Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    What ??
    You don't think Sanders' biggest defining issue is Med4All? You don't think that is the primary thing he will put his energy into if elected? It is a mammoth fight, so I assume it would be.

Of course, any president does more than one thing. Trump largely ran on how scary and evil immigrants were and building a wall, but he has done lots more. But that was his main campaign issue. Yang's main issue is automation. I did not think it was a contestable statement to say that Sanders' most central issue is Med4All.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      You don't think Sanders' biggest defining issue is Med4All?
      I don't think he is anywhere near a single issue candidate. M4All has become one of the more discussed policies he promotes, but his overall theme for years has been economic justice. He has supported a green new deal as well. He is quite a bit different on military/foreign policy. I wouldn't argue that Med4all is right now the biggest focus, but it's just wrong to say that he is running on that single issue
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't think he is anywhere near a single issue candidate. M4All has become one of the more discussed policies he promotes, but his overall theme for years has been economic justice. He has supported a green new deal as well. He is quite a bit different on military/foreign policy. I wouldn't argue that Med4all is right now the biggest focus, but it's just wrong to say that he is running on that single issue
        I didn't say he was running on a single issue, but Med4All, I'd say, is a huge central issue for him, and the thing he is leaning most heavily on this election. It is what differentiates him from Warren and others. His hardline anti-interventionism is also a distinct from Warren, but I don't see that as a big issue for most voters right now.

As I added above, every president would do more than one thing, but Med4All is what most people think of when they think of Sanders. I think it would be fair to say that is Sanders gets the voters over the field, it will be because they want Med4All.
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-07-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I didn't say he was running on a single issue, but Med4All, I'd say, is a huge central issue for him, and the thing he is leaning most heavily on this election. It is what differentiates him from Warren and others. His hardline anti-interventionism is also a distinct from Warren, but not from Gabbard.

As I added above, every president would do more than one thing, but Med4All what most people think of when they think of Sanders.
          I disagree

Ha, ha. Anyway, not worth arguing about, but I thought his central theme for his entire career has been more economic. Healthcare is more of an issue now, but it's not even featured prominently on his website, but his 21st Century Economic Bill of Rights is.
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I didn't say he was running on a single issue, but Med4All, I'd say, is a huge central issue for him, and the thing he is leaning most heavily on this election. It is what differentiates him from Warren and others. His hardline anti-interventionism is also a distinct from Warren, but I don't see that as a big issue for most voters right now.

As I added above, every president would do more than one thing, but Med4All is what most people think of when they think of Sanders. I think it would be fair to say that is Sanders gets the voters over the field, it will be because they want Med4All.
            Idiocy and corruption is what most people think of when they think of Trump, but that doesn't mean it is the issue he is running on.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Idiocy and corruption is what most people think of when they think of Trump, but that doesn't mean it is the issue he is running on.
              He ran on how scary brown people are and how we need to build a wall to keep them out.

If it helps, I think some current candidates are no issue candidates, so Sanders is ahead of the game.

Comment

He ran on how scary brown people are and how we need to build a wall to keep them out.

If it helps, I think some current candidates are no issue candidates, so Sanders is ahead of the game.
                Honestly doesn't matter. And you could be right in that is the issue that most people think of with Sanders. But for people who actually pay attention there is a whole lot more to his message. His economic message isn't much talked about I suppose, but I don't think it is for his lack of effort. That says more about our media and voters than it does him.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

WTF is Mayor Pete about ? Unity ? Himself ? Lol. What an empty, empty candidate.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

WTF is Mayor Pete about ? Unity ? Himself ? Lol. What an empty, empty candidate.
                    I think he is primarily about projecting an image that contrasts with Trump. His main focus seems to be electabilty, and I appreciate that in itself is not enough long term. It is working for him now though.

Comment

I think he is primarily about projecting an image that contrasts with Trump. His main focus seems to be electabilty, and I appreciate that in itself is not enough long term. It is working for him now though.
                      Basically nothing. I mean, who doesn't contrast with Trump ? Who doesn't want unity and cooperation ? It reflects poorly on the Democratic party that he is so popular.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• expect to see a lot more Bloomberg ads. Damn !

Money spent on ads so far:

Steyer: $47M
                        Bloomberg: $39M (in two weeks!!!))
                        All other Democrats combined: $15M
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

expect to see a lot more Bloomberg ads. Damn !

Money spent on ads so far:

Steyer: $47M
                          Bloomberg: $39M (in two weeks!!!))
                          All other Democrats combined: $15M
                          I can’t figure out his angle. He can’t possibly think he is going to be the nominee and his vote share will likely come from Biden folks. For someone who disdains Warren and Sanders, I can’t see how he isn’t helping them.
                          Maybe I’m missing something......

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                            I can’t figure out his angle. He can’t possibly think he is going to be the nominee and his vote share will likely come from Biden folks. For someone who disdains Warren and Sanders, I can’t see how he isn’t helping them.
                            Maybe I’m missing something......
                            TW has made the same point. I can only assume he sees Biden as vulnerable and does think he can make a push to replace him as the moderate candidate. It certainly doesn't help him that he is missing out on the first 4 states. He has an uphill climb, even with all the spending.

Comment

• Please No:
                              A new poll of registered Democrats has Hillary Clinton as their top choice for the 2020 Democratic Party presidential nomination — and she’s not even running. The online Harris Poll surve…

Comment

• We finally agree on something. Please no!!

Comment

Working...
                                X