Page 43 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1206

Thread: Election 2020

  1. #421
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,347
    https://nypost.com/2019/02/01/elizab...-for-dna-test/
    She sure was proud about her test back in October though, wasn’t she?

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    As has been undeniably proven in study after study looking at costs vs. efficacy, we are ALL getting screwed in this country because the system is completely broken (except the rich of course). Aren't you all about shaking up the system? Why are you so opposed to shaking up the healthcare market? Look at the insulin prices...why are we 4x what other countries are paying?
    I want to shake up the industry! I want them to publish what their cost to me is so I can see it before I buy it. If these companies are required to compete for market share by showing what their price is - one of those producers will lower the price to get more market share. Then in order to compete some other company will lower their price to gain market share back - and so on and so on....

    People in AZ and CAL frequently go to Mexico in order to save money - because they are able to shop the price.

    Edit to add: We have to also do something about the patent laws as it pertains to drugs. It is insane the amount of time a producer can monopolize the production/supply of our medications.
    Last edited by baldgriff; 02-01-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address


    "When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

  3. #423
    Hall of Famer B-Fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montclair, NJ
    Posts
    47,417
    Booker is officially in. I saw that Richard Ojeda officially dropped out. I'm most surprised by the lack of noise from Biden or his camp, but I guess with his name recognition and profile it's less imperative for him to jump in to fundraise and line up supporters early.

  4. #424
    Big Leaguer TS Garp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,504
    I know it seems like a pipe dream (or nightmare, depending on your political leanings, I suppose), but do not completely discount Buttigieg's chances.

  5. #425
    Hall of Famer B-Fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montclair, NJ
    Posts
    47,417
    Quote Originally Posted by TS Garp View Post
    I know it seems like a pipe dream (or nightmare, depending on your political leanings, I suppose), but do not completely discount Buttigieg's chances.
    Are Americans ready to vote for a 37-year old married gay man (whose name stars with "butt")? I would like to hope so, but I'm skeptical.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    Are Americans ready to vote for a 37-year old married gay man (whose name stars with "butt")? I would like to hope so, but I'm skeptical.
    Why should I care that he is gay?? Is he capable and does his political outlook align with mine - that is how I determine who I will vote for. Who he is married to and sleeps with is not relevant.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address


    "When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

  7. #427
    Big Leaguer TS Garp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    Are Americans ready to vote for a 37-year old married gay man (whose name stars with "butt")? I would like to hope so, but I'm skeptical.
    He will enrage many, for sure, but his ability to galvanize young voters is meaningful. He's a long shot but maybe not as long as some think.

  8. #428
    Big Leaguer hacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wadsworth , OHIO
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by baldgriff View Post
    Why should I care that he is gay?? Is he capable and does his political outlook align with mine - that is how I determine who I will vote for. Who he is married to and sleeps with is not relevant.
    You say this ( and I believe you) BUT there are many who it does matter- I would say a large percentage of Trumpers,Christians... I know a lot of people who voted for trump over Hillary because of this 1 issue. I have heard people who say I could never vote Democratic because they are for legal same sex marriages. I think this is some of the problem people have with you is WE SEE you as someone who has little empathy for way people get treated for race,sexual preference,income short comings... but wants to live by the creed it is all up to ourselves to better our life... All People should not have to put up with some of the crap life throws at them and we should all want to help out making life as good as we can for everyone.

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by hacko View Post
    You say this ( and I believe you) BUT there are many who it does matter- I would say a large percentage of Trumpers,Christians... I know a lot of people who voted for trump over Hillary because of this 1 issue. I have heard people who say I could never vote Democratic because they are for legal same sex marriages.
    And it is our job to continue saying - Why do you care who the love or have sex with, it is not a factor in their leadership capabilities. So we have to change their minds about this and continue having the conversation. Labeling someone an Xist or Xophobe does nothing to further the conversation. The day HRC labeled multiple millions as deplorable was likely the day she lost the election.

    I think this is some of the problem people have with you is WE SEE you as someone who has little empathy for way people get treated for race,sexual preference,income short comings... but wants to live by the creed it is all up to ourselves to better our life... All People should not have to put up with some of the crap life throws at them and we should all want to help out making life as good as we can for everyone.
    First - I understand that you believe I have little empathy. I have stated in these conversations I understand being seen as crass or "uber-pragmatic". None of us get to start in the same spot, and none of us get the same lives (that just the nature of our existence). Fortunately for us, we do live in a country that allows us to work hard, make good decisions and hopefully prosper more and more. The fact that some start further ahead than other proves my "Rule #1".

    Second I agree that people should not have to put up with some of the crap life throws at them. The only difference here between me and others here is that I dont place the responsibility of making my life better on the government. Anytime governments have tried to make life fair among its citizenry it has turned out bad for the citizenry. Mao, Stalin, Marx, Khmer Rouge, N. Korea and on and on and on... hundreds of millions of dead stacked up like chord wood to make life fair for its citizens - even down to the point that you were killed because you had glasses....

    I dont want the government trying to make things "equal", I want government that allows us to live our own lives and in general leaves us alone to make our own lives as we see fit.
    Last edited by baldgriff; 02-01-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address


    "When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

  10. #430
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,424
    Well, we don't have to worry about Virginia Governor Ralph Northam entering the race any time soon, lol:

    RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam confirmed Friday evening his appearance in a picture that features a person in blackface and another wearing a Ku Klux Klan hood in a 1984 medical school yearbook page that also holds different pictures of the future governor.

    WTOP obtained a copy of the photo Friday from Eastern Virginia Medical School library, which Northam attended. The photos were first published by the conservative news site Big League Politics.
    https://wtop.com/virginia/2019/02/vi...reaking%20News

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •