Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Believe me, I want to. I have done so since the election, mostly. But this video was posted today and has nearly 2.5 million views already, and tons of comments showing that my assumption/hope that Trump was whining alone in the woods and everyone else was just humoring him as he did so was false. His base is buying these consistent claims of corruption and fraud. His strategy of repeating a lie again and again is doing what he wants it to do. I have assumed that all this foot stomping and pouting would amount to absolutely nothing in the end. But it continues and I am seeing evidence that it could boil over. Maybe not widespread to where it will affect you directly. But I fear at least one person, maybe some civil servant doing a thankless job in one of these states, will be murdered in Trump's name. I know that person would be just one of the thousands of deaths Trump is responsible for, but just as I cannot help be furious at those that have enabled his other murders, it sickens me to see what may be coming and to think of that election official in Georgia or Arizona or Wisconsin that I can envision dying because Trump won't admit to his followers that he lose in a fair election. I hope I am wrong, but he is doing everything in his power to prove me right.
    It's certainly possible, and maybe likely, that some wacko trump supporter will commit murder or some act of terrorism. I don't think we need to worry about a revolution.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      It's certainly possible, and maybe likely, that some wacko trump supporter will commit murder or some act of terrorism. I don't think we need to worry about a revolution.
      I don't think I ever suggested we needed to. But it is still disturbing that millions of Americans believe there is just cause for one, even if not enough of them have the courage of their convictions. You get enough of them drunk on retribution here and there and some innocent people are going to die.

Comment

I tried really hard to stop spending any effort on responding to the clear and present danger Trump has posed and continues to pose to our democracy
        So is pardoning all his family and friends just a back up plan ? Or does he maybe know the game is up ? Or do he and his supporters pose a real threat to our democracy ?

EDIT: I should probably just let you worry about the coming revolution, because I probably look like a jerk. But I'm trying to re-assure you that you don't need to go buy guns and ammo, because we are not having a civil war. I'll leave it at that.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't think I ever suggested we needed to. But it is still disturbing that millions of Americans believe there is just cause for one, even if not enough of them have the courage of their convictions. You get enough of them drunk on retribution here and there and some innocent people are going to die.
          I tried really hard to stop spending any effort on responding to the clear and present danger Trump has posed and continues to pose to our democracy once he lost, because these are just the death knells of a tyrant, but this speech is just so inflammatory, and the thousands of responses to this video show just how much many believe everything he is saying and are enraged by it--many are calling for war....
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So is pardoning all his family and friends just a back up plan ? Or does he maybe know the game is up ? Or do he and his supporters pose a real threat to our democracy ?

EDIT: I should probably just let you worry about the coming revolution, because I probably look like a jerk. But I'm trying to re-assure you that you don't need to go buy guns and ammo, because we are not having a civil war. I'll leave it at that.
            You keep trying to make a straw man here. I don't fear a revolution. I don't fear for my safety. I don't own a gun and will not get one. But I lament that many millions don't believe our country had a fair election. I lament what that means for our democracy, because I do feel like it is being damaged by Trump in ways that may take decades to repair, if ever. And I lament that loss of life that it may lead. I lament that even after he has been voted out, he retains that power to harm.

Comment

You keep trying to make a straw man here. I don't fear a revolution. I don't fear for my safety. I don't own a gun and will not get one. But I lament that many millions don't believe our country had a fair election. I lament what that means for our democracy, because I do feel like it is being damaged by Trump in ways that may take decades to repair, if ever. And I lament that loss of life that it may lead. I lament that even after he has been voted out, he retains that power to harm.
              Millions of Democrats don't believe we had a fair election in 2016....but anyway, I'll let it go
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I tried really hard to stop spending any effort on responding to the clear and present danger Trump has posed and continues to pose to our democracy once he lost, because these are just the death knells of a tyrant, but this speech is just so inflammatory, and the thousands of responses to this video show just how much many believe everything he is saying and are enraged by it--many are calling for war....
                Many are calling for a war--just read social media comments to see them do it. But I did not claim there would be one. And if you disagree that Trump is harming our democracy, I don't know what I can say to convince you he is. I think our shared faith in our system of government has been harmed by Trump, both internally and abroad. I think there will be officials and judges he leaves behind that will continue to undermine the function of our government for decades to come. I think our democracy is weaker after him than it was before him, and it may stay weaker for a long time.

Comment

Millions of Democrats don't believe we had a fair election in 2016....but anyway, I'll let it go
                  And before Trump, when was the last time a significant portion of the population did not trust the results of a presidential election? Referring to 2016 is just proving my point. Trump has degraded our national politics since he started his campaign to delegitimize Obama's presidency.

Comment

Many are calling for a war--just read social media comments to see them do it. But I did not claim there would be one. And if you disagree that Trump is harming our democracy, I don't know what I can say to convince you he is. I think our shared faith in our system of government has been harmed by Trump, both internally and abroad. I think there will be officials and judges he leaves behind that will continue to undermine the function of our government for decades to come. I think our democracy is weaker after him than it was before him, and it may stay weaker for a long time.
                    I am not going to bother reading social media to see if people are calling for war. I trust that it is true
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And before Trump, when was the last time a significant portion of the population did not trust the results of a presidential election? Referring to 2016 is just proving my point. Trump has degraded our national politics since he started his campaign to delegitimize Obama's presidency.
                      i don't think it is proving your point. What exactly is your point ?
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I am not going to bother reading social media to see if people are calling for war. I trust that it is true
                        Again, I am sincerely happy that you live in an area where you don't feel that craziness around you. I live in a neighborhood with big Trump banners still flying proud and where folks will let you know how sick it makes them that this election was stolen, and hope something is done to save our democracy by getting Trump back in office.

Comment

i don't think it is proving your point. What exactly is your point ?
                          I am obviously unable to communicate it, so I'll go back to not posting in any Trump threads going forward, as I intended to do after Biden was declared president-elect.

Comment

• What’s crazy is that Georgia has to go through this AGAIN in a month. I’d guess Raffensberger & the others are just thrilled about that.

I’ll just say it again, like I have many times. Donald Trump is one of the Top 5 worst things to have ever happened to this country.

Comment

Again, I am sincerely happy that you live in an area where you don't feel that craziness around you. I live in a neighborhood with big Trump banners still flying proud and where folks will let you know how sick it makes them that this election was stolen, and hope something is done to save our democracy by getting Trump back in office.
                              And my condolences that you have to deal with that. I am just trying to tamp down the fear and worry....it's all gonna be ok. Hang in there !!

Edit - i should be more understanding of people's concerns and anxiety about Trump and the transition. So my apologies to you and GC from earlier posts. I wish you didn't have to worry about it, I think we are going to be alright.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                What’s crazy is that Georgia has to go through this AGAIN in a month. I’d guess Raffensberger & the others are just thrilled about that.

I’ll just say it again, like I have many times. Donald Trump is one of the Too 5 worst things to have ever happened to this country.
                                I won't ask what the other 4 are....
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X