No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the fact that polls are consistently showing him being obliterated gives him no leg to stand on, even with his GOPers, and certainly the vast majority of the public. If things were close, I think he might try it, but as lopsided as things look, there is just no way for him to even pretend he'd be doing anything but once again crapping all over our democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I think the fact that polls are consistently showing him being obliterated gives him no leg to stand on, even with his GOPers, and certainly the vast majority of the public. If things were close, I think he might try it, but as lopsided as things look, there is just no way for him to even pretend he'd be doing anything but once again crapping all over our democracy.
      But he doesn't care about crapping all over our democracy which is why I think it's wrong to say there's no way he'd try it.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I think the fact that polls are consistently showing him being obliterated gives him no leg to stand on, even with his GOPers, and certainly the vast majority of the public. If things were close, I think he might try it, but as lopsided as things look, there is just no way for him to even pretend he'd be doing anything but once again crapping all over our democracy.
        What in your experience of watching him makes you think he needs a leg to stand on. His cult will believe anything he says. He was right that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose votes. The devotion is remarkable really.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          What in your experience of watching him makes you think he needs a leg to stand on. His cult will believe anything he says. He was right that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose votes. The devotion is remarkable really.
          It really is. I believe some of his supporters who claim to be Christians would call the risen Jesus a cuck and traitor if he came down on a divine light to denounce chairman Trump. It is amazing the loyalty a complete degenerate, incompetent, rodeo clown can engender. But those dies hards for Trump can't be more than 10% of the US population....though they probably do own about 50% of the guns.

Comment

• He will be worse than some of the televangelists begging for money to save the world. Might as well get as much money as possible before he goes out.

Comment

It really is. I believe some of his supporters who claim to be Christians would call the risen Jesus a cuck and traitor if he came down on a divine light to denounce chairman Trump. It is amazing the loyalty a complete degenerate, incompetent, rodeo clown can engender. But those dies hards for Trump can't be more than 10% of the US population....though they probably do own about 50% of the guns.
              I think they would say Jesus is part of the DEEP STATE actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                I think they would say Jesus is part of the DEEP STATE actually.
                I think if Jesus came back and said anything bad at all about Trump, Trump's reply would be "Jesus was a martyr, ok, yeah, because he died? I like martyr's that didn't die, okay?"

Comment

• It's hard for most of us to wrap our brains around the fact that so many of our fellow citizens are just awful fucking people. There's no other explanation for it, and it's depressing as hell. But, as I've said before, in a country founded on genocide and slavery, it shouldn't be surprising.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                    Friday, April 24. 6 weeks tomorrow.
                    Better hope for an outbreak given how allergic you are to ever admitting how wrong you are.
                    Remember when you called Trump ‘evil’ for not giving NY 30,000 ventilators? How many were they short again? I forget.
                    Don't call it a comeback. 10K cases in mid March, 26K on April 24th and 80K 3 months later, that's an 800% increase since they reopened. but you might see that as a positive..

Pretty much every reliable source has confirmed the USPS used chemicals irritants on unprovoked, peaceful protestor for Trumps glamour shot.

Finally, yeah I wish the mo9ther fucker dead. But I've changed my preferred How--I'd like to see him go out like Gadhafi did. Covid, lone gunman are both too good for his evil ass.

A ‘o ia
                    Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 07-04-2020, 02:47 AM.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      It's hard for most of us to wrap our brains around the fact that so many of our fellow citizens are just awful fucking people. There's no other explanation for it, and it's depressing as hell. But, as I've said before, in a country founded on genocide and slavery, it shouldn't be surprising.
                      I think it's humanity in general. I'd like to believe this is salvageable, but man--it's looking like a long road to get everyone to becoming basically decent. I'm sure there are those who might say I have a long way to go to be considered decent because I root for bad things to happen to bad people--but that's a cross I'll gladly bear. I believe the next 10-20 years will show us if we deserve to continue as a species or not--if we even make it that far.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        I think it's humanity in general. I'd like to believe this is salvageable, but man--it's looking like a long road to get everyone to becoming basically decent. I'm sure there are those who might say I have a long way to go to be considered decent because I root for bad things to happen to bad people--but that's a cross I'll gladly bear. I believe the next 10-20 years will show us if we deserve to continue as a species or not--if we even make it that far.
                        Jane Goodall doesn't exactly think so. Jane Goodall on conservation, climate change and COVID-19: "If we carry on with business as usual, we're going to destroy ourselves" https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jane-go...ent-interview/
                        Well, if we continue with business as usual, we're going to come to the point of no return. At a certain point the ecosystems of the world will just give up and collapse and that's the end of us eventually too.
                        I think her tone is kind of negative for her. that's where the world is at right now.

I think something happened in the last 10-20 years where we just devolved. I can't say exactly why. as I get older I certainly notice more chaos in my lifetime. I am pretty sure we are going to destroy ourselves and our species. 20 years ago I wouldn't think that. there's been plenty of chaos in the past but it's more global now.

it look like there is going to be chronic health repercussions from c-19. how did the 1918 flu eventually go away anyways? even healthy people that survive will have some measure of health deficiency from this. whether scars in the lungs develop into lung cancer. and what if we don't find a vaccine. every person with a health condition will become more vulnerable as we get older. this is a virus that infects all our vital organs. there's not going to be one do-it-all drug fix.

the problem is it's an RNA virus. it mutates a lot. and when you give it a chance to keep infecting it will become more transmissible through natural selection. and you could say because of the way we approached things we made it even worse. not that we could've done it but the ideal thing would've been to let the virus burn itself out and randomly mutate to a less contagious form. this is what happened to MERS and SARS. but because many people aren't taking it seriously it's evolving.

also, 300 elephants died recently mysteriously. they haven't been tested for the same reason some ppl might want to keep test results down cause it looks bad. but elephants have many ACE2 receptors and it was predicted they can be infected. Whales can too along with big cats. I am pretty sure what killed those elephants was c-19. mostly likely got it from inadequate water sanitation. c-19 can infect your digestive tract and can survive in water for up to 25 days.

what you are really seeing is the true nature of ppl when resources are compromised. they will steal, lie, kill etc.. when the shit hits the fan. but in reality our species has been doing that already but just to a less obvious extent. I wonder if ppl acted in such denial in 1918? we are in the middle of a pandemic, and ppl just don't get it. how can you not say we aren't doomed- whether from this or something else in the future. this year has pretty much established how we will react in a global crisis.

if this thing starts making elephants fall dead on their face, and whales to a lesser extent. our rise to the top the last 15 million years is just a tee shirt of the week. ..this is what nature does. she finds all the cracks in our armor and throws everything at us. nature is like cold or water, not matter how much insulation we have it finds a way to get in. she just did an end around on modern society. we think survival of the fittest is being environmentally short-sighted while the economic profits dictate fitness.

Comment

• Those looking for a 3rd party candidate in 2020 now have it--Kanye West is running. So there you go.

Comment

Those looking for a 3rd party candidate in 2020 now have it--Kanye West is running. So there you go.
                            With an Elon Musk endorsement no less!!

If Trump doesn't attack Kanye we can just assume it's a ploy to help Trump siphon a few votes of color away from Biden. Too Bad the Dems don't have a prominent White Supremist to run 3rd party, but then again--the GOP already is using that strategy.........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              With an Elon Musk endorsement no less!!

If Trump doesn't attack Kanye we can just assume it's a ploy to help Trump siphon a few votes of color away from Biden. Too Bad the Dems don't have a prominent White Supremist to run 3rd party, but then again--the GOP already is using that strategy.........
                              Oh, it is 100% a play for Biden votes, to get his boy Trump reelected. It won't work, though.

Comment

• Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, a VP possibility, tested positive for COVID.

Comment

Working...
                                X