X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Sounds like a true Patriot.
    Which one?
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      She doesn't watch Morning Joe. She said they have had folks playing up his questionable comments and policies, painting him as a racist and out of touch and buying his way in. I guess it is a mixed bag and she only saw one side of it. At least some of them seem to not like him getting involved. Maybe because it weakens the center lane overall. IDK.
      Show her this clip of Morning Joe. They have their frequent guest, former Comms. Director for Hillary '16 trashing Bernie, they're hammering away at the Bernie Bros bullshit, praising Bloomberg's ad about the horrible awful Bros, even though Bernie's support is largely women and POC.

Listen, even if anybody here believes that my anger was representative of a certain segment of his supporters, would anyone be shallow enough to vote for Bloomberg or someone else based on that as a primary motivator? I think it seems unlikely to work. People are going to enjoy watching him eviscerate Bloomberg, and it won't be for bloodlust, it will be legit criticism. Bloomberg has like 60 sexual harassment claims against him settled by NDA's. The time he told a 7 month pregnant staffer to "kill it", then whined about the number of women working for him taking maternity leaves is well documented, among other insanely damaging comments. He's a total scumbag. I don't think the DNC should have accepted his money, and I hope Bernie wins and tells him to take his money and shove it.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/wa...ad-78880837628
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I wasn't suggesting they were in Bernie's camp. Merely bringing up they don't seem to be pushing Bloomberg, at least not as a coherent bunch. Really, many left media sources seem to be tearing down everyone to one degree or another, if they rise too high. I don't think the right does this as much, but maybe it is good.

Bloomberg has legit flaws and more come out the more I look at him. I hope to see him on a debate stage so they can be addressed by the other candidates. I am surprised by how much he is rising just based on ads. It shows how effective they can be. Klobuchar has much less baggage in the middle lane than he does, but he is shooting past her as a late entry all based on ads.

Comment

• I will say that I like that Bloomberg just released plans to shore up SS. He has not gotten specific, but is saying the right things. I think it is both important to do and a winning issue for Dems to focus on SS. And before TW jumps in, yes, I am aware Bernie has a plan on that too. I'm not singling out Bloomberg for addressing it, but his strategy for highlighting it. Raising benefits, adjusting how inflation is calculated. Highlighting Trump's attacks on SS and Medicaid. Good strategies. Everyone should be doing it. Well, except Biden would have a hard time making that argument. But the rest should.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-17-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Bloomberg has legit flaws and more come out the more I look at him. I hope to see him on a debate stage so they can be addressed by the other candidates. I am surprised by how much he is rising just based on ads. It shows how effective they can be. Klobuchar has much less baggage in the middle lane than he does, but he is shooting past her as a late entry all based on ads.
            It's an indictment on how lazy voters are as a whole that the ads are so effective.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

I will say that I like that Bloomberg just released plans to shore up SS. He has not gotten specific, but is saying the right things. I think it is both important to do and a winning issue for Dems to focus on SS. And before TW jumps in, yes, I am aware Bernie has a plan on that too. I'm not singling out Bloomberg for addressing it, but his strategy for highlighting it. Raising benefits, adjusting how inflation is calculated. Highlighting Trump's attacks on SS and Medicaid. Good strategies. Everyone should be doing it. Well, except Biden would have a hard time making that argument. But the rest should.
              How do you feel about his "Stop and Frisk" Policies and his handling of the Occupy Protests?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I ask this not as a challenge or to try to bait anyone into an argument, but rather from a place of curiosity and wanting to learn: what do Sanders' supporters see as his path to victory in the general election? Which states do you see him flipping that the democrats lost in 2016, and how do you see that happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  How do you feel about his "Stop and Frisk" Policies and his handling of the Occupy Protests?
                  I think both are horrible, but not related to the point I was making.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                    I ask this not as a challenge or to try to bait anyone into an argument, but rather from a place of curiosity and wanting to learn: what do Sanders' supporters see as his path to victory in the general election? Which states do you see him flipping that the democrats lost in 2016, and how do you see that happening?
                    Great question. I'd love the answer to this as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                      I ask this not as a challenge or to try to bait anyone into an argument, but rather from a place of curiosity and wanting to learn: what do Sanders' supporters see as his path to victory in the general election? Which states do you see him flipping that the democrats lost in 2016, and how do you see that happening?
                      He'll turn out more voters than the Dems did last election, he can and will call Trump out in the Debates without impunity and can defend himself better than the rest of the field. he'll easily win any and every debate with Trump. If he carries every state the Dems did last election and with larger turnouts across the board.

Trump is in office because of 80K votes across 3 states. A higher voter turnout should easily reverse those outcomes as well as Sanders possibly flipping states like AZ and an outside shot at Fla. This is of course, should all the Dems vote for him come Nov 2nd.

I haven't done a ton of research, but those are the first things that come to mind.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I think both are horrible, but not related to the point I was making.
                        I guess I see no merit in any positives if a person has policies like that on their resume.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          I guess I see no merit in any positives if a person has policies like that on their resume.
                          I wasn't highlighting it as a reason to support Bloomberg. Merely as a strategy I want the field to adopt. B-Fly is the Bloomberg fan here. The more I look at him, the more I don't like.

ETA: But any ads he runs highlighting Trump potentially hurting SS is a good ad buy for all Dems.

Comment

• Just letting trump speak is a good strategy as well, but yeah anything that points out his evil is a good thing

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I wasn't highlighting it as a reason to support Bloomberg. Merely as a strategy I want the field to adopt. B-Fly is the Bloomberg fan here. The more I look at him, the more I don't like.

ETA: But any ads he runs highlighting Trump potentially hurting SS is a good ad buy for all Dems.
                              You really don't see any downside to Democrats accepting money from Bloomberg? I think Bloomberg is much more useful as a punching bag to say "we're not gonna be beholden to billionaires for their campaign contributions, we're gonna fight to end citizens united and end the corruption." As opposed to taking his dirty money.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                You really don't see any downside to Democrats accepting money from Bloomberg? I think Bloomberg is much more useful as a punching bag to say "we're not gonna be beholden to billionaires for their campaign contributions, we're gonna fight to end citizens united and end the corruption." As opposed to taking his dirty money.
                                It isn't accepting money from him if his ads, to try to get him elected, also happen to highlight Trump's negatives. How can anyone stop him from doing that?

Comment

Working...
                                X