No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that Senator Tim Scott is becoming increasingly vocal about his party's pattern of failure to strongly condemn racist elements and racist speech/messaging within the party. I also wonder if Scott might consider a 2020 primary challenge to Trump.

Comment

• https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ia/2572042002/

to be fair and well-rounded:

Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King was removed from his House committees Monday in the wake of comments he made last week about white nationalism and white supremacy.

“Leader McCarthy’s decision to remove me from committees is a political decision that ignores the truth," King said in a statement Monday night. He also said on Twitter that his "freedom of speech" was under "unprecedented assault."

House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy of California said Sunday he would take action after King told the New York Times: “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”

Many Republicans spoken out against King's remarks, including Iowa Sens. Chuck Grassley and Joni Ernst. Both had previously campaigned with King.

The decision to remove King from the judiciary, agriculture and small business committees metes out a punishment for the Kiron representative that is highly unusual but that McCarthy said is warranted.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Yes, I was glad to see that GOP leadership took action against King. I also think that Senator Scott helped catalyze that.

Comment

• Meanwhile, when the President was asked to weigh in on Steve King's comments to the NY Times, Trump said, "I haven't been following it. I really haven't been following it."

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Meanwhile, when the President was asked to weigh in on Steve King's comments to the NY Times, Trump said, "I haven't been following it. I really haven't been following it."
            The guy watches the news 20 hours a day -- how did he not hear about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              The guy watches the news 20 hours a day -- how did he not hear about it?
              Was Fox still too busy covering Rep. Tlaib's "motherf-er" comment to get around to Rep. King's "when did white supremacist become offensive" comment?

Comment

• Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand officially throws her hat in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  Meanwhile, when the President was asked to weigh in on Steve King's comments to the NY Times, Trump said, "I haven't been following it. I really haven't been following it."
                  It is the same tact he took when asked about David Duke. He knows white supremacists are among his most ardent supporters. They helped him get elected. He panders to them all the time. Nothing new here. He is a racist, and he supports racists.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                    Only if you are trying to tell us he was ever a Republican!
                    Definitely that.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    It is the same tact he took when asked about David Duke. He knows white supremacists are among his most ardent supporters. They helped him get elected. He panders to them all the time. Nothing new here. He is a racist, and he supports racists.
                    Trump has tact. You heard it here first.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Definitely that.

Trump has tact. You heard it here first.

J
                      The word was used sarcastically. Trump has no tact nor intelligence nor common decency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        The word was used sarcastically. Trump has no tact nor intelligence nor common decency.
                        If you say he has no intelligence, then you are being willfully blind.

Reread your statement. There was nothing sarcastic about the way you used the word tact.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          If you say he has no intelligence, then you are being willfully blind.

Reread your statement. There was nothing sarcastic about the way you used the word tact.

J
                          I don't need to reread what I wrote. I know my intent, and it was dripping with derisiveness for a president whose "tact" when answering any question about racists is to feign ignorance of the subject. He is a scumbag, and while I admit he has a certain level of animal cunning and an intuitive sense for pandering, and exhibits, at times, average mental capacities, he has failed to cultivate the habits of mind that forms a true intellect. If you think differently, you have not been paying attention. Reexamine his entire body of work.

Comment

• I'll just put this here:

Comment

I don't need to reread what I wrote. I know my intent, and it was dripping with derisiveness for a president whose "tact" when answering any question about racists is to feign ignorance of the subject. He is a scumbag, and while I admit he has a certain level of animal cunning and an intuitive sense for pandering, and exhibits, at times, average mental capacities, he has failed to cultivate the habits of mind that forms a true intellect. If you think differently, you have not been paying attention. Reexamine his entire body of work.
                              Fine. You did not say what you meant.

You did say it, though.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Fine. You did not say what you meant. You did say it, though.

As for his body of work, Republicans like him more than Democrats liked Obama. If he runs, there is next to no chance he does not get re-elected. His body of work is too impressive.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X