Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    He does have a point about CBB
    I find CBB to be a valuable differing voice in here. Your opinion may differ and that’s fine too but I don’t consider him a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      He does have a point about CBB
      CBB seems like a nice enough fellow to me (he ribs the libs, as they say, but I can't blame him being in hostile territory and all), but he is also proof to me that debate and consensus is really not possible for many people.

It is one thing to look at reality and determine a different path based on that shared reality. I get that and can appreciate that. It is an entirely different matter when politics have poisoned the underlying fountains of knowledge to the point that one's perception of reality is vastly different from each other. We cannot have meaningful discussion and debate if we do not agree on the underlying reality. If we believe that every source that supports a version of reality that differs from our beliefs is faux, there is no hope. I can debate with someone like Chance, and even learn from him, because we share a similar sense of what constitutes credible sources of information. But folks who don't believe scientific consensus and prefer to follow the advice of non-experts with absolutely no knowledge or understanding of a subject (like taking Trump's advice on which COVID-19 treatment is effective as just one of many examples)...we see reality differently, so there is no point in trying to understand each other. Our underlying understanding of facts and the truth are totally different. When people decide what to believe based on what they already believe, we have no hope of coming to a place of mutual understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        I find CBB to be a valuable differing voice in here. Your opinion may differ and that’s fine too but I don’t consider him a troll.
        He hasn't answered one question I've put to him, so yes--I guess my opinion of him is different than yours, you at least respond--even when you're wrong
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          CBB seems like a nice enough fellow to me (he ribs the libs, as they say, but I can't blame him being in hostile territory and all), but he is also proof to me that debate and consensus is really not possible for many people.

It is one thing to look at reality and determine a different path based on that shared reality. I get that and can appreciate that. It is an entirely different matter when politics have poisoned the underlying fountains of knowledge to the point that one's perception of reality is vastly different from each other. We cannot have meaningful discussion and debate if we do not agree on the underlying reality. If we believe that every source that supports a version of reality that differs from our beliefs is faux, there is no hope. I can debate with someone like Chance, and even learn from him, because we share a similar sense of what constitutes credible sources of information. But folks who don't believe scientific consensus and prefer to follow the advice of non-experts with absolutely no knowledge or understanding of a subject (like taking Trump's advice on which COVID-19 treatment is effective as just one of many examples)...we see reality differently, so there is no point in trying to understand each other. Our underlying understanding of facts and the truth are totally different. When people decide what to believe based on what they already believe, we have no hope of coming to a place of mutual understanding.
          So you agree, jessie has a point.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Ok, thanks again!
            I guess we all have different definitions for pathetic. Mine would be spamming a message board in support of a two time failed Presidential candidate in a country where I can’t vote. Your mileage may vary.
            Alright, defining "pathetic", this should be fun.

First, among the handful of right wingers here, I've always found you, nots, to be one of the more reasonable posters. In most cases, you defend your positions. You also skew much closer to reality than the conspiratorial and unfounded bullshit many right wingers engage in. I even agree with a lot of your points about the shitty things Democrats say or do. That's why I asked you to defend Libertarianism, given this new reality. I thought if any Libertarian could have the common sense to see that the current reality changes the equation regarding implementing Libertarian policies, it might be you. My comment displays my disappointment that I have to lump you in with the trolls.

You call my posting on here "spam"? I call it doing exactly what I asked you to do, defend your position. The fact that you're unwilling to do so on this point shows that you're quite a lot closer to the other self-proclaimed Libertarians than I realized. Completely unwilling to defend your position. Yes, that's pathetic.

Further, you mock the fact that I pay attention to other countries. What do you think Chancellor does on here all of the time? He follows world events, politics, etc, and he posts about them. He seems to spend an inordinate amount of time on world issues, and I appreciate his take on these, even if I've had major issues with some of his positions. Is Chancellor pathetic?

I realize most Americans only pay attention to America. Nothing else matters. This myopic tendency makes your country collectively dumber. It's why Trump is likely to win again. Ignorance is celebrated. Now that is definitely pathetic.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

It always comes down to my favourite CBB quote: "I don't need to defend the things I post."

He lets you know out in front that he's just trolling. That's why I stopped bothering with him.

For what it's worth, I don't get along with practically anybody here, left or right. I'm not afraid to attack the positions of either side because I dig deeper than red team blue team. Most folks are unwilling to deviate from their party's stated position (or MSNBC or Fox News' positions) in almost any way. That's why I'm universally disliked here, I don't have a team. I appreciate several right wing contributors and several left wingers, I dislike several of each. But I'm glad to be a unifying force for the board in its loathing for me. I'd hate to be completely useless.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                It always comes down to my favourite CBB quote: "I don't need to defend the things I post."

He lets you know out in front that he's just trolling. That's why I stopped bothering with him.

For what it's worth, I don't get along with practically anybody here, left or right. I'm not afraid to attack the positions of either side because I dig deeper than red team blue team. Most folks are unwilling to deviate from their party's stated position (or MSNBC or Fox News' positions) in almost any way. That's why I'm universally disliked here, I don't have a team. I appreciate several right wing contributors and several left wingers, I dislike several of each. But I'm glad to be a unifying force for the board in its loathing for me. I'd hate to be completely useless.
                You are not batting very well today.

There are some posters here who have publicly stated they like you and your style.

I do not care for your style. I am however glad you are here and would miss you if you left.

Comment

I agree with a lot of what you say TW. I just dont have the time or desire to post here much anymore.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    I agree with a lot of what you say TW. I just dont have the time or desire to post here much anymore.
                    Understandable - what fun is visiting this board if you can't complain that Mike Trout went 0-4 one day, that friggin scrub?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      You are not batting very well today.

There are some posters here who have publicly stated they like you and your style.

I do not care for your style. I am however glad you are here and would miss you if you left.
                      You're right, some folks like some bits of what I post. Every pig finds a truffle now and then. But sticking with the analogy, I usually play around in the muck and the shit.

nots and I have been pretty complimentary to each other in the past, so I don't take his jabs very seriously.

Comment

• The polls are not showing good news for the bad guys at the moment. Arizona continues to lean Democrat, both with Biden & Kelly, and this is a state that hasn't gone Blue in a Presidential Election since 1992. Florida also shows a consistent blue bias, with Biden up around 6% there. States like Georgia & Texas are becoming very competitive, and Senatorial races in historically red states like North Carolina and Montana are showing very tight races.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          Understandable - what fun is visiting this board if you can't complain that Mike Trout went 0-4 one day, that friggin scrub?
                          What fun is visiting the board if you can't treat Mith like dogshit, right?

I don't enjoy the running gags/harassment of Mith. Get some new material. If a poster is in fight-mode, fine, have a go. But taking a post about feeling shunned by the board, and doubling-down... that's called being a bully and an asshole.

1jay hasn't been here in over a month. Not a wonder why with this group of jackals.

Comment

I don't enjoy the running gags/harassment of Mith. Get some new material. If a poster is in fight-mode, fine, have a go. But taking a post about feeling shunned by the board, and doubling-down... that's called being a bully and an asshole.

1jay hasn't been here in over a month. Not a wonder why with this group of jackals.
                            Leaving this here for the irony of it all.

All "Hot Button" Topics -- politics, race relations, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, etc. in here!

Comment

Okay, cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Leaving this here for the irony of it all.

http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...527#post347527
                                Thanks for reminding me of how Chancellor made a super fucked up racist comment and refused to answer for it.

Chancellor is such a smart guy in many ways. The racist comment he made was so disgusting, and his absolute refusal to answer for it was equally lacking integrity.

I'm glad he's back and posting more thoughtfully, but I still believe its cowardly yo refuse to answer for what you post.

Comment

Working...
                                X