Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    It's not great, no. But at this point I can only see Warren overtaking him, and she's going to have a million Pocahontas tweets leveled at her head by the dipshit.
    She hasn't responded appropriately to the questions of her Cherokee heritage claims. There's some kind of forum for Indigenous issues in Iowa next week, and Warren will be there. It should be revealing to see her response to harsh criticism.

Warren actually has a much less broad coalition than Bernie does. She is dominating post grad and wealthy white liberals, but she's not going to beat Bernie in South Carolina, or other minority-heavy districts. I feel like Bernie is making the biggest push across the map and across demographics. Also, Bernie has the #1 ingredient to beating Trump: economic populism that will help him sweep the midwest that was the key to Trump's victory.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      She hasn't responded appropriately to the questions of her Cherokee heritage claims. There's some kind of forum for Indigenous issues in Iowa next week, and Warren will be there. It should be revealing to see her response to harsh criticism.

Warren actually has a much less broad coalition than Bernie does. She is dominating post grad and wealthy white liberals, but she's not going to beat Bernie in South Carolina, or other minority-heavy districts. I feel like Bernie is making the biggest push across the map and across demographics. Also, Bernie has the #1 ingredient to beating Trump: economic populism that will help him sweep the midwest that was the key to Trump's victory.
      Latest South Carolina poll, from yesterday, had Biden leading by a wide margin with Warren in 2nd by a point over Bernie. He's stayed the same, but she's surged in that state, according to the newspaper's polling.

Comment

• If the economy keeps heading toward a recession, we may get to a point that just about any candidate will beat him. His most die hards will stick with him and believe it is the Fed's fault, not Donny's, like he keeps saying, but I imagine a good number of folks support him because they thought and were validated for awhile in the thought that he'd be good for their bank accounts. A recession will change that.

Comment

• Latest Fox News poll shows Warren surging at Bernie's expense:

Code:
          2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	FOX News	[B]Biden 31, Warren 20[/B], Sanders 10, Harris 8, Buttigieg 3, O'Rourke 2, Booker 3, Yang 3, Klobuchar 2, Gabbard 1, Castro 1, Williamson 1, Steyer 1	Biden +11

Comment

• Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Some recent happenings.

Kamala Harris is receiving major backlash for dropping out of the CNN climate change town hall in favour of a big donor fundraiser.

Biden's fundraising is tanking with real people. Politico shows that 60% of his online donations came in the first week of his campaign, 4 months ago! They mention specifically that his fundraising mirrors more flash in the pan candidates like Beto O'Rourke. 3rd quarter fundraising reveal in early October will show exactly how few people are supporting him. I hope he's embarrassed into dropping out.

I include snippets of interest. Shows you why Kamala Harris needs to do the fundraiser instead of climate change town hall too. Harris seems to have even less enthusiasm than Biden. Although she did pick up an endorsement from Spike Lee... seems he's spent too much time watching Knicks trade rumoyrs and not enough time researching Harris' awful criminal justice record.

https://www.politico.com/interactive...ising-actblue/

At the end of June, Biden’s median online daily fundraising, a measure of a run-of-the mill day on the site, was just under $67,000 — above Kamala Harris at $50,000, but below Pete Buttigieg ($186,000), Bernie Sanders ($127,000) and Elizabeth Warren ($75,000), whose online fundraising started slow but crescendoed in the spring and early summer. From the time Biden joined the race to the end of June, Warren’s median online fundraising day brought in nearly $127,000.

“Biden has an enthusiasm gap that is making that difficult for him online,” one Democratic digital consultant said after reviewing Biden’s online fundraising.

[...]

Sanders raises hundreds of thousands of dollars on the 19th of every month thanks to a Netflix subscription-style recurring donation program he encourages for his campaign donors. On June 19, for example, 31,000 donors contributed $391,000 to the Sanders campaign.

[...]

During the last five days of the quarter, which included the first Democratic debates and three days following them, Sanders raised the most money online of any candidate ($4.2 million), followed by Harris ($3.4 million), Warren ($3.2 million), Buttigieg ($3.1 million) and Biden ($816,000).
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Latest CNN poll shows Biden surging and Kamala plummeting to dangerously low levels:

Code:
                2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	CNN	Biden 29, Warren 14, Sanders 15, Harris 5, Buttigieg 5, O'Rourke 3, Booker 2, Yang 1, Gabbard 2, Castro 2, Klobuchar 1, Steyer 1	[B]Biden +14[/B]

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Latest CNN poll shows Biden surging and Kamala plummeting to dangerously low levels:

Code:
                  2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	CNN	Biden 29, Warren 14, Sanders 15, Harris 5, Buttigieg 5, O'Rourke 3, Booker 2, Yang 1, Gabbard 2, Castro 2, Klobuchar 1, Steyer 1	[B]Biden +14[/B]
                  This is largely anecdotal, but still relevant - kind of explains the popularity of Biden in the south ...

What I learned about the Democrats at a family barbecue in North Carolina (Wapo opinion piece)
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    This is largely anecdotal, but still relevant - kind of explains the popularity of Biden in the south ...

What I learned about the Democrats at a family barbecue in North Carolina (Wapo opinion piece)
                    Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I've always liked Harris as a VP candidate better than as the top of the ticket as the US still seems to have an issue with a woman as president
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        I've always liked Harris as a VP candidate better than as the top of the ticket as the US still seems to have an issue with a woman as president

I'm hoping for a Sanders/Gabbard ticket. I'd settle for a Warren/Pete duet (I was going to say coupling, but I'm quoting Fresno......)
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Thank YOU Donny Dipshit for sending every jewish voter over to the Left.

Stable Genius.

If your not against him, you're with him.

Go big or go home.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Jill Biden's public speaking yesterday is so hilariously stupid, it's pure insanity, so of course I am LOVING it. Is this less stupid than what Joe Biden would have said? I'm genuinely unsure.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/19/u...democrats.html

“You may like another candidate better, but you have to look at who is going to win,” she said, addressing a gathering of educators. “And if education is your main issue, Joe is that person.”

Your candidate might be better on, I don’t know, health care than Joe is, but you’ve got to look at who’s going to win this election,” Dr. Biden said. “And maybe you have to swallow a little bit and say, ‘O.K., I sort of personally like so-and-so better,’ but your bottom line has to be that we have to beat Trump.”

[...]

“Electability is not only the most important issue, it’s virtually the only issue,” Dick Harpootlian, a South Carolina state senator and longtime friend of Mr. Biden’s, said about Dr. Biden’s remarks.

Asked whether he perceived the comments as an acknowledgment of enthusiasm challenges for Mr. Biden, Mr. Harpootlian replied: “This is not an admission of anything. It’s an admission that he is the strongest person to beat Donald Trump. That’s all it is.”
                            The take from The Onion is too good not to share:

Jill Biden Urges Democratic Voters To Ignore Which Candidates Are Mentally Sharp Enough To Finish Complete Sentences For Good Of Party

Originally posted by The Onion
                            WASHINGTON—In a strongly worded show of support for her husband, former second lady Jill Biden urged voters Tuesday to ignore which Democratic candidates are mentally sharp enough to finish complete sentences in favor of doing what is best for the Democratic Party. “This is a critical time for our country, and to beat Donald Trump, we cannot focus on who can string together three or four words coherently or provide the American people with a lucid plan for the future,” said Biden, adding that Democrats across the nation should come together and ignore those who can speak in interviews without uttering garbled nonsense. “We are at a crucial crossroads and we shouldn’t just be persuaded by someone with the mental capacity to know where they are or what they’re doing. This isn’t about plans, ideas, or the ability to remember what their advisors told them right before the interview. This is about winning back the Oval Office.” At press time, Biden insisted that Democrats should be concerned with current polls and disregard a candidate’s words, actions, and incompetence.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Thank YOU Donny Dipshit for sending every jewish voter over to the Left.

Stable Genius.

If your not against him, you're with him.

Go big or go home.
                              In an ocean of stupid comments that have flowed out of his stinking, mealy mouth, this may be one of the dumbest.

Comment

• Biden cannot appear in public without saying something stupid. From today:

Comparing present times with how things were when he was young, Biden said, "Just like in my generation, when I got out of school, when Bobby Kennedy and Dr. King had been assassinated in the '70s, the late '70s when I got engaged." Kennedy and King were murdered within months of each other in 1968.
                                Maybe not a huge deal... but he isn't reversing the trend. Just looking more senile with every public appearance.

Comment

Working...
                                X