Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161
Results 1,601 to 1,609 of 1609

Thread: Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Dude that's just a ridiculous interpretation of his comments.
    Not as ridiculous as defending his abortion stance. Take a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    The MSM hates Trump with a passion and wants him gone, but oh, of all the Dem candidates looking to take Trump down, they also hate Bernie too. And front-runner Biden doesn't have a target on his back? Seems like a major cop out, but OK. Not surprising.

And what "precipitous slide?" Between January and May, Biden was polling consistently between 27-30 and held a about a 9 pt lead over his chief rival, Bernie. Now he's at 32% in the RCP average and has a 16 pt lead. Sure, he's down from his initial official entry bump, but he's still WAY above where he was earlier this year.
    Sliding 42 down to 32 since his announcement is... not sliding? Okay... where will Biden be 2 months from now, 2 weeks after the 2nd debates? Down from 32 or up? I would guess he sheds 5-10 more pts in that time.

Edit to add: i have no clue what you're saying about MSM, turn down the sarcasm level so I can understand your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Not as ridiculous as defending his abortion stance. Take a shot!
    Acknowledging that abortions are undesirable and that decreasing the number of abortions is a shared goal does not equal saying reproductive rights should be reduced. You're blinded by your loathing of Biden and that's why others rarely respond to your posts about him.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Acknowledging that abortions are undesirable and that decreasing the number of abortions is a shared goal does not equal saying reproductive rights should be reduced. You're blinded by your loathing of Biden and that's why others rarely respond to your posts about him.
    "I do not view abortion as a choice and a right."

I think your reading comprehension needs work.

Biden is not as left as a lot of the party here, but he has regularly supported Roe v Wade and as long as he is nominating judges who see Roe v Wade as law of the land I can live with that. He has backtracked on Hyde now and will probably wind up moving a little left on somethings if he wants to be the nominee the same way McCain had to move right. Again he isn't my first choice, but if he is the nominee I'll fall in line. Party primaries are always interesting, the most active people in a primary are the people who are more left or right in your party but nominating the people that represent that group isn't always a winning formula. We will see where this goes, there is such a long way to go, we are what 6 plus months from the first primary?
    Last edited by frae; Yesterday at 03:09 PM.

Right, ignoring context for a gotcha sound bite is the fundamental building block of comprehension.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Right, ignoring context for a gotcha sound bite is the fundamental building block of comprehension.
    There's no gotcha quotes. There's like 40 years of him saying the same things. He's furthest right on the issue among the Democratic candidates. Whether that helps or hurts him in a general election is another question, but it shouldn't help him in the primary. That's all I'm saying.

South of the Cheedar Curtain, in the land of the FIBs
    Beating Trump doesn't mean shit without giving solutions to fix the problems. Just saying "Trump is evil and bad and his supporters are deplorable" is going to lose again. That's what Biden would do. My hatred of Biden is specifically because he would likely lose to Trump, certainly the most likely to lose to Trump...

So beating Trump is also my priority! I'm just watching the goings on of the campaign cycle closer than you polling nerds.

You prefer to ignore reality, that's fine. I think reading heavily into polling before the 1st of 12 debates while ignoring the day to day happenings is goofy as fuck. I also find it funny that you haven't mentioned Biden's precipitous slide in polling. Slidin' Biden, there's one for Trump.

Nobody taking me up on my avatar bet that Biden loses? I wanna say he drops outside the top 3, but I would do an avatar bet that he doesn't take the nomination. C'mon, you were so confident a month ago, when I said Biden would go down and down as folks find out what a scumbag he is. It's been happening, down 10 pts on RCP. He keeps doing self inflicted damage, I post about it, and you all defend it... yet its cost him 25% of his support, and he hasn't even been in the public eye! Gee, I wonder why nobody will take me up on my bet? Seems my record is pretty solid to this point.
    Iíve got one piece of advice for any Democrat. Whether you think it to be true or not, itís probably not real smart to piss off his purported supporters by calling them deplorables. We saw how well that worked in 2016! Many are not as enamored with him as you seemingly think. But if you call them names, theyíre probably going to tune out the Dems and vote party over person.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

In my life I have never seen, 18 months out, a chance for a landslide in a Presidential election for both parties.

if Trump got off Twitter, laid low, and actually offered sensible projects such as infrastructure, I would think he keeps his base and can win easily if the economy cooperates.

yeah, I doubt that happens. so if the Dems put up a sensible candidate, they could crush him.
    36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    KILLING it in June, now 6th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Roark 8, Samardzija 1, PLopez 1, Mahle
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Moronta, Guerrero
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte 10, SS BCrawford 9, 2S CBarnes 8
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, Dyson 8, Bruce, Cooper, UT Naylor 5
    IL: SP CSmith 1, SP Cueto 1, 1B Beaty*, SS EGonzalez 2, OF CDickerson 17*, OF Quinn
    minors: OFs NWilliams 2*, Daza, RDavis