Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread: Election 2020

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I agree with this. Are you feeling well? If anyone does not believe it, look at the large donations to AOC and Beto.

The Democrats have become the party of the elites--Academia and K-12, Hollywood, Silicon Valley, Social media, News media, Law--and a chunk of banking and Wall Street. It should be no surprise that among whites most liberal demographic is the also most educated.

It happens that highly educated whites is also the least tolerant sector, but that's another thread.

J
    Having a K-12 education makes someone part of the liberal elite now?

Or is there another K-12 reference that I missing here?
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Having a K-12 education makes someone part of the liberal elite now?

Or is there another K-12 reference that I missing here?
    I think he meant K9, purse poodles and such

was channel surfing last night, and CNN was nearing the end of one of its Town Halls with one of the 250 people who are running for President next year.

it's that guy Hickenlooper from Colorado, who apparently was a very successful Governor there.

he's pretty goofy, and that may be a toupee. I missed the beginning of the story, but apparently he had a serious girlfriend at age 18 as a freshman in college. he said his Dad had died when he was 8, and he never understood growing up how lonely his Mom really was.

so he brings the girl home, and figures he'll politely ask if Mom wants to go to the movies with them - though it's a newfangled 'X' movie, whatever that means - assuming, of course, she would say no.

she's lonely enough, so she says yes to be a third wheel.
    the movie turns out to be ........ "Deep Throat."
    lol x 1000

he's begging her to let them all leave only 5 minutes into the 'action' - but Mom says no, it's fine, let's all just watch the movie.

a brutal ride home, silent. then Mom chimes in with, "I thought the lighting was nice."

he didn't even tell the story that well. but I think I have my guy.
    heading into my 36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    AVG collapse last Sept left us finishing 4th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

UPDATED! 2019 keeper candidates (can keep up to 11)
    SP AWood 5-DL, CSmith 1, DHolland 10
    RP Jeffress 1-DL, Dominguez 10, Knebel 2-DL
    C Realmuto 13, 2S KMarte 10, 2B Kendrick 8-DL?
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, FCordero 10, Williamson 10

Paul Krugman in the NY Times Op-Ed today...

Don’t Make Health Care a Purity Test

There are multiple ways to achieve universal coverage.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/21/o...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    Paul Krugman in the NY Times Op-Ed today...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/21/o...gtype=Homepage
    I think the main point of progressives, is that if you enter a negotiation starting at a point of concession, with a goal of bipartisan compromise... you will get nothing. Enter with the strongest starting position possible and then you have more room to compromise later if that's the only path forward. But don't bend the knee before you have the debate. That's idiotic.

This is why so many progressives have abandoned Warren early. Her multiple equivocations on health care show her to be a poor negotiator and poor advocate on that issue. I'm surprised that Bernie is the only candidate speaking without stuttering on health care, but it seems like it will help him more than hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Having a K-12 education makes someone part of the liberal elite now? Or is there another K-12 reference that I missing here?
    My bad. It's a reference to administrators. I can see that it could be taken as a swipe at teachers, which is not intended.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude