Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizzy trying her best to become relevant:
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Monday proposed eliminating the student loan debts of tens of millions of Americans and making all public colleges tuition-free, staking out an ambitious stance on one of the central policy debates of the 2020 Democratic primary.

After already promising Med4All and Reparations, she is now out with a bold plan to cancel student debt, as well as make all 2 and 4 year public colleges free (in the hopes her candidacy actually appeals to someone). Plan is projected to cost 1.25T over 10 years, but she plans to pay for part of it with her 2% rich person tax. No word on where the rest of the money is to come from.
    Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess, practicality be damned.

Comment

• Yes, because practicality is of utmost importance, but only for Democrats.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Yes, because practicality is of utmost importance, but only for Democrats.
        Just because the GOP does stupid things, doesn’t mean your team needs to as well. But keep promising free stuff with no real thought into how to pay for it and then act surprised when Trump wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
          Just because the GOP does stupid things, doesn’t mean your team needs to as well. But keep promising free stuff with no real thought into how to pay for it and then act surprised when Trump wins.
          You mean like how Trump promised his supporters a border wall?

Comment

• I hate that we can waste half a billion dollars a year on the military budget that doesn't really benefit everyday Americans, but if something is proposed that does benefit them there is no money to pay for it.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I hate that we can waste half a billion dollars a year on the military budget that doesn't really benefit everyday Americans, but if something is proposed that does benefit them there is no money to pay for it.
              Do you mean half a trillion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Do you mean half a trillion?
                yes. someone was paying attention
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I hate our freedom
                  Fixed...

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

yes. someone was paying attention
                    Based on past discussions, I can anticipate the retort. Despite the fact that there is near consensus among this group of posters, and I believe it is also the majority opinion of most Americans, that are defense budget is incredibly bloated, no politicians on either side will actually do anything t fix it in a substantive way, so it is what it is. So,we can't rely on saving there to pay for stuff I think almost all of us agree would make for a better use of tax dollars. It will be interesting to see if Bernie actually manages to put a dent in the defense budget, if he gets elected. Even with him, I guess he or his team knows it isn't a winning strategy to talk much about cuts there to help pay for things like M4A.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Fixed...

LOL. So true. Any critique of the MIC immediately gets attacked as Un-American. It would be great if someone had the guts to push back.

Comment

• Originally posted by sour masher View Post
                        you mean like how trump promised his supporters a border wall?
                        5.4b< 1.25t.

Comment

I hate that we can waste half a billion dollars a year on the military budget that doesn't really benefit everyday Americans, but if something is proposed that does benefit them there is no money to pay for it.
                          Did Sen Warren propose a cut in our military budget to pay in part for her new programs?

Comment

Based on past discussions, I can anticipate the retort. Despite the fact that there is near consensus among this group of posters, and I believe it is also the majority opinion of most Americans, that are defense budget is incredibly bloated, no politicians on either side will actually do anything t fix it in a substantive way, so it is what it is. So,we can't rely on saving there to pay for stuff I think almost all of us agree would make for a better use of tax dollars. It will be interesting to see if Bernie actually manages to put a dent in the defense budget, if he gets elected. Even with him, I guess he or his team knows it isn't a winning strategy to talk much about cuts there to help pay for things like M4A.
                            He is probably the only one that might actually have the guts to address it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              He is probably the only one that might actually have the guts to address it.
                              Also Tulsi Gabbard, and Gabbard has more weight behind her as a former service member. It's too bad she's got no shot. She's climbed into nearly either/or status with Bernie for me.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

yeah, I don't know how this gets turned around.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X