Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Well, I have pitched Mayor Pete to moderates I know. My personal ranking of Warren ahead of him has to do with several things. 1. She is older, more experienced, and has accomplished more. She has a track record of successes on the national stage. There are issues I am more progressive than moderate on, and I like that Warren will fight for those things, and pull further left than the moderates will. I recognize that you and many others see that as a negative, but my pitch for her is that despite being very progressive, I do think she is a pragmatist at heart, and I don't see that as a negative. I think she will end up compromising on the issue it seems concerns you most--the massive costs of implementation of Med4All. I also think she may run into problems implementing the wealth tax. I just think, if she won, when the dust settles, you may be ideologically against her positions, but she will not end up negatively impacting your life, and she will end up helping a lot of Americans in many ways.
    I'd take a ticket of Warren/Mayor Pete in a heartbeat.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      I'd take a ticket of Warren/Mayor Pete in a heartbeat.
      I would too, but I doubt it happens. Mayor Pete won't help Warren with POC and other demographics she needs the most help with. In fact, that is both their biggest weakness now.

Comment

This is a luxury many have if their state is going to carry one way or another in certainty--Like Calif. It's going Dem no matter what. If your vote lies in a battleground state, a vote for anyone other than the Democratic Nominee is a vote for Trump.

Is Trump preferable to Warren or Sanders in your opinion?
        No, as a human being he isn’t but It’s a false choice. I likely (depending on the nominee) will have someone to vote for who shares my values as a Libertarian.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
          No, as a human being he isn’t but It’s a false choice. I likely (depending on the nominee) will have someone to vote for who shares my values as a Libertarian.
          I don't understand how this is a false choice in a battleground state. Please explain.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I don't understand how this is a false choice in a battleground state. Please explain.
            . I don’t have to vote for the less terrible candidate (IMO) when I can vote for someone I like, even if that person likely won’t win.
            I get that you don’t agree with my world view. I ask you to understand that I don’t agree with yours. Voting for Warren would be against nearly everything I value.

Comment

. I don’t have to vote for the less terrible candidate (IMO) when I can vote for someone I like, even if that person likely won’t win.
              I get that you don’t agree with my world view. I ask you to understand that I don’t agree with yours. Voting for Warren would be against nearly everything I value.
              I can understand that. If she is the nom, I do hope you don't live in a decisive state, though. i live in NY, so really my vote doesn't matter. Which, changing topics, is why I have never liked the EC. But I know bringing that up now sounds like whining about Trump. But I never liked it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I can understand that. If she is the nom, I do hope you don't live in a decisive state, though. i live in NY, so really my vote doesn't matter. Which, changing topics, is why I have never liked the EC. But I know bringing that up now sounds like whining about Trump. But I never liked it.
                IIRC, nots is a Jerseyan like me. Our votes are pretty irrelevant.

Comment

I absolutely understand. And I do respect voting for something or someone you believe in. But I don't believe an individual has existed in modern politics that has done or could do more damage to the country than Trump.

That's not even taking his vile self into consideration.

But I always advocate for people to be themselves.

I also know you'll own your choice, regardless of what the impact it my have.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    They still vote in Jersey?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

They still vote in Jersey?
                      Judging from all the signage I see driving around town, they at least promote candidates - that's for sure.

Comment

Well, not really anymore. I live in Florida now, though I still do own a seasonal restaurant at the Jersey Shore. I voted in the 2016 Democratic Primary in NJ
                        and in the 2016 General in Florida.

Comment

Well, not really anymore. I live in Florida now, though I still do own a seasonal restaurant at the Jersey Shore. I voted in the 2016 Democratic Primary in NJ
                          and in the 2016 General in Florida.
                          Well then, only my vote is irrelevant. Yours may actually have an impact on the outcome.

Comment

Well then, only my vote is irrelevant. Yours may actually have an impact on the outcome.
                            Maybe lol. My biggest nightmare would be a Trump-Warren-Gary Johnson ballot.

Comment

• Interesting poll from Iowa. Trump won Iowa by 9.5% over Clinton in 2016. Sanders leads the way, an almost 12% swing from '16:

Code:
                              Iowa: Trump vs. Biden	Emerson	Trump 51, Biden 49	Trump +2
                              Iowa: Trump vs. Warren	Emerson	Trump 51, Warren 49	Trump +2
                              Iowa: Trump vs. Sanders	Emerson	Sanders 51, Trump 49	[B]Sanders +[/B]2

Comment

• This is a disturbing allegation from HRC about Tulsi being a Russian asset propped up to be a spoiler 3rd party candidate to help Trump get reelected. I am surprised she made this allegation. What do you all think of it?https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ird-party-2020
                                Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-18-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X