Page 614 of 636 FirstFirst ... 114514564604612613614615616624 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 6359

Thread: Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I largely agree with this, but I've heard it also depends on which state houses are controlled by Republicans, as contested votes are muddied and scrapped and disqualified, what have you, in those states. Whereas if the election turned on a state like Pennsylvania, controlled by Democrats, there would be less likelihood of shenanigans to steal the state. Its going to be a mess. The election day results showing Trump winning then shifting to a massive Biden win once votes are counted... that seems like a recipe for deranged Trumpies to explode. Scary to think about, especially putting faith in such trash mainstream news media to reliably control and relay the results... the media is such dogshit, and public faith in it has never been lower... mix with hyper partisanship and bloodshed is nearly guaranteed. Hopefully Biden looks like he won after the first night because this red mirage scenario scares the shit out of me.
    It scares me too. I just don't know how it will be avoided. It seems like far, far more Dems will mail in ballots vs Republicans. Trump would have to lose very badly, I think, for the election to be called election night.

Man, I'd love to see the reverse -- Biden takes a big lead and then there's Dumpy pleading to wait for the mail-in votes to be counted.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Man, I'd love to see the reverse -- Biden takes a big lead and then there's Dumpy pleading to wait for the mail-in votes to be counted.
    That would be the dream scenario, but obviously not what Trump is anticipating. Since he spends all of his time figuring a path to staying in power vs actually governing with the people's best interest at heart, he has been a pretty good judge of what will go down. He went hard after Biden at the start, and laid off the others, because he must have calculated Biden would be his opponent, or at least his most feared opponent. And now he has gone all in on mail-in ballots being used against him. He put all of his eggs in that basket. He has absolutely no play if the in-person voting leads to his defeat. I'm sure he will say, "let's count them. They wanted them counted, so now let's wait for them." But he and everyone else will know he is done for. It would be super duper great if it plays out like that. I just don't know how it will, unless all the polls are dead on and there is no silent population of Trump voters that don't answer polls honestly, like there seemed to have been in 2016.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    It scares me too. I just don't know how it will be avoided. It seems like far, far more Dems will mail in ballots vs Republicans. Trump would have to lose very badly, I think, for the election to be called election night.
    Why do you say far, far more Dems will mail in?

If that is a great concern wouldn't that entice Dems everywhere to vote in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Why do you say far, far more Dems will mail in?

If that is a great concern wouldn't that entice Dems everywhere to vote in person?
    Because recent polling shows that 65% of Dems would prefer to mail in their votes, while on 25% of GOPers would.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    there is a pandemic. dem push, led by Biden, is vote by mail so you dont infect your household or endanger the senior poll workers. Every day push by trump has been vote by mail is fraud filled. This is a many times a day trump scare tactic by trump, odd you are not aware that vastly vastly more dems will vote by mail than repubs who are being told by their cult leader that vote by mail is filled with fraud..

I found it interesting that I received a form in the mail, courtesy of the Pennsylvania GOP, to receive a mail-in ballot. Oh, it had a huge pic of the orange turd, too.

So I have no idea how, if they lose and sue, they can claim mail-in voting is a sham when they're doing it too.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    there is a pandemic. dem push, led by Biden, is vote by mail so you dont infect your household or endanger the senior poll workers. Every day push by trump has been vote by mail is fraud filled. This is a many times a day trump scare tactic by trump, odd you are not aware that vastly vastly more dems will vote by mail than repubs who are being told by their cult leader that vote by mail is filled with fraud..
    This would be a bad move if the Dems want Trump out. They need to wear masks and get out and vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    This would be a bad move if the Dems want Trump out. They need to wear masks and get out and vote.
    Why should it matter how they vote?

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    why should dems wear masks and vote in person? At this stage, after months of dems promoting the need to vote by mail, what would be rationale to about face? Lets review hat happened in GA in midterms, many polling places in poorer and ethnic communities were closed, causing backlog on remaining open ones, and new software was used without ever having been stress tested before that day, resulting in lines 6 and 7 hours long, and many people gave up and left without voting. That is active voter suppression in action.

Virtually everyone should be voting by mail, especially now with pandemic. The vote counts same, the only advantage to voting in person is to give up hours of time, something that people working hourly jobs cannot do of course as they need to work to barely make it to next paycheck, cant even think of being in effect taxed a day of work to vote. That would be a poll tax, again resulting in lower vote totals for lower socio economic status people.