No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News Polls out this evening, this is an A- rated pollster...

FL: Biden 49, Trump 40
    GA: Biden 47, Trump 45
    NC: Biden 47, Trump 45
    TX: Biden 45, Trump 44

I still don't think TX is in play this cycle, but I am starting to buy into GA. That said it probably doesn't matter as Biden doesn't win GA/TX unless he has already won some other combo.

Trump also at a new low on this betting odds tracker at +140 with Biden at -150

Former POTUS Donald Trump has leapfrogged ahead of President Joe Biden in the 2024 presidential markets that are featured across multiple top European sports betting platforms. Let's take a look at the Presidential odds.

Comment

• Here's the RCP latest betting odds:

Code:
      RCP Average	6/25	58.8	37.9	Biden +20.9
      Betfair           61	36	Biden +25
      Bovada          56	43	Biden +13
      Bwin	        60	38	Biden +22
      Matchbook	58	37	Biden +21
      Smarkets	57	34	Biden +23
      SpreadEx       61	37	Biden +24
      Unibet        57	40	Biden +17
      Vbet	      60	38	Biden +22

Comment

• Another SCOTUS L for Trump. All the people who can justify voting Trump because they want to criminalize abortion should feel pretty demoralized.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Another SCOTUS L for Trump. All the people who can justify voting Trump because they want to criminalize abortion should feel pretty demoralized.
          just highlights the need for one more conservative appointment.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            just highlights the need for one more conservative appointment.
            Precisely.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Precisely.

Don't be like me Chance, you're better than I.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Precisely.
                So criminalizing abortion trumps national security?

In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America’s principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials – including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff – that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Don't be like me Chance, you're better than I.
                  I'm sorry...it was too easy!

Comment

So criminalizing abortion trumps national security?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/polit...rns/index.html
                    with him, probably.

Interesting note from that article - some of the quotes are, I suspect, from never Trump/pro-Koch people. There's some wording in there that's very Koch-ish.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                      Fox News Polls out this evening, this is an A- rated pollster...

FL: Biden 49, Trump 40
                      GA: Biden 47, Trump 45
                      NC: Biden 47, Trump 45
                      TX: Biden 45, Trump 44

I still don't think TX is in play this cycle, but I am starting to buy into GA. That said it probably doesn't matter as Biden doesn't win GA/TX unless he has already won some other combo.

Trump also at a new low on this betting odds tracker at +140 with Biden at -150

https://bookies.com/news/presidentia...-daily-tracker
                      betting odds are never about a winner or loser, it's about hedging your bets and breaking even and making money on the juice.

Comment

Another SCOTUS L for Trump. All the people who can justify voting Trump because they want to criminalize abortion should feel pretty demoralized.
                        not to go there but for politicians (not economists or democracy or religion and morals), it's about increasing electoral votes. if a state has an increasing population you get more representatives in congress which increases your states electoral votes- and increases your chances for winning said state and winning the executive office. by denying reproductive rights to the poor and then disenfranchising them but getting them on the census, it's a win, win, win scenario. you gain electoral votes and get more competition for cheap labor. but you also create a welfare state, unless you can minimize food stamps, welfare, medicare , medicad and disability etc..

red state's political opposition to abortion has nothing to do morals but everything to do with politics and economics. ..any person that ever played a civilization themed simulation game like Tropico or Civilization will tell you this.

Texas is slated to gain 3 electoral votes next census and most red states will gain while blue state will not. this is also a combination of rents and silicon valley taking over rich blue states and people cannot afford to live there anymore or are homeless and not counted. as a result you see states like NY with quadruple less influence than they used to have back in the day and Florida with more.

reproductive edicts in politics rarely have anything to do with morality. even though it probably should. because when you champion voodoo economics you end up with people worth 50 billion dollars while 90% of the population lives like Argentina and sure they live in slums, but they all have direct TV dishes on top of there crumbing habitats. but it's all good because people are still better off now than 100 years ago when we still managed to increase labor capacity during a 500 year old mini ice age due to volcanic activity.

the main point is when the economy is good, rich people with greater chances of success due to inheritance and a slanted economy and better circumstantial chances have higher birth rates and poor ppl with lower chances of success have the same. but when the economy is bad people with more money have lower birth rates, while poor people still have the same. but if you can disenfranchise them while taking away their reproductive rights but still count them, you can gain electoral votes, and it doesn't matter politically.

living privileged and living not is two different worlds. jobs are outsourced. inadequate training. corporations and political individuals with offshore banking avoiding taxes. everyone just being out for themselves with no social contract in the community. this is what happens.

i'll give you an analogy. if a farmer decided i'll just cut corners and let my land degrade because it allows me to make more money faster this year. but the next year it will make my land harder to grow crops. quick fixes and stock market sugar highs are a bad strategy for everyone.

Comment

• which is why I never fill out the census and make them come after me.

Comment

• On Saturday, June 27, 2020, comedian Sacha Baron Cohen disguised himself as a bearded blue grass singer at the “March for Our Rights 3” rally in downtown Olympia, Washington, and got the right-wing militia attendees to sing racist lyrics along with him about Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Liberals, and others for several minutes. Eventually, the rally organizers fought their way past Cohen's security team and unplugged the sound system before Cohen, the band, and security team all fled in several vehicles parked behind the stage.

The event was hosted by the Washington Three Percenters, a far-right militia group that has previously organized gun rights rallies. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, “The reference to 3 percent stems from the dubious historical claim that only 3 percent of American colonists fought against the British during the War of Independence.”

I didn't post the Youtube video here since some of the song lyrics are offensive. If you want to look for it on a Youtube, there are several versions. The shorter versions are around 2 minutes and just show the end where the organizers start yelling and the rest of the crowd starts booing. The organizers later tried to say that the crowd wasn't singing along. But, there is an 8 minute version that clearly shows the crowd laughing, cheering, and singing along with the racist lyrics. Not sure if Youtube will leave the videos up. It is believed that Cohen filmed the "prank" for an upcoming episode of his "Who is America" show which airs on Showtime.
                            Last edited by madducks; 06-29-2020, 10:27 PM.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              On Saturday, June 27, 2020, comedian Sacha Baron Cohen disguised himself as a bearded blue grass singer at the “March for Our Rights 3” rally in downtown Olympia, Washington, and got the right-wing militia attendees to sing racist lyrics along with him about Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Liberals, and others for several minutes. Eventually, the rally organizers fought their way past Cohen's security team and unplugged the sound system before Cohen, the band, and security team all fled in several vehicles parked behind the stage.

The event was hosted by the Washington Three Percenters, a far-right militia group that has previously organized gun rights rallies. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, “The reference to 3 percent stems from the dubious historical claim that only 3 percent of American colonists fought against the British during the War of Independence.”

I didn't post the Youtube video here since some of the song lyrics are offensive. If you want to look for it on a Youtube, there are several versions. The shorter versions are around 2 minutes and just show the end where the organizers start yelling and the rest of the crowd starts booing. The organizers later tried to say that the crowd wasn't singing along. But, there is an 8 minute version that clearly shows the crowd laughing, cheering, and singing along with the racist lyrics. Not sure if Youtube will leave the videos up. It is believed that Cohen filmed the "prank" for an upcoming episode of his "Who is America" show which airs on Showtime.
                              Part of me loves the idea of what Cohen does, and I admire the courage it takes in many cases (the dude might get shot one of these days). But a bigger part of me just can't handle watching him at work. It is way to cringey for me. Sometimes I feel bad for those that are the butt of his jokes, even if their ideas are deserving of ridicule. In this case, that would not be a problem, but I'd probably just get depressed.

Comment

• He also returned under another disguise as a reporter to interview the organizer about what happened. Dude is a legend.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X