Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Well, his uncle was a words person. He went to the very best schools. So that is why he knows them too. It's in the blood. The very best blood.
    Blood is wet, he has the wettest blood and it's red, white and blue all at the same time!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Trump goes 42-57 in today's Ramussen that is his worst net approval since Dec 2017 at -15.

The statewide Pres. and senate polls have not been from any of the highly rated pollsters lately, but they are the only data we have to look at right now all of these are rated B/C on 538

NC Biden and Trump tied at 47

AZ Biden 47 Trump 45

UT Trump 44 Biden 41 (I don't believe this, but this was the polling data from this one poll)

Senate

NC Cunningham 46 Tillis 44 - This race is going to be close

AZ Kelly 51 McSally 41 - The fundraising numbers, polling, and McSally's poor favorable numbers here make me think this race could move to lean D before election day.

EDIT - Adding the two late morning polls from SC

Trump 52 - Biden 42 - No surprise here

SC Senate
      Graham 42 - Harrison 42 - Same poll that has Trump up 10 that has Graham tied, now that means a lot of undecided but inside the poll you get some details...

3. Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Lindsey Graham?
      Favorable 35%
      Unfavorable 56%
      Unsure 9%

4. Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Jaime Harrison?
      Favorable 35%
      Unfavorable 28%
      Unsure 37%

8. Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Donald Trump?
      Favorable 51%
      Unfavorable 47%
      Unsure 3%

Graham is 16 points under Trump and 21 points underwater. He only has 9% unsure, Harrison has 37% unsure. I wonder if Harrison can sell himself enough and drive out a large enough black vote to make this one interesting.
      Last edited by frae; 05-27-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Down goes Klobuchar...…….No chance at the VP slot now. Not after she chose NOT to prosecute the officer who killed George Floyd when he was accused of excessive violence (9 times) in the past. Now he kills an African American citizen, on video, without remorse and he was in a position to do so because Klobuchar has a record of backing LOEs in these kinds of cases. Well, she's fucked now because there's NO way they can add he to the ticket and not cost themselves the Black Vote. None.

So do they roll onto Harris or back to Abrams?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Down goes Klobuchar...…….No chance at the VP slot now. Not after she chose NOT to prosecute the officer who killed George Floyd when he was accused of excessive violence (9 times) in the past. Now he kills an African American citizen, on video, without remorse and he was in a position to do so because Klobuchar has a record of backing LOEs in these kinds of cases. Well, she's fucked now because there's NO way they can add he to the ticket and not cost themselves the Black Vote. None.

So do they roll onto Harris or back to Abrams?
          I just can't see him picking Harris; Jill publicly called her out after the first debate so they must have been livid. Abrams possibly, but I'd still guess either Witmer or Warren. I thought Klobuchar would be a bad pick before this, but yes her chances just dropped to 0.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I just can't see him picking Harris; Jill publicly called her out after the first debate so they must have been livid. Abrams possibly, but I'd still guess either Witmer or Warren. I thought Klobuchar would be a bad pick before this, but yes her chances just dropped to 0.
            Right now I'm hoping Whitmer, I'm also thinking he needs to go with a women of color to offset anymore issues he might have in that area.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Right now I'm hoping Whitmer, I'm also thinking he needs to go with a women of color to offset anymore issues he might have in that area.
              I agree 100%, Klobuchar is done for. I still think Harris is the fave, and I’ll also put some money on Lujan Grisham.

Comment

• Thinking about it more, if the Dems want to prove they're serious about fixing civil rights while our Dickhead-in-Chief uses 1960s era slogans and dog whistle racial terminology, they almost certainly have to pick an African-American VP, so my money's on Harris or Abrams.

Comment

• Warren makes some sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                    Warren makes some sense.
                    Won't get past the Sanders delegates

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I like Warren, but adding a 70-something white woman from a Northern state that’s already in the bag doesn’t seem to add much cache. She’d be much better for a Cabinet position.

I’d be shocked if it didn’t come from the quartet of Harris, Abrams, Whitmer or Lujan Grisham.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I like Warren, but adding a 70-something white woman from a Northern state that’s already in the bag doesn’t seem to add much cache. She’d be much better for a Cabinet position.

I’d be shocked if it didn’t come from the quartet of Harris, Abrams, Whitmer or Lujan Grisham.
                        I'd love to see Gabbard get the nod, but I believe, as you have mentioned, that a woman of color is a lock for the vp slot.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I like Warren, but adding a 70-something white woman from a Northern state that’s already in the bag doesn’t seem to add much cache. She’d be much better for a Cabinet position.

Warren doesn't seem to make sense since he's either going to use the VP slot to shore up his support in the African-American community after the "you ain't black" comment or he's going to use it to appeal to the Sanders faction, and there seems to be very little love for Warren among that group right now.

Comment

• I think with Amy K basically done now Harris is the front runner. I still do like Whitmer, but while Biden won the nomination because of the African American vote he needs to drive it out. MI and PA are trending back blue and Biden is supposed to be the one delivering working-class white voters. The way events are playing out with Cortez Masto saying she doesn't want the nomination I think this will be Harris. Biden needs to deliver PA, WI and MI white working-class voters and Harris needs to drive African American turnout.

Comment

• If you're looking for diversity look no further than Liz Warren serving up some pow-wow chow!

She's got the progressives too, just ask her good friend Bernie!

What an idiot. She's trying so hard right now, shitting on M4A like I knew she would. Thats not enough, ya snake-ass bitch. Slither back into your hole. The crowd wants a black woman, doesn't matter who. Also very selfish of her trying to tank the nomination. She should know how narrow her base of white wealthy highly educated voters is.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms is another possibility.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X