Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    Really? Source? I don't think I have ever heard that before!
    Source? Do I have to do all the heavy lifting around here?
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      Source? Do I have to do all the heavy lifting around here?
      Yes, there are two of you and you can lift rocks. (citation needed)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        When people decide what to believe based on what they already believe, we have no hope of coming to a place of mutual understanding.
        Do you think I'm the only one that could be guilty of this?
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          It always comes down to my favourite CBB quote: "I don't need to defend the things I post."
          I dont remember that. Was it in response to you being a jerk?
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            Do you think I'm the only one that could be guilty of this?
            Nope. I'd say most people are guilty of this--some more often than others, but almost everyone on occasion. Of course, I think I'm in the right when I rely on what I consider credible, vetted, peer reviewed sources, and I think it is wacky to rely on the hunches and gut feelings of those without knowledge in a field of study, but I also concede that sometimes hunches are right by sheer chance and experts, even peer-reviewed ones, are sometimes wrong, even if they try to be careful.

Comment

• Latest Quinnipiac poll has Biden up by ELEVEN nationally, 50-39. That’s the biggest lead by Biden in any national poll since he became the presumptive nominee. For an incumbent to be behind by this much with just 5 months left to go, well, not sure I want to jink it.

Comment

• um OK

https://news.yahoo.com/jo-rae-perkin...l&uh_test=2_15

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  This must be how citizens felt as Rome fell. Truly, when people choose dangerous fantasies over reality to live in and affect each others lives based on that imaginary beliefs, we are doomed.

At least there is no danger of her winning.
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-21-2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    Republicans find some strange Senate candidates from time to time:
                    Christine O’Domnell (De) claimed she was a witch.
                    Sharon Angle (NV) despised by nearly everyone on both sides of the aisle in Nevada politics.
                    Todd Akin (Mo) Mr. Legitimate rape.
                    I’m sure I have forgotten some, but this women joins quite the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                      Republicans find some strange Senate candidates from time to time:
                      Christine O’Domnell (De) claimed she was a witch.
                      Sharon Angle (NV) despised by nearly everyone on both sides of the aisle in Nevada politics.
                      Todd Akin (Mo) Mr. Legitimate rape.
                      I’m sure I have forgotten some, but this women joins quite the list.
                      Ted Cruz?
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The progressive left is in despair. I would be, but I'm kind of over it given that I already enjoy most of the things your country declares impossible. I mean, we just banned 1500 styles of assault rifles. It's a pretty good time up here to be honest. However, you guys are super fucked, whichever mentally unstable sexual predator wins. Maybe Biden loses and AOC runs in '24, but it's a lotta pain coming whatever happens now.

This is a devastatingly harsh analysis of the current state of the political left. I'm sure most here would find it enjoyable, if you're into shitting on progressives. At one point, the right winger compares the level of irrelevance between Libertarians on the right and Progressives on the left. Makes me wanna puke, haha.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Latest Quinnipiac poll has Biden up by ELEVEN nationally, 50-39. That’s the biggest lead by Biden in any national poll since he became the presumptive nominee. For an incumbent to be behind by this much with just 5 months left to go, well, not sure I want to jink it.
                          How do you guys think voting will go in November? With the right wing holding 'end the lockdown' rallies, and Trump voters fanaticism, do you really think enough Biden voters will be willing to go and vote and risk getting the virus during the peak of the Covid 2nd wave? He's done much worse at uniting Bernie voters than Hillary did, so the under 45 vote which Biden lost entirely to Sanders will be out building communes and/or not see any difference between them, or actively despise the compulsive lying, grab-em-by-the-pussy senile prick wearing a D and stay home. I think your optimism is highly misplaced. I'm almost tempted to do a further avatar bet, I'm so convinced he'll lose.

These polls are the same numbers HRC had going into the home stretch in '16, and Biden is a disaster in comparison. I don't think its gonna be pretty.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Ted Cruz?
                            Different animal but it’s hard for me to quantify exactly why. He’s arrogant and deeply unlikeable by most folks, but he’s smart enough to know he’s not a witch or condone legitimate rapes. Cruz can make an intelligent argument even if you don’t agree with it. Sharon Angle can’t.
                            Poor job explaining by me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

These polls are the same numbers HRC had going into the home stretch in '16, and Biden is a disaster in comparison. I don't think its gonna be pretty.
                              FWIW, Clinton was actually +18 in May, 2016 Quinnipiac poll as you can see here (it’s the first poll listed):

As you see, it did tighten fairly quickly shortly after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                                Different animal but it’s hard for me to quantify exactly why. He’s arrogant and deeply unlikeable by most folks, but he’s smart enough to know he’s not a witch or condone legitimate rapes. Cruz can make an intelligent argument even if you don’t agree with it. Sharon Angle can’t.
                                Poor job explaining by me.
                                I was being felicitous, trying to draw out 1jay but I appreciate the sincere response!
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X