Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    i would live in Kona on the Big Island. I like the different climates there. Volcanos NP is a place I love to hike as well. Kauai would be my second choice, but the traffic is getting bad there.
    Truthfully though, if my wife would agree to move, I would live on whichever island she wanted.
    That's interesting because I thought traffic on the Big Island was much worse so I'm guessing it must just have gotten worse on all the islands.

It's been 16 years since I've been on Kauai so I'd have to do some scouting first to determine. But Kapa'a seemed pretty nice.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I’ve only been to Oahu and Maui but Maui was just about my favorite place ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        That's interesting because I thought traffic on the Big Island was much worse so I'm guessing it must just have gotten worse on all the islands.

It's been 16 years since I've been on Kauai so I'd have to do some scouting first to determine. But Kapa'a seemed pretty nice.
        After what seemed like a decade of work, the road from Kona to the airport is now 4 lanes, which greatly improved traffic flow there. I haven’t been to Maui in about 10 years, but traffic on the BI moves much better than on Kauai and Oahu IMO. these days

Comment

Which part?
          yeah, I spent two weeks renting a cabin-ish place on the north shore of Kauai a few years ago ... could totally see retiring there. It's a bit secluded but there are enough services to get by for a couple of weeks without having to go into the city. If food's getting low, just grab a chicken.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Here’s a bit of good news that should bring a smile to both Democrats and Republicans:
            Steve King lost the primary in Iowa last night. Bye bye, Stevie.

Comment

• Hanalei? Princeville?

Comment

Hanalei? Princeville?
                just east of Princeville
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Here’s a bit of good news that should bring a smile to both Democrats and Republicans:
                  Steve King lost the primary in Iowa last night. Bye bye, Stevie.
                  It's a great thing but Feenstra is no great shakes either.

Comment

After what seemed like a decade of work, the road from Kona to the airport is now 4 lanes, which greatly improved traffic flow there. I haven’t been to Maui in about 10 years, but traffic on the BI moves much better than on Kauai and Oahu IMO. these days
                    Not sure how recently it was finished but I was on BI two years ago and spent way more time in traffic than I ever did on Kauai.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Not sure how recently it was finished but I was on BI two years ago and spent way more time in traffic than I ever did on Kauai.
                      Finished just prior to Thanksgiving of 2019. Next time you are there I think you will be pleasantly surprised. That late afternoon traffic from Hapuna down to Kona was brutal. Now it’s just bad.
                      I believe they are now making it 4 lanes to the Keahou turn off. Probably be done by 2030 or so.

Comment

• I remain skeptical of state polling this far out, but here are some new polls today from.

First Monmouth which is rated A+ on 538 puts out a national poll that has Biden up 52-41. 11 points will not be the number on election day, but that is a huge hole for a sitting President to be in.

Two state polls at least rated a B/C or better. One in North Carolina which is the B/C rated Harper poll puts Trump up 3 points at 47-44. NC polling will likely be within the margin of error on all the polls will see, this is a true tossup.

SHARE: Twitter Facebook Linkedin Email More RALEIGH – The latest Civitas Poll found that support for Gov. Roy Cooper among likely North Carolina voters is beginning to wane. The governor’s job approval is now at 63% (a 7% decrease since April 7, 2020) and his disapproval has climbed by 9%, going from 24% in April to...

Lastly Qunnipiac a B+ rated poll puts Trump up 44-43 in Texas. I have continued to downplay these Texas polls and again Texas isn't a tipping point in this election but if this stuff is real Trump is very real trouble.

Quinnipiac University Poll’s list of recent and past poll results for political races, state and national elections, and issues of public concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                          I remain skeptical of state polling this far out, but here are some new polls today from.

First Monmouth which is rated A+ on 538 puts out a national poll that has Biden up 52-41. 11 points will not be the number on election day, but that is a huge hole for a sitting President to be in.

Two state polls at least rated a B/C or better. One in North Carolina which is the B/C rated Harper poll puts Trump up 3 points at 47-44. NC polling will likely be within the margin of error on all the polls will see, this is a true tossup.

SHARE: Twitter Facebook Linkedin Email More RALEIGH – The latest Civitas Poll found that support for Gov. Roy Cooper among likely North Carolina voters is beginning to wane. The governor’s job approval is now at 63% (a 7% decrease since April 7, 2020) and his disapproval has climbed by 9%, going from 24% in April to...

Lastly Qunnipiac a B+ rated poll puts Trump up 44-43 in Texas. I have continued to downplay these Texas polls and again Texas isn't a tipping point in this election but if this stuff is real Trump is very real trouble.

https://poll.qu.edu/texas/release-detail?ReleaseID=3662
                          Some CNBC polls were released and (to me at least) they don’t make sense.

I have a hard time believing Trump is +4 in Pa and Biden is +3 in Florida. I could maybe, MAYBE, think that the opposite is true. Until I see some other Pa polls, I am thinking that is an outlier.

Comment

Some CNBC polls were released and (to me at least) they don’t make sense.

I have a hard time believing Trump is +4 in Pa and Biden is +3 in Florida. I could maybe, MAYBE, think that the opposite is true. Until I see some other Pa polls, I am thinking that is an outlier.
                            Yeah they were all rated C- by 538 so I haven’t been including them.

Comment

i would live in Kona on the Big Island. I like the different climates there. Volcanos NP is a place I love to hike as well. Kauai would be my second choice, but the traffic is getting bad there.
                              Truthfully though, if my wife would agree to move, I would live on whichever island she wanted.
                              Like you, I'd take any island. But I prefer a little more civilization with my island sometimes so I still think I'd go with Maui. Loved Hana last time I was there... Didnt make the drive all the way there the first time I was on Maui, but did last summer and stayed at a little place in Hana. Someday they need to build a decent road going west from Hana, really rough drive in some parts but the views on the dry, southern side of Haleakala are amazing.

The driving distance make Big a chore I thought, never ran into that much traffic but I went in Nov/Dec 2017 which is kind of low season I guess. Stayed near Kalapana for 2 nights and then drove across the island to Kona for the rest of our stay.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X