Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    This has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. And kudos to Bernie for staying the course and fighting the good fight.

That is pretty hilarious.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      TW ain't gonna like those numbers.
      B-Fly has this right, it's partway into the top of the first inning of a long ballgame. Biden has strengths in media support, political endorsements, and Obama nostalgia... Bernie has strengths in his grassroots activist base, media revolt (people see the attacks on him and are driven to him, like with Trump), and his track record on every single issue being better than Biden, (which some of the media is currently fighting by arguing "policy doesn't matter, beating Trump is what matters...Biden2020")... so they both have advantages. Acting like a polling lead - at the point in this cycle BEFORE Trump announced his candidacy in 2015 - means anything, is insane. Even to believe that Harris, Warren, Beto, and Buttigieg are all way behind Biden, is insane. I think Harris could still swoop in and collect Biden voters once Biden starts punching himself in the face publicly. I also think Beto is doing a better effort to make specific policy pledges, even though they're watered down, it's better than Biden or Buttigieg. Or even Tulsi Gabbard getting the Joe Rogan endorsement, and appealing to the Libertarians normally voting right wing, she could still break through if the media doesn't continue to smear and mis-represent her.

Sour Masher is also right in thinking that the evidence from the polls is that the entire Democratic base has shifted far to the left. Priorities are now #1 Med4All, #2 Free College #3 Green New Deal. Let's see how Biden's talk about introducing a public option plays... or reducing the interest rates on student loans (presently $1.3 Tn and climbing)... or introducing carbon tax credits and re-entering the Paris Climate Accord... all watered down, non-substantive policies that people will be disappointed by. I get B-Fly's point about the difference in personality/celebrity between him and Klobuchar, but she's already shown that her policies didn't excite anybody. So Biden is attempting to run on feelgood nostalgia and some vague sense of entitlement... uncanny how much he resembles Hillary.

Finally, Judge Jude said a few weeks ago "none of it really matters except for the midwest". Well, polling has shown Bernie beating Trump by 10 or so points in all 4 key midwest swing states. It's his economic populism, ACTUAL union support (Bernie's campaign is the first in history to ratify a union agreement for his campaign staff), and his voting record! Bernie voted against NAFTA, Biden voted for it (same as Hillary)... a major reason Hillary lost the midwest, and Biden would too, is their selling out workers. Biden enacted a rule that allowed unions in PA to cut their pension obligations to workers, so the workers at the kickoff rally had their 401K reduced by 30%... because of Biden! Biden crafted the rules making it harder for people to declare bankruptcy as a payoff to the Delaware banking industry donors. In all of these polls, it shows 50-75% of people saying that they're largely unfamiliar with Biden's track record. I love the deeper dive into these polls that reveals a massive amount of unsure voters, whose priorities align largely with Bernie and not with Biden. Am I deluding myself into thinking these polls reveal a rosier picture for Bernie than reality? It's possible. I absorb an insane amount of far-left media, so I could be in my own bubble. But there's more millenials voters now than baby boomers, and Biden has already told millenials "Let me be clear, I do not empathize with you. Give me a break." I don't know why anybody would support such a highly flawed candidate unless the media spoonfed them a narrative that he's the only option to defeat Trump, but millenials don't get their news from MSM, they get it online. Avg CNN/Fox News viewer is like 68 years old, so only the elderly feeble-minded might stick with Biden, but I see MSM turning on Biden after he starts to slip. They're already mocking him on the late night shows and oh man... Adam Sandler's return to SNL this weekend was amazing... Opera Man in the news singing about Biden had me howling!

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        That is pretty hilarious.
        It is incredibly impressive how consistent he has been, in his message, and his appearance. I'm dumbfounded that he is just four years older than I am now in that footage.

ETA: I don't think I want Bernie teaching my kids about stuff .
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-09-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Avg CNN/Fox News viewer is like 68 years old, so only the elderly feeble-minded might stick with Biden,
          Just so I have this straight, so the average 68 YO is elderly and feeble minded, but Bernie, who'll be 78 years old by the time the campaign starts in earnest is strong and vital enough to run the country? Glad we've got that cleared up.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Just so I have this straight, so the average 68 YO is elderly and feeble minded, but Bernie, who'll be 78 years old by the time the campaign starts in earnest is strong and vital enough to run the country? Glad we've got that cleared up.
            I apologize for the old people insult. I think most voters, not just old folks, are pretty low information types, and I believe Trump's presidency is proof of that. I was speaking more about the type of nonsense mainstream media focuses on and the voters who base their opinions on MSM.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I laughed at the Bernie clip, even cut and spliced to show Bernie worse than he is. I doubt this desperate narrative that he's a loony lefty sticks.

I'm pretty sure that talking to your kids about hard drugs was the norm in the late 80's. I remember in the "just say no" era, thinking that I was going to enter high school and there would be a group of bullies pressuring me to do drugs. The idea of the time was to talk to kids openly about hard drugs so they develop an early negative association. I dunno how much it worked, but it's hardly a major gaffe.

Comment

• Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Aw, now I see where I got it... Joey needs to know how much better that pizza would taste with weed in the mix, lol.

Comment

• Honestly TW, no idea what you’re getting at here. Of course Just Say No was a major thing in the mid to late 1980s— it was Nancy Reagan’s huge policy push. No need to post 5 videos to prove it. But what’s funny about the segment isn’t that he brings it up, it’s that he brings it up to 5-8 year olds. Whatever, it’s lost on you. Carry on.

Comment

• love how old anti-drug videos are more interesting than the Democratic hopefuls.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Honestly TW, no idea what you’re getting at here. Of course Just Say No was a major thing in the mid to late 1980s— it was Nancy Reagan’s huge policy push. No need to post 5 videos to prove it. But what’s funny about the segment isn’t that he brings it up, it’s that he brings it up to 5-8 year olds. Whatever, it’s lost on you. Carry on.
                          So you do get the point. Telling kids to not do drugs was super common in the late 80's. Hell, in Robocop 2, the lead drug dealer is like 10 years old. This type of thing was everywhere in that era. Kids 5-8 years old were the target audience. I was born in '82, so that's right in my wheelhouse.

The fact that Biden is a scumbag seems lost on you, but keep posting your bullshit polls without responding to all of the critical issues he will face.

Comment

• Here's Bernie explaining all of his advantages over Biden. He makes a strong case.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                              One thing I will give Trump. I think there are a lot more transferrable skills from a international businessman to president than mid-sized mayor to president.
                              I strongly disagree with this. I think local government executive experience is far more relevant and transferable to the presidency than any private-sector profit-making endeavor, not just by a small margin, but by an immense margin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                So you do get the point. Telling kids to not do drugs was super common in the late 80's. Hell, in Robocop 2, the lead drug dealer is like 10 years old. This type of thing was everywhere in that era. Kids 5-8 years old were the target audience. I was born in '82, so that's right in my wheelhouse.

The fact that Biden is a scumbag seems lost on you, but keep posting your bullshit polls without responding to all of the critical issues he will face.
                                Here's one thing you continue to avoid -- he garnered 43% of the Dem vote in the 2016 primaries. He's now polling in these "bullshit" polls at almost 2/3rds less than that. What's going on? Why has he lost so much momentum among Democrats? His story and issues haven't changed a bit. Where have his voters gone? Maybe Dem voters are so turned off by the 2016 election that they are throwing out anyone associated with it. Maybe his story is old and tiresome. Maybe Dem voters already know it didn't work in '16, that he came up short and they don't want to back another losing horse. Maybe Dem voters know the issues are not as important with a retaliatory GOP Senate unwilling to pass any Dem-backed legislation anyway.

Biden clearly isn't the freshest face on the block, but until further notice, he's the best shot at ousting the madman in the Oval Office. And right now, despite all your angry bluster, these bullshit polls show HE, and NOT Bernie, are not just competing with but BEATING Trump in critical battleground states.

Comment

Working...
                                X