Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Sadly, yes. It's hard to think of any one person singularly responsible for the awful racial history or even the Civil War. Eugene McCarthy was pretty bad, but didn't have the reach of a president. Robert McNamara screwed up a bunch of stuff in Vietnam, but he wasn't solely responsible for that, and again, his damage was limited in scope in a way that Trump's is not. Trump and his supporters have damaged our democratic institutions and practices to such a degree that many of them will probably not recover.
    I would not place McNamara in the same breath as the other two. McNamara did his job, he was just wrong in his assessment.

And I think you mean Joe McCarthy. Eugene wasn't a bad guy, lol.

Richard Nixon & George Wallace are probably up there, but Trump has done far, far worse damage than either of those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I would not place McNamara in the same breath as the other two. McNamara did his job, he was just wrong in his assessment.

And I think you mean Joe McCarthy. Eugene wasn't a bad guy, lol.

Richard Nixon & George Wallace are probably up there, but Trump has done far, far worse damage than either of those two.
      Yes, Joe McCarthy, thanks. I have no beef with either Eugene or Paul.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Yes, Joe McCarthy, thanks. I have no beef with either Eugene or Paul.
        I hate the Yankees as much as anyone, but is Joe McCarthy worthy of such scorn? 7-time World Series champion as a manager. Hall of Famer. 62% winning percentage all-time. Also managed the Cubs to the 1929 pennant.

Then again, you are an analytics guy who values OBP, so you would really be angry at his statement "You will never become a .300 hitter unless you take the bat off your shoulder." He did not value the walk like you do.

Comment

Native American genocide and slavery + segregation have to be pretty high on the list.
          They are also probably pretty high on the list of great achievements in history for Trump voters

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Does anyone think Trump may secretly want the GOP to lose the Senate in Georgia, because if he can't win, he doesn't want to see the GOP win without him? He doesn't seem to be too concerned that his backers are trying to stop Republicans from voting in the Georgia run off: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Hn2?li=BBnb7Kz

Attorneys Lin Wood and Sidney Powell told a crowd of Trump loyalists not to vote for either of the two Georgia incumbent Republican senators, Kelly Loeffler or David Perdue, during a "Stop the Steal" gathering in Atlanta.

The event, billed as a "press conference" but resembling the raucousness of a Trump rally, was filled with wild conspiracies and falsehoods about last month's election won by President-elect Joe Biden. Attention also turned to the two runoff elections that will decide control of the U.S. Senate.

"Where is Kelly Loeffler here? Where is David Perdue?" said Wood, who unsuccessfully sued Georgia seeking to stop the presidential election's certification. "He ought to be standing right here."

"Do not be fooled twice," he added. "This is Georgia. We ain't dumb. We're not going to vote on Jan. 5 on another machine made by China. You're not going to fool Georgians again. If Kelly Loeffler wants your vote, if David Perdue wants your vote, they've got to earn it."

But Wood said the Georgia senators must "demand publicly, repeatedly, consistently" for Republican Gov. Brian Kemp to call a special legislative session to address the 2020 presidential election.

"And if they do not do it, they have not earned your vote. Don't you give it to them. Why would you go back and vote in another rigged election? For God's sake, fix it. You've got to fix it before you do it again."
            Do you think he actually will show up in Georgia Saturday (i do - my wife doesn't) and what the hell is going to say there?

and will it help the GOP opponents of Warnock and Ossoff?

Comment

• Cousin Rudy's star voter fraud witness:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I thought it was interesting to look back at which states provided the margin for Joe Biden:

All states that he won with greater than 10% margin: 210 electoral votes
                +2 to 212, Maine 8.7% margin
                +4 to 216, New Hampshire 7.3% margin
                +10 to 226, Minnesota 7.1% margin
                +1 to 227, Nebraska 2nd CD 6.5% margin
                +16 to 243, Michigan 2.8% margin
                +6 to 249, Nevada 2.4% margin
                +20 to 269, Pennsylvania 1.2% margin
                +10 to 279, Wisconsin 0.6% margin
                +11 to 290, Arizona 0.3% margin
                +16 to 306, Georgia 0.3% margin
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Narrow misses for Biden:

-1.3% North Carolina
                  -3.3% Florida

and not so close, but within 10%

-5.5% Texas
                  -8.1% Ohio
                  -8.3% Iowa

Comment

• I hadn't really thought about it, but it does make sense.

Trump's post-election behavior makes a lot more sense when you see how lucrative it is - Trump raises $170 Million as He Denies His Loss and Eyes the Future
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      I hadn't really thought about it, but it does make sense.

Trump's post-election behavior makes a lot more sense when you see how lucrative it is - Trump raises $170 Million as He Denies His Loss and Eyes the Future
                      There’s a sucker born every minute!

Comment

• Kayleigh McEnany inadvertently admits that Joe Biden won the election.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Denied bitches.

Time to climb back under your rocks.

Most of you have anyhow.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I like Republican judges with integrity.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Millions of Democrats don't believe we had a fair election in 2016....but anyway, I'll let it go
                              Where 2020 really was stacked, but at least there was COVID for an excuse. With the Supreme Court refusing to hear the petition, the deed is done except for the ceremonies.

What to expect from a Biden administration? My guess is two more years of Trump while the states realign their districts. The Democrats have a good Senate map for 2022, but the House is in serious jeopardy. The possibility of blowback is significant.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden is your prize. Now we get to see what incompetent really looks like.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                Where 2020 really was stacked, but at least there was COVID for an excuse. With the Supreme Court refusing to hear the petition, the deed is done except for the ceremonies.

What to expect from a Biden administration? My guess is two more years of Trump while the states realign their districts. The Democrats have a good Senate map for 2022, but the House is in serious jeopardy. The possibility of blowback is significant.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden is your prize. Now we get to see what incompetent really looks like.

J
                                Such fresh takes J! Your political acumen is a wonder to behold.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X