No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Fox news is I playing Beto took LSD and curses too much. They must be afraid of him getting traction. They have been throwing a lot at the wall on him recently to see what will stick with their readers/viewers.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden are as old as my great-great-great- Grandfather
      Are you part mayfly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Are you part mayfly?
        That would explain a lot.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          No Fox news is I playing Beto took LSD and curses too much. They must be afraid of him getting traction. They have been throwing a lot at the wall on him recently to see what will stick with their readers/viewers.
          If you need another reason to hate Fox news they made him promise to stop dropping F Bombs
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            That would explain a lot.
            Deranged mayflies, Beto's LSD, lots of rumors being spread.
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Deranged mayflies, Beto's LSD, lots of rumors being spread.
              Do mayflies become lucid if they pop LSD?
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Do mayflies become lucid if they pop LSD?
                I think DMT needs to chime in on this very important issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Beto is refusing to reveal his 1st day fundraising totals, and I saw a clip talking about a 1st day haul mentioned by Betos staff. $5000. If true, thats an absolute disaster.
                  Fake news:

(CNN)Beto O'Rourke raised $6.1 million in the first 24 hours of his presidential campaign, his campaign said Monday, in what amounts to the largest announced first-day haul of any 2020 Democratic contender to date.

The former Texas congressman raised $6,136,763 in online donations from all 50 states in the first day, his campaign said. That tops the $5.9 million one-day total Sen. Bernie Sanders announced after he launched his campaign. The closest other 2020 Democratic candidate to publicize their first-day fundraising total was California Sen. Kamala Harris at $1.5 million.
                  Beto O’Rourke raised $6.1 million in the first 24 hours of his presidential campaign, his campaign said Monday, in what amounts to the largest announced first-day haul of any 2020 Democratic contender to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Fake news:

(CNN)Beto O'Rourke raised $6.1 million in the first 24 hours of his presidential campaign, his campaign said Monday, in what amounts to the largest announced first-day haul of any 2020 Democratic contender to date.

The former Texas congressman raised $6,136,763 in online donations from all 50 states in the first day, his campaign said. That tops the $5.9 million one-day total Sen. Bernie Sanders announced after he launched his campaign. The closest other 2020 Democratic candidate to publicize their first-day fundraising total was California Sen. Kamala Harris at $1.5 million.
                    https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/polit...ord/index.html
                    Yeah, I was wrong. Sorry to spread a rumor.

I thought voters were smart enough to see through his phony bullshit, but I've clearly overestimated the general populace.

Beto is a fake progressive. The record speaks more loudly than his 'hope and change' cover band ever could.

Will not support Med4All. Strike 1.

2nd highest donations from fossil fuel companies in 2017-18 election cycle, despite representing one of the most progressive districts in the country. Friend of big oil? Strike 2.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...climate-change

Married into a $20 Bn. family, will not vote on progressive taxation. I think this hurts him, but maybe not.

Voting record is 100% indefensible. You cannot say "but its Texas", because El Paso is far left. I think this will be strike 3.

Capital & Main reviewed the 167 votes O’Rourke has cast in the House in opposition to the majority of his own party during his six-year tenure in Congress. Many of those votes were not progressive dissents alongside other left-leaning lawmakers, but instead votes to help pass Republican-sponsored legislation.

O’Rourke has voted for GOP bills that his fellow Democratic lawmakers said reinforced Republicans’ anti-tax ideology, chipped away at the Affordable Care Act (ACA), weakened Wall Street regulations, boosted the fossil fuel industry and bolstered Donald Trump’s immigration policy.
                    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...pital-and-main

I'm still optimistic that he will have to answer for these, and won't be able to. Now I really want Biden to run and split things more.

I find it funny that Morning Joe and MSM are calling Beto the frontrunner now, when they were talking about Bernie's haul not amounting to much. Spin, spin, spin. I hope people are see through it, but it's not a sure thing.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Beto attempted to join the Justice Democrats (AOC, Bernie, Omar, Pressly, Tlaib, Khanna, etc) and was rejected. Why? Because they asked him about his record and he couldn't answer satisfactorily.

If Obama endorses Beto he could have a chance. I would like to think AOC endorsing Bernie will carry more weight, but the media slant may be difficult to fight against. Against stacked odds, I still believe the strategies Bernie is toying with early will be great on the debate stage. If the winner only needs 25-30% of the vote, Bernie has it. If the centrists all drop out or form a strong coalition behind 1 of the 15 others, he could lose. I just see too much vulnerability from every alternative for that coalescing to happen.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Beto attempted to join the Justice Democrats (AOC, Bernie, Omar, Pressly, Tlaib, Khanna, etc) and was rejected. Why? Because they asked him about his record and he couldn't answer satisfactorily.

If Obama endorses Beto he could have a chance. I would like to think AOC endorsing Bernie will carry more weight, but the media slant may be difficult to fight against. Against stacked odds, I still believe the strategies Bernie is toying with early will be great on the debate stage. If the winner only needs 25-30% of the vote, Bernie has it. If the centrists all drop out or form a strong coalition behind 1 of the 15 others, he could lose. I just see too much vulnerability from every alternative for that coalescing to happen.
                        I guess I am unclear on the way the Democrats run things—-aren’t their delegates apportioned based on % of votes won? Doesn’t one candidate need 50%+1 to win the nomination? Maybe I am thinking of how the GOP does it—I used to know this stuff, but it gets kind of murky to me these days. Clarification appreciated

Comment

Buttigieg is working on moving to the top of my list, though.
                          Mine too. I'm really impressed with him so far. He's the only candidate to whom I've contributed at this point, because I want to ensure he'll be on the debate stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            Mine too. I'm really impressed with him so far. He's the only candidate to whom I've contributed at this point, because I want to ensure he'll be on the debate stage.
                            Buttigieg is better than Biden and Beto and Harris, but will need to claw from their support to stay in it past the first couple of debates. Just not enough name recognition to break out among such a large field. He's looking more to 2028 and beyond, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post

+ 1 and he got in early enough to at least get his name out there to try and make the long hard claw to recognition! I am not all in but at least intrigued.

Comment

• I would pull for Buttigieg without reading up on him just to see how long it would take Trump to make some kind of poop or fart play on words as his "clever" nickname. Over/under of 2.5 public appearances after he won the primary

Comment

Working...
                                X