Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Not Dumb, just naïve. Every job I've had in my life has been evaluating human behavior and making decisions based on that evidence. Predictive behavioral analysis is my thing. I don't know math, I don't know code, I don't know how to change my own oil--but I know people. I know motivation and intent and the behaviors that predicate those things. Sure these things may seem open to interpretation and an inexact science, but they're really not. I applaud your open-mindedness, but have to say--It's wasted in this instance.

Trump's intent is clear, his methods are obvious. His support system is lock step with him and it's been that way since shortly after he was elected. Those who are not in line, get removed or quit.

But ok, you take your time--go through the motions you seem to think you need to to get to the truth and I'll be right here when you come back saying--Damn Brian--You were right!
    Well, to be honest I didn’t choose those papers to get a balanced view of things. I chose them because I like their sports sections best. They just happen to counterbalance each other. Shallow I know

Comment

• I mean, cmon, this is the 3 monkees with the see no, hear no, speak no evil. I was watching live on tv as millions were, as trump was supposed to speak at 615, then 630, then pushed up to 645 pm. It was a split screen of the area just beyond WH gates with peaceful gathering of hundreds of protestors. You could see the block and not one was throwing bottles or anything provocative, there was an open and clear view.

trump speaks, not at all the healing tone nation was needing but of how he was going to escalate with overwhelming force to dominate protestors. As he said that, there was a coordinated action with the horseback police rapidly pushing the protestors out. The split screen showing trump speaking using the language of the fascist dictator, what he said would happen was happening, perfectly on cue. the police force used was not a walking pace orderly reasoned push. the protestors, absolutely peaceful as the millions of people were watching them could see, damn this absurd gaslighting all the time, were herded out at a jogging pace as horseback police rode thru.

street was cleared just as speech ended, trump strode across to the church to hold his prop bible, upside down, and have the photo op. next day the slow mo walk was shown of trump walking to church set to music, just ridiculous. it was precision organized to the minute, this is just wacko to say, hey, what a coincidence. and it was clearly photo op, as trump did not speak to any of clergy present, never mind some were hit by tear gas that is claimed wasnt used. trump did not survey any of the church damage, though that would have taken minimal effort but he could not even keep pretense of caring long enough to answer any questions. this is just weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        I also read the Honolulu Star Advertiser most days
        why?

I have come not to trust any news source completely and have learned to wait before rushing to judgement,
        stop being so reasonable, do you know which forum you're on? lol
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          why?

stop being so reasonable, do you know which forum you're on? lol
          I love Hawaii. Been going there for close to 25 years—in fact, if my wife were up for it, I would relocate there this evening. She even had a job offer at several schools on the Big Island about 5 years ago, buit they weren’t in the more populated parts of the Island, so she passed on them. The way they hire the teachers out there is a bit different, plus it’s 1 district for The whole state. I will retire out there in 10 years (with or without her, lol).

Comment

• On another topic, the overseas betting odds (betting on politics is illegal in the US) on Trump have plummeted from -149 on March 4 to 100 today and Biden has surged from +150 to 100.

However, many betting outlets also include multiple other huge underdogs and all total 100% (i.e. Bernie & Cuomo) — and more for the Dems than the GOP— so the betting odds actually reflect that the Dems are slightly favored now.

Comment

I love Hawaii. Been going there for close to 25 years—in fact, if my wife were up for it, I would relocate there this evening. She even had a job offer at several schools on the Big Island about 5 years ago, buit they weren’t in the more populated parts of the Island, so she passed on them. The way they hire the teachers out there is a bit different, plus it’s 1 district for The whole state. I will retire out there in 10 years (with or without her, lol).
              thats awesome! I've been there 3 times, unfortunately I might be done but i sure would like one more. I never made it to Kauai. If I had the money, I'd buy a few condos and try to live off the rental income.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Nots with the save...……...deleted it right as I was quoting it
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

thats awesome! I've been there 3 times, unfortunately I might be done but i sure would like one more. I never made it to Kauai. If I had the money, I'd buy a few condos and try to live off the rental income.
                  Should have invested your pandemic money better...….
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Nots with the save...……...deleted it right as I was quoting it
                    I didn’t want to get involved in a semantics argument.

Comment

The Kokee State Park on Kauai is beautiful. Some of the best hiking I have ever done. Strongly recommend it.

Comment

The Kokee State Park on Kauai is beautiful. Some of the best hiking I have ever done. Strongly recommend it.
                        Where would you want to live in HI? I think I'd eventually get bored on the big island and contrary to what most people say, I think Oahu is beautiful outside of Honolulu, but too crowded. I'd pick somewhere on Maui as my 1st choice.

Comment

• Kauai would definitely be my preference to live.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Where would you want to live in HI? I think I'd eventually get bored on the big island and contrary to what most people say, I think Oahu is beautiful outside of Honolulu, but too crowded. I'd pick somewhere on Maui as my 1st choice.
                            i would live in Kona on the Big Island. I like the different climates there. Volcanos NP is a place I love to hike as well. Kauai would be my second choice, but the traffic is getting bad there.
                            Truthfully though, if my wife would agree to move, I would live on whichever island she wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Kauai would definitely be my preference to live.
                              Which part?

Comment

Working...
                              X