Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I'm not a fan of Gabbard's strategy of calling the DNC debate process a "rigged" system. I get she is frustrated by arbitrary benchmarks, but there is a logic behind them, especially with a field as big as it is. I think it is a strategic mistake if she skips the next debate (assuming she meets the thresholds to even make the stage, which so far she has not), and a mistake to use such language about the process, given how that will just be used by Trump down the road. She can voice these concerns, and point out how arbitrary polling and early fund raising benchmarks are, without using such loaded terms. Fox News is running with her comments, one of which is below. I know TW and others may agree with these comments, and I too see some truth in them, but I think they represent a strategic error on her part. She is just hurting her party and future prospects by phrasing her frustrations like this:

“They are attempting to replace the roles of voters in the early states, using polling and other arbitrary methods which are not transparent or democratic, and holding so-called debates which are not debates at all but rather commercialized reality television meant to entertain, not inform or enlighten,” Gabbard said. “In short, the DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process.”
    I agree with you. She is spot on in what she says, but it’s a bad look for her and I say that as an unabashed supporter of hers. I think very highly of her however,
    She needs to drop out, fight off a very tough primary challenge to win re-election and then run for Governor, as Ige is term limited. Her youth and lack of political immaturity is very clear, but I believe she will be heard from again.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Tulsi also was quick to criticize the impeachment inquiry. Her candidacy was DOA from day one and she's just whining about it like a pathetic child.
      Being against impeachment on the Ukraine issue, again, shows her openly courting Republicans. Attacking the DNC should get her more airtime all around, and further bolster her support among Republicans and Independents. Not the dumbest move for a candidate in the 2-3% range.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Being against impeachment on the Ukraine issue, again, shows her openly courting Republicans. Attacking the DNC should get her more airtime all around, and further bolster her support among Republicans and Independents. Not the dumbest move for a candidate in the 2-3% range.
        It depends upon her objective. I admit I'm not a fan, but it seems like the move of a person who doesn't plan to be a Democrat for too much longer.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Is it possible that the top Dem candidates all select their ticketmate well in advance of the primaries? Rumors flying that Warren would go with Andrew Gillum as her running mate should she win the nom; this of course, on top of the old rumors that Biden would go with Stacey Abrams.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Is it possible that the top Dem candidates all select their ticketmate well in advance of the primaries? Rumors flying that Warren would go with Andrew Gillum as her running mate should she win the nom; this of course, on top of the old rumors that Biden would go with Stacey Abrams.
            It seems like this kind of rumor gets tossed around a lot, but it never happens. I think it's better to wait until you've essentially secured the nomination to assess one's head-to-head polling weaknesses and opportunities, particularly in the swingable states, conduct a through vetting process, and announce shortly before the convention. That said, I do think that Warren's biggest need may be someone who can spark enthusiasm and maximize turnout among African-American voters, so Gillum and Abrams seem like reasonable options, but I'd want to see their internal polling data on how either of them impacts African-American turnout in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              It seems like this kind of rumor gets tossed around a lot, but it never happens. I think it's better to wait until you've essentially secured the nomination to assess one's head-to-head polling weaknesses and opportunities, particularly in the swingable states, conduct a through vetting process, and announce shortly before the convention. That said, I do think that Warren's biggest need may be someone who can spark enthusiasm and maximize turnout among African-American voters, so Gillum and Abrams seem like reasonable options, but I'd want to see their internal polling data on how either of them impacts African-American turnout in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.
              I agree with this and I'd add Florida to the list. Gillum was popular and nearly won in Florida. Florida would be a huge EC get, and I think it will be in play now that, to a limited degree, some felons have had ex-voting rights restored. There is still maneuvering going on that will suppress that turn out, but there may be enough there to make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                So Art, tell me exactly why you do NOT support Trump.

All the things he's done to lose your respect.

The list should be easy and lengthy, but hey I'll leave it up to you to prove I'm the bad guy in this scenario.
                Still waiting...……….
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                  This is what you should have posted instead of what you did previously post.
                  Possibly, but I'm still convinced he supports the POtuS and he's yet to refute it with explanation.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I didn't watch the LGBTQ town hall, but I hear Joe Biden had a pretty rough and confusing performance.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• If Bloomberg is going too run, I sure hope he does it now and doesn't wait. A third party run by him, because he sees Warren as too far left would be a disaster. If he feels that way, he needs to jump in now to see who voters prefer.

Comment

If Bloomberg is going too run, I sure hope he does it now and doesn't wait. A third party run by him, because he sees Warren as too far left would be a disaster. If he feels that way, he needs to jump in now to see who voters prefer.
                        Fuck Bloomberg if tries to split the party.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

If Bloomberg is going too run, I sure hope he does it now and doesn't wait. A third party run by him, because he sees Warren as too far left would be a disaster. If he feels that way, he needs to jump in now to see who voters prefer.
                          I think Bloomberg would beat Trump by more than any other Democratic candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                            I think Bloomberg would beat Trump by more than any other Democratic candidate.
                            That might be, and if he wants to be president, he needs to enter the primaries and fight for it now. I just worry he or one of the other centrist, business-first billionaires decides to play spoiler if Sanders or Warren emerge as the Democratic nomination.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-14-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• I'm not the biggest Biden fan and hope for another centrist...but jeesh...did Joe kick somebody's dog

Comment

• In a recent interview, Harry Reid tells David Axelrod that he doesn’t think Elizabeth Warren will follow through on ‘Medicare for All.’ “Give her some time, I think that she’s not in love with that, I think that she, you’ll wait and see how that all turns out... oh I know she’s pragmatic, just wait”

Reid personally told Warren to run back in 2017. But I'm sure he's just mistaken about her 'pragmatism', right? He's just out there giving an endorsement for Warren without understanding her stance on health care... gimme a break.

Comment

Working...
                                X