Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Also Tulsi Gabbard, and Gabbard has more weight behind her as a former service member. It's too bad she's got no shot. She's climbed into nearly either/or status with Bernie for me.
    I agree but because of her ‘no shot’, I left her out. She has been my pick for about 4 years, but she made a huge mistake in jumping in during this cycle. She’s not ready. I am hopeful she doesn’t damage her brand too much and runs for Governor of Hawaii in 2022.
    She is facing an actual primary challenge now and the guy she is up against is pretty sharp. Getting back to the House is not guaranteed. Just a bad move all the way around on her part.
    Last edited by nots; 04-22-2019, 02:16 PM. Reason: Corrected date of next Hawaii governors election

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      Did Sen Warren propose a cut in our military budget to pay in part for her new programs?
      I have no idea.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• binge-watch lovers can hit CNN tonight.
        town halls with Klobuchar winding down in NH now (she might be Trump's toughest opponent, if she can survive the primaries).
        Warren comes on in 15 minutes, followed by Bernie (9 pm ET), Harris and then Mayor Pete

they each get an hour
        Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-22-2019, 07:37 PM.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Latest poll for the Dems. Iowa, and looks who's surging:

Code:
          Biden 19, Sanders 19, [U]Buttigieg 14[/U], Harris 6, Warren 6, O'Rourke 5, Booker 4, Klobuchar 4, Delaney 2, Castro 0, Gillibrand 1, Yang 1

Also, Rep. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts throws his hat into the squared circle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I laughed.

The only thing - the only thing - that could defeat this plan is if billionaires somehow found a way to move their money around to avoid paying this extra tax. Of course this is incredibly unlikely, so we're all set!
            It's almost like no one should ever propose taxing billionaires more, because it can't happen, they are too smart !!!! That's just how it is !!!!
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• hey, given the massive redistribution of wealth to the 1 pcters in the past 20+ years, I would be fine with a 10 percent tax on the wealthiest families in the country - philosophically. she's leaving way too much money on the table.

but unless you can tell me how you can force these families to pay it - and they should - then I will continue to laugh. and cry.

sounds like something out of an Ivy League Economics and Sociology class - huh.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

hey, given the massive redistribution of wealth to the 1 pcters in the past 20+ years, I would be fine with a 10 percent tax on the wealthiest families in the country - philosophically. she's leaving way too much money on the table.

but unless you can tell me how you can force these families to pay it - and they should - then I will continue to laugh. and cry.

sounds like something out of an Ivy League Economics and Sociology class - huh.
                it really wouldn't be a problem to make them pay if the government really wants them too. And I doubt most Billionaires are going to try to move all their assets around to avoid a 2% tax.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  it really wouldn't be a problem to make them pay if the government really wants them too. And I doubt most Billionaires are going to try to move all their assets around to avoid a 2% tax.
                  wow, this is news to me.

if you had been an economic advisor to President Obama during the time the Democrats controlled the Senate and House as well, you could have instructed him to lead this charge - and our national debt would now be considerably lower.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

wow, this is news to me.

if you had been an economic advisor to President Obama during the time the Democrats controlled the Senate and House as well, you could have instructed him to lead this charge - and our national debt would now be considerably lower.
                    If you think Obama and his pals wanted to tax the wealthy then I can't help you. If the people in power want to do it, they could easily make it happen. If you don't think the government has the ability to confiscate 2% of the wealth from the very rich, I don't know what to say.
                    Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 04-22-2019, 10:11 PM.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I know Buttigieg isn't a favorite in these parts, and there are legitimate criticisms of him, but I gotta say, I was very, very impressed by his preparedness and ability to think of his feet tonight. He has a quick and thoughtful answer for everything thrown at him. He would be an incredible contrast to Trump on stage. Night and day in terms of their ability to communicate and their messages.

Comment

• Also, Bernie's stance that prisoners currently still serving prison sentences should have the right to vote is not a winning stance for him, at all. The idea of restoring voter rights after someone serves his time is, I think, is a winning issue, and a position I agree with (Buttigieg's stance). But Sanders' more extreme stance lets people ask him really loaded questions about rapists, child molesters, and Boston Bombers, and he is left defending their right to vote from prison. It is not a big issue--certainly not one that should make anyone vote or not vote for Sanders imo--and yet it allows his opponents to paint him in a very negative light. I appreciate his honesty and his willingness to tell voters who he is and what he believes, even if that may lose him votes. But yeah, I think this one will haunt him.
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-22-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• I wasn't all that impressed by Harris. In contrast to Buttigieg and Sanders, she seems either not to have thought through many of her positions or has not yet done enough polling to decide what her positions should be to get the most votes (and in either case, it doesn't make her an attractive candidate).
                          Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-22-2019, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X