Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    We finally agree on something. Please no!!
    3rded. She had her shot. Time for someone else to get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      3rded. She had her shot. Time for someone else to get one.
      If she gives the Dems the best chance to win she should be the candidate. Shouldn't punish her because the country underestimated Trump.

She should get all of the votes she got last election plus all of the ones who didn't vote for her and are sick of Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        If she gives the Dems the best chance to win she should be the candidate. Shouldn't punish her because the country underestimated Trump.

She should get all of the votes she got last election plus all of the ones who didn't vote for her and are sick of Trump.
        I don't think we really want to bring the anti-Hillary vote back into play.

Comment

Gregg - do you really believe this? Did you vote for her last time? and would you chose her over all of the other candidates?

Comment

If she gives the Dems the best chance to win she should be the candidate.
            Who thinks this is true ?
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Who thinks this is true ?
              Hillary.

What do I win?

Comment

If this ever happened....I'd vote for Trump.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  Gregg - do you really believe this? Did you vote for her last time? and would you chose her over all of the other candidates?
                  I was the one who hated both choices.

The lesser of two evils should be someone's campaign slogan.

Just a side bar- I had some rebub friends that told me you couldn't be a Christian and vote democratic. A few posts back someone posted you can't be a Christian and vote republican. Or maybe it was support Trump. Then again I have come to the conclusion that at least in here repub and Trump are one and the same so it doesn't really matter.

I sure hope that both parties become better as a whole than the candidates they are trotting out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Hillary.

What do I win?
                    Want to be President?

Comment

Want to be President?
                      Looks like I don't have a choice....

Comment

If she gives the Dems the best chance to win she should be the candidate. ...
                        yes, but you say that of Kim Kardashian ... they both have about the same chance of leading the Dems.

actually it's not a fair comparison, Kim has already made it to the White House.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          If this ever happened....I'd vote for Trump.
                          I...don't know what to say to that without insulting you.

Comment

I was the one who hated both choices.

The lesser of two evils should be someone's campaign slogan.

Just a side bar- I had some rebub friends that told me you couldn't be a Christian and vote democratic. A few posts back someone posted you can't be a Christian and vote republican. Or maybe it was support Trump. Then again I have come to the conclusion that at least in here repub and Trump are one and the same so it doesn't really matter.

I sure hope that both parties become better as a whole than the candidates they are trotting out.
                            It was me, and my claim was that Donald Trump embodies the opposite of Christian values. To support someone who embodies that which should be an anathema to those who aspire to be Christ-like is an abomination (to use religious terminology).

To your friends' positions, I understand it if the issue is abortion (on most other issues, I'd contend Democrats align with Christian values more than Republicans). Logically, if you hold that abortion is murder of a human being that should have rights independent of the woman within whom it dwells, you should not support a candidate that supports the act. But that still doesn't mean said person should support Trump. Trump is still as anti-Christian in his values as anyone I've ever seen--and I'd bet dollars to donuts he has paid for an abortion or 3 in his lifetime. If one is voting as a Christian who also happens to believe abortion is murder than that person would have to not vote or vote for a 3rd party candidate that wants to outlaw abortion at the federal level, although I doubt such a candidate will be running. Who was the last presidential candidate who was open and clear about wanting to outlaw abortion--Rick Santorium?
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-10-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              It was me, and my claim was that Donald Trump embodies the opposite of Christian values.
                              I think I've said the same thing here too. You're not wrong.

Comment

• Tulsi Gabbard announced she won't attend the upcoming debate, regardless of whether or not she receives the final qualifying poll she needs. I'm not sure if I agree with her decision, but it makes her prior threat to boycott the debate seem less petty and hollow. It also depends what kind of counter-event she holds to see if she used her time wisely. Either way, her entire base goes to Bernie when she leaves, and most of Yang's gang too.

Unfortunately, Yang has qualified for the debate, making him the 7th and final qualifier. Big 4 plus Steyer, Klobuchar, Yang.

Yang has had some highs and lows. High of $750K raised in 24 hours after an email call for support... low of the video showing his team getting down on their knees taking whipped cream in the mouth from Yang as a gang initiation being a low. I mean, it's not the worst crime, it just looked childish and unprofessional, but I know professionalism is gone in the age of Trump.

Lastly, Bernie continues to rise (+2 this week) in the weekly Morning Consult poll (1% margin of error), now up to 22%. Thats Sanders' highest point since Biden entered and took the lead. Biden went up from 29% to 30%, but with Harris' 5% thrown back into play, I view a 1% gain for him as good news.

Buttigieg is falling off a little after the media finally starts to treat him critically, back under 10% nationally, I think down about 3-4 pts from his peak.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X