied about the evidence. I still call it murder," that's fine, too.

when they forget that last part - well, if I didn't know any better, I'd think they were pandering for votes, since I'm pretty sure the majority of Democrats never read a word of the blocks below (but maybe you can talk me out of that one).

the worst part is what they DID find was incredibly disturbing in its own right: a systemic harassment of people of color by the police department over many years, making their lives a living hell. that's the real takeaway. but maybe it didn't test well in focus groups?

"the Obama administration investigation, conducted by the Criminal Section of the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division, the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Missouri and the FBI, found that “the evidence does not support an indictment of [officer] Darren Wilson.”

"the evidence does not establish that the shots fired by Wilson were objectively unreasonable under federal law. The physical evidence establishes that Wilson shot Brown once in the hand, at close range, while Wilson sat in his police SUV, struggling with Brown for control of Wilson’s gun. Wilson then shot Brown several more times from a distance of at least two feet after Brown ran away from Wilson and then turned and faced him. There are no witness accounts that federal prosecutors, and likewise a jury, would credit to support the conclusion that Wilson fired at Brown from behind. With the exception of the two wounds to Brown’s right arm, which indicate neither bullet trajectory nor the direction in which Brown was moving when he was struck, the medical examiners’ reports are in agreement that the entry wounds from the latter gunshots were to the front of Brown’s body, establishing that Brown was facing Wilson when these shots were fired. This includes the fatal shot to the top of Brown’s head. The physical evidence also establishes that Brown moved forward toward Wilson after he turned around to face him. The physical evidence is corroborated by multiple eyewitnesses.

Those eyewitnesses “stated that Brown appeared to pose a physical threat to Wilson as he moved toward Wilson.”

"Multiple credible witnesses corroborate virtually every material aspect of Wilson’s account and are consistent with the physical evidence. Even if the evidence established that Wilson’s actions were unreasonable, the government would also have to prove that Wilson acted willfully, i.e. that he acted with a specific intent to violate the law. As discussed above, Wilson’s stated intent for shooting Brown was in response to a perceived deadly threat."

"The DOJ investigation found: “Witness accounts suggesting that Brown was standing still with his hands raised in an unambiguous signal of surrender when Wilson shot Brown are inconsistent with the physical evidence, are otherwise not credible because of internal inconsistencies, or are not credible because of inconsistencies with other credible evidence.”
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    awful keeper list but August rampage somehow has me within inches of 3rd place
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44-IL, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Marquez, Samardzija 1, Leake, AWood
    RP Stanek 8, Strickland 1
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Cooper, UT Beaty
    IL: SP Cueto 1, SP Mahle, OF Bruce LD
    minors: OF RDavis

Sanders is rising in some of the polling now, pulling (back) into second place in national polling and solidly ahead in New Hampshire.