Page 164 of 318 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3172

Thread: Election 2020

Journeyman
    Most bizarre part of the whole thing is Biden is essentially saying, ‘ look at how I can work with other Democrats on legislation ‘. Isn’t that sort of a given? Did he forget Eastland was a Democrat? Bizarre way to accentuate your moderate bonafides.

Here's the thing about Biden.

he's a perfectly fine candidate with normal flaws that aren't game changers--he's electable.

But that's it.

If Bernie and others on the left get a fair shot at the nomination with no interference from the DNC or anyone/anything else, progressives will vote for him. If there's even a suggestion, a hint, a crumb that the fix is in or, slides being greased or any of that, Biden or any "chosen" centrist will have a hard time gaining anything over what HRC had in 2016. Trump is hated on the far left, but just as reviled is the system which denies true choice and their voice in the process.

Biden might attract someone borderline independents, republicans and libertarians, and that may offset the loss of the progressives but it's really not up to him--it's up to the powers that be and how they behave during the next year or so.

I'm still a Bernie guy, but like I've said right now my 4 horsemen are Sanders, Warren, Gabbard and Mayor Pete with a little love for Yang. I hope they get an actual shot at the nomination free from Russian (I mean DNC) interference.

Let's hope they chose this path, It'll be interesting the path trump takes as I believe his strategy is wholly dependent on who gets the nod from the Left.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Joe Biden's courtship of James Eastland has been revealed through a series of letters between the two. Turns out they worked together on Biden's racist anti-busing legislation. Published the same day that Morning Joe and The View, and all of those shallow news hosts defended Biden and said others should apologize for questioning uncle Joe.

Hey, In The Corn! Do Joe Biden's views on segregation resonate with you like his views on abortion? DMT? Am I being unfair and taking things out of context again with my irrational hatred based on my love of Bernie?

https://nypost.com/2019/06/21/joe-bi...ator-revealed/
    John Lewis, who's done more for Civil Rights in this country than all but a few, isn't offended, but I should be because you are? Again, Biden is not my preferred candidate, but yes acting like letters written 42 years ago to a fellow Senator is somehow a deal-breaker again reveals your irrationality when it comes to Biden.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I think what this episode underscores is my aversion to age 70+ candidates of any party.

the world has changed so much, and there are important new issues, and I don't think electing old-timers is the best idea.

for millennials and now Gen Y or Z or whatever they are, forced busing and segregation - and even Democratic politicians being the most racist - suggests an era that seems like 100 years ago.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    horrendous final week dropped me from a shot at 3rd to 6th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

2020 candidates (keep up to 11)
    SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Cueto 1, Marquez 10, Eflin 10
    RP Stanek 8
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 1O Belt 10, 1O Beaty 10, SS BCrawford 9
    OF CDickerson 17, O1 Cooper 10, Dyson 8

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    I think what this episode underscores is my aversion to age 70+ candidates of any party.

the world has changed so much, and there are important new issues, and I don't think electing old-timers is the best idea.

for millennials and now Gen Y or Z or whatever they are, forced busing and segregation - and even Democratic politicians being the most racist - suggests an era that seems like 100 years ago.
    But that's ageism. Lumping Sanders and Warren in with Biden simply because of their age is absurd IMO.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    But that's ageism. Lumping Sanders and Warren in with Biden simply because of their age is absurd IMO.
    Fortunately donald trump will be 74 in the next election and many republicans will hesitate to vote for such an old guy

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Fortunately donald trump will be 74 in the next election and many republicans will hesitate to vote for such an old guy
    Donald makes Biden look young?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Donald makes Biden look young?
    If it is Donald vs. Biden i am voting for whoever looks younger in the debates

Bernie has released a detailed plan for erasing $1.6 Trillion of student loan debt by taxing....stock and bond trades? 0.5% on every equity trade. So a $100,000 stock trade will go from paying $4.95 to Schwab.....to $500 to the government? Oof. Bernie is starting to lose any affections I may have had for him.....OTOH, if my three kids can now go to college for free, I may change my tune quite a bit.....but if it's just for the outstanding debt, then ouch.

EDIT -- it does seem like his plan is to also make all public universities free. Hmmm. I'll listen.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid In the Corn's Avatar
    Suburbs of Minneapolis...close to Hornsby
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Hey, In The Corn! Do Joe Biden's views on segregation resonate with you like his views on abortion?

https://nypost.com/2019/06/21/joe-bi...ator-revealed/
    It amazes me that Obama, Hillary, etc. get the pass with the phrase, "My views have evolved on X subject." but Biden doesn't get the same pass.

If you ask me if my choices are Trump or Biden, whom am I voting for? I'll vote for Biden and not feel badly about it.

As my father said to me during the last election when I questioned him how he could vote for Trump, "I'm electing a President, not a Pope."

TW, what are you going to do if Biden gets the nod? Obviously, you can't vote (unless you drive to CA because I hear they let anyone in the state that day vote. ), but what is your reactioning going to be?
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.