No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another in a long line of awesome hard hitting ads by Lincoln Project. Trump personally went after Steve Schmidt, cofounder of LP, who has an interesting background. Schmidt was campaign strategist for GWB, Arnold scrabbleinator, J McCain, etc, just a lifelong republican who is against naked fascism, aka trumpism. Anyhoo, the Schmidt comeback to trump 5th grade name calling was epic https://uproxx.com/viral/trump-steve...ncoln-project/ with highlights:

"Almost $500 million in personally guaranteed loans to? Its’ all coming down. You think you and your disgusting family are going to be in deal flow next year? Are you really that delusional?"
    "You are a joke. A splendid moron turned deadly clown... On the inside. They are at war over scraps and who gets to command what will be the remnants of your rancid cult. It’s almost over now. You are the greatest failure in American history"

To the election, I am still concerned, but as noted HRC had neg likeability numbers right there with trump, both were saddled with historically strong negatives there. Biden does not have that issue. 538 back in 2016 shows the 2% drop right after the Comey surprise, just days before election, especially harmful as Comey withheld mentioning the actual trump investigation to instead post about the HRC. The lowest point of 2016 run, such as the grab her by the.. Access Hollywood tape that should have been the end of the road from trump, were again and again bailed out by strategic drops by wikileaks hours later to soften, mix, obscure.

Polls look like a slam dunk this cycle, but I am still nervous and I am sure thee will be sickening developments between now and election day. Sure of it, I know this becuase every few days for years we have had sickening never before in our history developments we learn about from our press.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
      Jamie Harrison in South Carolina raised $57 million in the final quarter. Lindsey may still yet win because of the lean of the state, but Harrison is going to be able to flood the airwaves over the last 3 weeks.

https://wpde.com/news/local/jamie-ha...sc-senate-race
      This, by the way, was a single quarter record for any Senate race at any point in US political history. Of course, the previous record was held by a candidate who lost (Beto O'Rourke, $38m in 2018), but regardless, it shows how engaged Dems are compared to the GOP. Theresa Greenfield and Cal Cunningham also brought in ~$29m in the 3rd quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        it shows how engaged Dems are compared to the GOP.
        Trump supporters are all spending their money on big ass flags to attach to their trucks and shrink wrapping his name on their boats.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Trump supporters are all spending their money on big ass flags to attach to their trucks and shrink wrapping his name on their boats.
          Do I want to know what an "ass flag" is? No, I don't think I want to know.

Comment

• One poll but the first full poll I have seen since the texting scandal shows Cunningham gaining ground since the last poll from this pollster. He lost some ground with women and seniors but made up for it and more with men. Not sure but this is the data...

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              One poll but the first full poll I have seen since the texting scandal shows Cunningham gaining ground since the last poll from this pollster. He lost some ground with women and seniors but made up for it and more with men. Not sure but this is the data...

I want the guy to win, and I don't think this texting scandal should sink him, but it is messed up that it would actually spike his numbers with guys, just based on that, unless there is another reason, somehow.

Comment

• So, will Trump take down the ad that takes Facui out of context, to make it look like Fauci is praising him when he was not, without his permission, and now against his explicit wishes? No, no he he won't. HIs team doubled down, instead. He knows he has no credibility on COVID, so hitched to Fauci, and he knows Fauci coming out to say the ad is inaccurate, inappropriate, and he wants it gone, will be heard by less and different people, so I think he will ignore Fauci here just as he has for so many months on COVID.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...19f?li=BBnb7Kz

"It's so clear that I'm not a political person," the nation's leading infectious disease expert told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead."

"And I have never -- either directly or indirectly -- endorsed a political candidate. And to take a completely out of context statement and put it in which is obviously a political campaign ad, I thought was really very disappointing."

Wife of Pennsylvania’s lieutenant governor called racist slurs at grocery store
                Fauci says Trump campaign should take down ad featuring him
                CNN logoFauci says Trump campaign should take down ad

Dr. Anthony Fauci said Monday that the Trump campaign should take down the political advertisement that he's featured in, calling his presence in the spot "really unfortunate and really disappointing."

Anthony S. Fauci wearing a suit and tie: WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 17: (L-R) U.S. President Donald Trump, joined by members of the Coronavirus Task Force, speaks as National Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci looks on during a press conference about the coronavirus outbreak in the press briefing room at the White House on March 17, 2020 in Washington, DC. The Trump administration is considering an $850 billion stimulus package to counter the economic fallout as the coronavirus spreads. (Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)© Drew Angerer/Getty Images WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 17: (L-R) U.S. President Donald Trump, joined by members of the Coronavirus Task Force, speaks as National Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci looks on during a press conference about the coronavirus outbreak in the press briefing room at the White House on March 17, 2020 in Washington, DC. The Trump administration is considering an $850 billion stimulus package to counter the economic fallout as the coronavirus spreads. (Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
                Fauci's latest comments come one day after he told CNN he did not consent to being featured in the Trump team's new advertisement and that his words were taken out of context.

"It's so clear that I'm not a political person," the nation's leading infectious disease expert told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead."

"And I have never -- either directly or indirectly -- endorsed a political candidate. And to take a completely out of context statement and put it in which is obviously a political campaign ad, I thought was really very disappointing."

The Trump campaign released the new ad last week after the President was discharged from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center following treatment for Covid-19. The 30-second ad, which is airing in Michigan, touts Trump's personal experience with the virus and uses a quote from Fauci in an attempt to make it appear as if he is praising Trump's response.

"President Trump is recovering from the coronavirus, and so is America," the ad's narrator says. "Together we rose to meet the challenge, protecting our seniors, getting them life-saving drugs in record time, sparing no expense."

The ad then flashes to an interview with Fauci in which he says, "I can't imagine that anybody could be doing more."

But Fauci told CNN in a statement Sunday that "the comments attributed to me without my permission in the GOP campaign ad were taken out of context from a broad statement I made months ago about the efforts of federal public health officials."

In response to Fauci saying the ad took his words out of context, Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said, "These are Dr. Fauci's own words. The video is from a nationally broadcast television interview in which Dr. Fauci was praising the work of the Trump Administration. The words spoken are accurate, and directly from Dr. Fauci's mouth."

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  yet another stupid, not funny joke.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I disagree

Comment

I assume you are using the "not" here as an 80's reference where someone says something and the other person bursts out NOT.

So it's a stupid (not!), and funny joke. Perfect! Good job umjewman.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        Wait, what do you mean. I assume "ass flag" is a flag with Trump on it. Am I off base?

Comment

• It amazes me how often Dopey uses material without permission, either the Fauci ad or copyrighted material such as songs, photos, what have you. Dopey claims he’s all about law and order but has no qualms about stealing or libel.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            It amazes me how often Dopey uses material without permission, either the Fauci ad or copyrighted material such as songs, photos, what have you. Dopey claims he’s all about law and order but has no qualms about stealing or libel.
                            Like most elected Republicans, laws and morality only apply to others.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I assume you are using the "not" here as an 80's reference where someone says something and the other person bursts out NOT.

So it's a stupid (not!), and funny joke. Perfect! Good job umjewman.
                              He's quoting my 8-year old based on a Facebook post I made about me making some dad joke and my kid asking why I always make that "stupid, not funny joke."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Wait, what do you mean. I assume "ass flag" is a flag with Trump on it. Am I off base?
                                Don't go to www.urbandictionary.com and look up assflag. Seriously, don't.

Edit: It's actually not as bad as other entries on that website. Pretty tame, actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X