Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Nancy Pelosi's assertion that Biden should entirely opt out from debating Trump is an attempt to SLAM DUNK Trump into a 2nd term... what in the fucking hell is wrong with the Democratic party? Never underestimate the Democrats ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

You really thought picking someone completely incapable of even attending a debate could beat Trump. Unreal. If Biden follows through with Pelosi's plan, he is fucked.

But I'm sure that won't stop DMT and the entire media from blaming Bernie bros and Russiagate, and the post office, and whatever else absolves them of their utter failure.

We'll see how Biden chooses. What do you think he will decide?
    Still unhinged.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I've heard a lot of people make fun of Trump and the Republicans for pointing at the current protests and associated violence and chaos and saying that this is Biden's America, when in fact it's happening right now in Trump's America. I'm pretty sure that a big part of Trump's point there is that in his second term, there will be no restraints, and he can rule with an iron fist. Yes, he's saying that the Democrats cause violence and a breakdown of societal order, but he's also saying that once he passes the hurdle of reelection, he won't have to play nice anymore, and the force he unleashed at the White House and in Portland will look tame compared to what he can do against Democrats and black people and immigrants in a second term.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Still unhinged.
        Still zero substance from you. Just trolling. Patgetic.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          I've heard a lot of people make fun of Trump and the Republicans for pointing at the current protests and associated violence and chaos and saying that this is Biden's America, when in fact it's happening right now in Trump's America. I'm pretty sure that a big part of Trump's point there is that in his second term, there will be no restraints, and he can rule with an iron fist. Yes, he's saying that the Democrats cause violence and a breakdown of societal order, but he's also saying that once he passes the hurdle of reelection, he won't have to play nice anymore, and the force he unleashed at the White House and in Portland will look tame compared to what he can do against Democrats and black people and immigrants in a second term.
          ...And Joe Bidennis saying Trump and his supporters are just downright deplorable, unworthy of even debating. Sounds like a viable strategy vs Trump.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Trump has been saying for months that Biden is cognitively failing and needs to be in a home. Not debating would completely play into and validate Trump's criticisms.

My prediction, they schedule a few debates, they hold 1 debate during which Trump eviscerates and embarrasses Biden. Biden refuses to any future debates because of a stated "lack of moral decency".
            The idea of Trump eviscerating anyone in a debate is absurd to me. Biden could speak gibberish the entire debate and it would only be slightly worse than how Trump communicates on the daily. I also don't put much stock in debates moving the needle much at all either way. Clinton soundly beat Trump in all of their debates and in did not end up mattering.

But yeah, Biden will debate, and despite hims always being a gaffe machine, and being worse now than ever, he isn't as bad as you are suggesting. I'd still wager all my money on him being better than Trump in a debate, at least by how I measure them. If your measure is who might stutter a bit or stumble or say the wrong word more, or makes odd references to families sitting around the gramophone, maybe Trump wins a debate. If your measure is who will have the better messaging, have more facts and data and knowledge backing up their claims, and who will lie less, Biden will mop the floor with Trump, even as he is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              The idea of Trump eviscerating anyone in a debate is absurd to me. Biden could speak gibberish the entire debate and it would only be slightly worse than how Trump communicates on the daily. I also don't put much stock in debates moving the needle much at all either way. Clinton soundly beat Trump in all of their debates and in did not end up mattering.

But yeah, Biden will debate, and despite hims always being a gaffe machine, and being worse now than ever, he isn't as bad as you are suggesting. I'd still wager all my money on him being better than Trump in a debate, at least by how I measure them. If your measure is who might stutter a bit or stumble or say the wrong word more, or makes odd references to families sitting around the gramophone, maybe Trump wins a debate. If your measure is who will have the better messaging, have more facts and data and knowledge backing up their claims, and who will lie less, Biden will mop the floor with Trump, even as he is now.
              My measure is based on who will gain more vpter support after the debate. As you mention, Clinton soundly beat Trump during their debates, but Trump used the extended media coverage his antics garnered to win more support. Its terrifying to think back on, actually. It should scare you too.

The question is, does Joe Biden fare better in debate with Trump than Hillary did? I know Hillary had a lot of negative perception going into it, but I believe Biden is much more ripe to obliterate. Biden will get flustered and will literally challenge Trump to a fist fight or a pushup contest, and perhaps media tries to show "Biden's fired up", but he absolutely cannot beat Trump on laying out a vision other than "Trump will be gone". Thats not going to win any new voters.

Comment

My measure is based on who will gain more vpter support after the debate. As you mention, Clinton soundly beat Trump during their debates, but Trump used the extended media coverage his antics garnered to win more support. Its terrifying to think back on, actually. It should scare you too.

The question is, does Joe Biden fare better in debate with Trump than Hillary did? I know Hillary had a lot of negative perception going into it, but I believe Biden is much more ripe to obliterate. Biden will get flustered and will literally challenge Trump to a fist fight or a pushup contest, and perhaps media tries to show "Biden's fired up", but he absolutely cannot beat Trump on laying out a vision other than "Trump will be gone". Thats not going to win any new voters.
                I think Biden will do worse technically than Clinton did, but I hope the outcome is different, and he will still do better than Trump, and Biden will win. If this country reelects Trump after how badly he has handled this pandemic and the racial discord that has been exacerbated by his leadership, we deserve whatever we get. I do think Biden will win. Sadly, I think it might come down to this pandemic. It depresses me to think Trump would have the edge if COVID did not happen, but that is my thinking right now. That Trump loses, mostly because of COVID.

Comment

...And Joe Bidennis saying Trump and his supporters are just downright deplorable, unworthy of even debating. Sounds like a viable strategy vs Trump.
                  Except that's not what they're saying. That's what YOU'RE saying.

Comment

• Biden has nothing to gain in debating, IMO. I think Pelosi was also trying to say that debating Trump legitimizes him.

Biden will debate Trump. Trump needs to be very careful about knock Joe's memory slips for two reasons:

1. Trump has plenty, as well.
                    2. Trump needs seniors to vote for him, and if they see themselves in Biden and his memory slips and Trump mocking him, they will feel mocked, as well.

"Sleepy Joe's" empathy is a real issue for Donnie, and he made a point of it yesterday.

Let's go Joe!
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Dan Rather quite succinctly summed up Dopey's re-election strategy: "Only Donald Trump can save America from Donald Trump's America."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Except that's not what they're saying. That's what YOU'RE saying.
                        What message do you get from refusal to debate other than "you are not worth it"? I can think of no other. It's the exact same strategy. "Saving the soul of America" and "basket of deplorables" are very much the same attack. Its an attack on personal moral decency, not on policy or substance. I think just like with Clinton, that attack will fail.

Comment

What message do you get from refusal to debate other than "you are not worth it"? I can think of no other. It's the exact same strategy. "Saving the soul of America" and "basket of deplorables" are very much the same attack. Its an attack on personal moral decency, not on policy or substance. I think just like with Clinton, that attack will fail.
                          Just what I said before: that a debate would be pointless since Dopey is just going to lie the entire time and not get called out by the moderators. But regardless, he will debate him anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Dan Rather quite succinctly summed up Dopey's re-election strategy: "Only Donald Trump can save America from Donald Trump's America."
                            Listen, I dont disagree that Trump is a living nightmare, a walking embarrassment to humanity, but especially to the reputation of the US. We aren't debating him, we're debating electoral strategy.

If you guys think giving 30 seconds to the only superstar politician in the Dem party at the convention was smart, and also think having John Kasich delivering more messaging than all the progressives in the party combined was smart... well, just like Sour Masher said. You get exactly what you deserve.

Comment

• Gotta debate him even if it nothing but Bullshit from Trump. I really believe Biden scores points if he locks 45 in the eye and says--you are a fucking liar. Mic drop and walks off the stage.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Gotta debate him even if it nothing but Bullshit from Trump. I really believe Biden scores points if he locks 45 in the eye and says--you are a lying dog-faced pony soldier. Mic drop and walks off the stage.
                                fixed
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X