No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed Klobuchar and Warren tonight. Would love to get thoughts from folks on how they did tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      I laughed.

The only thing - the only thing - that could defeat this plan is if billionaires somehow found a way to move their money around to avoid paying this extra tax. Of course this is incredibly unlikely, so we're all set!
      Just declare a National Emergency and force the banks to let you know where the money is going. If it’s going overseas.....just throw some tariffs on their ass! What’s the problem?

Better yet, who needs to bother with this nonsense — just have the Treasury print money! After all, that was Dopey’s plan to fix the deficit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Also, Bernie's stance that prisoners currently still serving prison sentences should have the right to vote is not a winning stance for him, at all. The idea of restoring voter rights after someone serves his time is, I think, is a winning issue, and a position I agree with (Buttigieg's stance). But Sanders' more extreme stance lets people ask him really loaded questions about rapists, child molesters, and Boston Bombers, and he is left defending their right to vote from prison. It is not a big issue--certainly not one that should make anyone vote or not vote for Sanders imo--and yet it allows his opponents to paint him in a very negative light. I appreciate his honesty and his willingness to tell voters who he is and what he believes, even if that may lose him votes. But yeah, I think this one will haunt him.
        You bash Bernie for being Honest in his sentiment. Hope it won't haunt him, but still point out the fact his position might cost votes.

You and every other Clinton supporter still doesn't get it.

SHE lost because the DNC and CLINTON herself refused to be better than Trump

He's an Unethical POS and SHE used the system to fuck Sanders.

NONE of you were there on the front line as I was--I was a city elected caucus member, went to both the county and state caucuses for the democratic nominee.

The Clinton delegation was duplicitous and her supporters? nonplussed as long as they got what they wanted.

B Fly asked in a PM why we continued to attack--The Sanders supporters are waiting for the DNC and all centrists to APOLOGIZE for the shit that went down in 2016 or to accept his platform at the new center.

The GOP and every one in here who hasn't called for the impeachment, indictment or ousting of Trump (which is every conservative poster in this forum) is totally cool with Trump for two terms.

They might think he's an unethical shitheel, but not enough to call for him to be removed., NONE of you have (GOP conservative types)

And the Liberal front outside of Jessie have pretty much been apologists for Hillary, which makes you no better that those supporting Trump.

You stand for something or you stand for nothing. Hillary was Unethical, so is Trump--You we willing to take that shgit to get the SCOTUS Noms so don't bitch about the fact the GOP beat you to that unethical outcome.

BTW Jessie, I wasn't treated like garbage, I was ignored LIKE the far Left is being ignored.

I'm telling you now--Politics is not coming back to the middle anytime soon. No one and I mean NO ONE who is right of Sanders platforms is going to unseat Trump.

We live in an age of extremes. embrace it or wonder why you got runover by it.

Incremental advances were thrown out of the window with Trump and if you think it's going to change you're as naive as I was when I thought the DNC was fair.

I'll call it now--If the DNC doesn't go Left of Sanders--they will lose.

You can then spend the next 4 years here debating why things should have gone your way but didn't

Signed, a guy who was there and knows that NO Sanders supporter is going to get behind ANYONE right of Bernie.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Same old bs, it's like you never left!
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Who is left of Sanders? Warren? That guy who is all about environment, Inslee? Gith, just dont agree with you. I am on board with any of the D announced candidates, looks like a good field, quality people, every one is vastly better than trump, as is the average homeless person, lifetime incarcerated person, or otherwise substantially flawed person who still would have more redeeming qualities.

It took an impressive confluence of events to elect trump, assist from fbi comey announcement days before election disparaging hrc. this in concert with the widespread russia operation that still, still, on this board is called a minor piddly nothingburger despite this being proven out as a mass 1 sided war that u.s. simply allowed and allows to shape opinion of literally millions of people incrementally month after month, year after year. hrc won pop vote by 3 mill but lost in key states, terribly stupidly ignored campaigning in swing states 60k votes decided.

we know so much more today than we did the day trump was elected. nothing we know now helps trump. the year after year quip of, well then dont be surprised when trump is re-elected, requires an amnesia of past years as if this is again that cursed night where america lost its way and elected something so unlike every president before him. someone entirely unequipped for higher thinking who has never read a full report or book. Basic for a leader is to be well informed, trustworthy, level headed, cares about his people even if they are from Puerto Rico for instance, his list of traits is everything you would not want in a president. we have a wide field of D candidates and I look forward to process but to still live in the head space of you, personally, needing some specific apology in just a particular way, it is odd and counter productive to what is needed.

Comment

I laughed.

The only thing - the only thing - that could defeat this plan is if billionaires somehow found a way to move their money around to avoid paying this extra tax. Of course this is incredibly unlikely, so we're all set!
              Lol. It’s hard to believe a major Presidential candidate thinks this is viable. Which, I am sure she knows, it isn’t. I believe she is just trying to stay relevant as her campaign drifts aimlessly.

Comment

• I'm still happy with any and all of the announced Democrats. And I don't remotely think there's only one candidate who can beat Trump, and think it can be achieved either by picking up independents in the center and/or driving up turnout on the left. For better or worse, elections are about personality, messaging, coalition building and GOTV efforts, both at a macro level and at the micro level of a strong "ground game" leading into and through Election Day.

Comment

• "It took an impressive confluence of events to elect trump, assist from fbi comey announcement days before election disparaging hrc. this in concert with the widespread russia operation that still, still, on this board is called a minor piddly nothingburger despite this being proven out as a mass 1 sided war that u.s. simply allowed and allows to shape opinion of literally millions of people incrementally month after month, year after year."

wow. a coping mechanism can be a powerful, powerful thing - one I now fear you will never escape in your lifetime
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Latest poll for the Dems. Iowa, and looks who's surging:

Code:
                    Biden 19, Sanders 19, [U]Buttigieg 14[/U], Harris 6, Warren 6, O'Rourke 5, Booker 4, Klobuchar 4, Delaney 2, Castro 0, Gillibrand 1, Yang 1

Also, Rep. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts throws his hat into the squared circle.
                    Yes, Buttigieg is surging, certainly to the dismay of Harris, Warren, O'Rourke, Booker and Klobuchar. Ultimately, however, the Iowa and New Hampshire polls are both looking good for Sanders, right now. Iowa doesn't usually boost progressives, but he's tied with Biden there, and he surged way ahead in the latest polling of New Hampshire, at 30 to Biden's 18 and Buttigieg's 14.

Comment

"It took an impressive confluence of events to elect trump, assist from fbi comey announcement days before election disparaging hrc. this in concert with the widespread russia operation that still, still, on this board is called a minor piddly nothingburger despite this being proven out as a mass 1 sided war that u.s. simply allowed and allows to shape opinion of literally millions of people incrementally month after month, year after year."

wow. a coping mechanism can be a powerful, powerful thing - one I now fear you will never escape in your lifetime
                      This is an obnoxiously phrased sentiment, JJ. And practically, gstomp is absolutely correct that all of those things he listed contributed to Clinton's loss. It's got nothing to do with "coping". Strategically, it's important to understand all of the factors.

Comment

• it's been 3 years. if we haven't found the person by now who changed their voting pattern based on a little-seen Facebook ad in the Rust Belt by now (or on some comment by Comey), I suspect we never will - and we need tens of thousands in a handful of states, so we have a lot of ground to make up.

look, it's not easy for us to live in a country that supported and continued to support this guy. but it is what it is, and blaming some mystical force is not going to help. the Russians are incredibly unscrupulous and obviously have succeeded in producing political discord - that much they did achieve.

fwiw

MonmouthPoll
                        ‏ @MonmouthPoll
                        42m42 minutes ago

NATIONAL POLL: Dems’ early #2020 preference:

27% @JoeBiden (28% in March)
                        20% @BernieSanders (25%)
                        8% @PeteButtigieg (<1%)
                        8% @KamalaHarris (10%)
                        6% @EWarren (8%)
                        4% @BetoORourke (6%)
                        2% @CoryBooker (5%)
                        2% @Hickenlooper (1%)
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• "wow. a coping mechanism can be a powerful, powerful thing - one I now fear you will never escape in your lifetime"

jude, you cannot process the truth of what happened, calling it a mystical force. the election was unique, and had factors as i laid out. you cut/paste out the rest of my statement regarding hrc not visiting key states but ok, cut/paste as you like.

that you dont accept it, indeed need to lash out against those who point out this is what happened as a coping mechanism, and you placed yourself as some kind of authority passing down a lifetime sentence. i get that you think there was no great operation by russians, but I am absolutely sure you have the problem. how can someone not get there were factors as outlined by the just released mueller report, and by the fbi scandal a few days before election, in addition to hrc not visiting key states. to deny is a powerful coping mechanism i fear you will live with a lifetime, is something I would say if I was a true jackass looking for an argument not based in facts. your input is flat out not appreciated, and blind to facts that makes me wish you would get help if you were anyone i remotely gave a damn. can i make it any more clear to you how i think you are wrong, stubbornly wrong, simple, and blind?

Comment

• Little -seen fb ad? what are you babbling about? the operation was literally warehouses of people working troll farms with millions of imprints per day. there were entire pro bernie/ anti hrc sites were more than 1/2 the traffic was bot responses. thousands of fb user ids have been suspended with russian origins that were working night and day focused exclusively on changing sentiment to get trump elected, with who knows how many more thousands of full time users still active who are still pumping out responses to shape a narrative.

you dont want to immerse yourself with a little reading as to scope of the literally millions of exposures that filled the internet from a mass one sided operation, great. flat earth it all you like. you cannot be more wrong, but you make up for it for how active you are in your always present responses. flat earther.

Comment

• just an observation - one thing I've learned from having two 21-year-olds living with us the past year - the impact social media has on youth today can't be overstated. People in their 20's quite literally have no concept of mass media - they get ALL their news from their feeds, whether it's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, whatever. All of it. They have no idea what MSM is - I bet they wouldn't be able to name three major tv networks. So to suggest that a fb ad is little seen, that may be true for our generation, but it's everything to anyone under 30.

It's worthy of another thread but I really have come to realize how differently they think ... working in IT I used to think I'm kind of literate with trends like what's going on in social media, but I really have become aware just what a different world they live in.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• one facet was the facebook exposure as in people reached, has been established over a year ago at 150 million people, but estimated to be much higher now, operation has never stopped. here is 1 link where you can track if you accidentally liked/followed on fb an exposed russian troll page https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/22/ch...s-on-facebook/ and of course people would not know they have been engaging for weeks/months on active pro putin groups, they have names like "Being Patriotic", "Heart of Texas" "Secured Borders".

Comment

Working...
                                X