No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you guys gonna cheer like they did in south korea when they got their president removed for corruption thinking it would make a difference in their lives? ..or how about another country. there are plenty out there. how about brazil?

are you going to be on the front page of the newspaper cheering, only to find yourself back there again in a decade cheering for the next savior? well, at least you had a moment when you could say you won. is that what it's about winning. if that was all it was about you'd be like jay. doesn't matter as long as you win.

self deception. yeah, not that i ever had anything, but i believe the cat i ran into was my reincarnated cat. and i am well self taught in the method. only i used to apply it to everyone else. yet here i am like everyone else. funny how that works out.

i am allowed to live in a fantasy world too. like everyone else.

Comment

• Some bounce back for Sanders ahead of the primary.
      Up +2 in Suffolk (3 point gain since yesterday)
      Up +10 in Emerson (3 point gain since yesterday)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        It would, but look at the Nevada polls. Mayochup Pete is going to have to outperform drastically in both states to win. Nevada looks impossible....and then he will get crushed in SC. His debate answer regarding Marijuana arrests (to stop the "slaughter" in South Bend) as well as his record as a mayor make him pretty toxic. Though I'll admit I never thought he would compete in Iowa and NH. So I could be wrong.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...mary-d/nevada/
        It looks like they haven’t added a poll in Nevada since Jan 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I usually hate talking all the polls and strategy stuff regarding elections, but I do find this race very interesting. With Pete rising, Biden sinking (but still leading in national polls), Klobuchar getting good press and Bloomberg lurking it is a pretty fascinating race to follow.
          I enjoy the polls and political sciency stuff of the elections. When you (mostly) support the Libertarians, this is what your left with, lol.Usually Revo carries the ball on the poll updates—I’m just filling in for him temporarily.

Comment

• i'm a liberal, my whole life. born in SC meant to be some white trash fly over country piece of shit. sorry. i'll tell you i hate guns and roses, kid rock, and bob segers song turn the page. i learned a lot living at campgrounds this year. every piece of white fucking trash has drug problems.

that being said, i used to read the wall street journal a lot, and what really pissed me off was this guy from the house of lords in london always trying to write articles against global warming. not that it had anything to do with his opinion but only because he was from fucking england commentating on our politics. i didn't agree with his opinion but that doesn't matter. now, even if i agree with your opinion, it still doesn't matter. you didn't serve the country from canada, you weren't born at fort jackson in 1968 and put up for adoption.

i learned this from white trash at the campground. it's not just a physical wall. it's about that guy from england writing in the wsj trying to influence american politics.

and if you want to make the argument that america is so big it's shortcomings influence the world, it's just another argument about hoping someone will be some impossible savoir. only you can save yourself.

all of you, i am fine with it. but for 20 years you've been all jerking off about politics. maybe it's time to realize, you are wasting your time. when the only thread that is active here about politics.. besides baseball. you are just venting. and in 20 years haven't changed.

when you can only take about one thing, it's a disease. when a soap opera is your only passion. you are only spreading it.

Comment

• i know GITH served in the military. i should just say it like this, TW i love you man. seriously, but either move to this country so you can be allowed to comment on our politics or STFU. i wish you all the peace and love, and i hope you disagree with me.

it's not about you. maybe if you assholes talked about something besides only politics in the sports bar.

jesus guys. we've been doing this before Bush. and making no progress!

Comment

• I usually enjoy every single Nullnor post, savoring each turn of phrase. This was some dark and angry nonsense.

Nullnor, you keep saying over and over that none of it matters, it's all the same shit from different assholes, blah blah blah... well, you're wrong.

I've been pushing for my guy for the last 4+ years, and if you think my guy hasn't changed the dynamics of all political commentary, you're not paying attention. Sanders is leading a generational movement and drastically shifting the entire political discourse way left, not just in your country, but in Canada too, and I'm sure all over the world. Given that I believe climate change will destroy humanity in under 50 years, that's what I'm all about, and I'm watching it happen in real time. I've been predicting that with the millenial age cohort overtaking boomers last year in number and more so every day, there would be a huge surge in Sanders' style of politics. It's happening.

I'm on vacation, posting pretty infrequently the last 2 days, plan on posting infrequently the next 2 weeks. Seems a lot of folks think I have too much to say. Enjoy the next 2 weeks, ya filthy animals.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                  i know GITH served in the military. i should just say it like this, TW i love you man. seriously, but either move to this country so you can be allowed to comment on our politics or STFU. i wish you all the peace and love, and i hope you disagree with me.

it's not about you. maybe if you assholes talked about something besides only politics in the sports bar.

I LOVE ANGRY NULLY! C.mere ya big lug and let me give you a big theoretical hug...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

and your one vote is gonna save the world? we are only debating ourselves. you are wasting your time man on useless politics.

it's a soap opera. Trump has it right. it's natural what it's become. he just got us to it's uselessness quicker. 10 years from now you'll be saying the same thing. but you should be saying it now instead of believing there is a savior. it's true.
                    Page 401
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

i know GITH served in the military. i should just say it like this, TW i love you man. seriously, but either move to this country so you can be allowed to comment on our politics or STFU. i wish you all the peace and love, and i hope you disagree with me.

Yo nullie, love ya too and I can absolutely be an asshole at times.

However, I post about a lot of things besides politics. Even then it's about what I think is right and wrong be it politics, poker or the Padres.

I also like puns, as I was logging at 1am ish my time, I noticed that we were on page 401 so I said K, I like bad puns too heard the one about the the woman who went to jail for trying to cut off her boyfriend's penis but cut his thigh instead? She was charged with a misedawiener.

But I digress.

Stil love ya, hope you didn't imbibe your entire stash last night and have some left for your Sunday fun day

Peace
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Beginning of the end for Warren?
                        Democratic presidential candidates are making their final pitch to Nevada voters by ramping up television commercials in the final weeks before the upcoming caucus. Sen. Bernie Sanders, who emerged from the Iowa caucus in a near-tie for first, spent close to $350 thousand in a new statewide television campaign, according to Advertising Analytics. The move came as fellow Sen.

Comment

• Bloomberg has spent as much on TV adds as all the other candidates combined. Will be interesting to see how much support he ends up getting.

---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Joe Biden responded to a question from a 22 year old woman asking why he shit the bed in Iowa, he called her a "lying, dog-faced pony soldier."

Wowzers. All over the news right now. Awesome.

https://slate.com/culture/2020/02/jo...one-power.html

Edit to add: After watching the clip, he actually threw out the weird quip after asking if anybody had been to a caucus before, so it's not that bad... but it's still an incredibly weird turn of phrase that you shouldn't drop on a 22 year old woman without expecting blowback. I guess it's more of a typical Biden gaffe.
                            Last edited by Teenwolf; 02-09-2020, 08:05 PM.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• So lemme get this straight. The Iowa Democratic party cheated Bernie Sanders by screwing him out of delegate score points in over a dozen different districts, clearly identified by data that the IDP themselves released! Despite these clear errors, the IDP is saying it's somehow ILLEGAL to fix the mistakes.

Isn't it great the Democratic party is so concerned with accuracy that they take 1 week to ensure accuracy, then when they know the count has been skewed to give Buttigieg the win, they insist that it MUST be kept that way?

The Associated Press declined to call the race, following the updated results released on Sunday evening, citing the close margin and still some outstanding apparent inconsistencies in results.

“There is still some evidence the party may not have accurately tabulated some of its results, including those released late Sunday following a series of revisions,” an alert from the wire service read.

A major point of contention is that the Iowa Democratic Party maintains that it cannot correct errors on precinct math worksheets, even if there are apparent mistakes on them.

“It is the legal voting record of the caucus, like a ballot,” Shayla McCormally, a lawyer for the state party, wrote in a memo sent by state party chair Troy Price to party officials that was obtained by The New York Times. “The seriousness of the record is made clear by the language at the bottom stating that any misrepresentation of the information is a crime. Therefore, any changes or tampering with the sheet could result in a claim of election interference or misconduct.” The memo continued that the only way to challenge worksheets is for a campaign to seek a recount, a much more intensive process than a recanvass, according to The Times.
                              So the people involved in the caucus who punched in the incorrect numbers "misrepresented the numbers". They've already committed a crime of election interference. But somehow... it would be illegal to correct the election interference that's already taken place??? What in the actual fuck?

But yeah... it's all incompetance, right B-Fly? Just a bunch of mistakes, being compounded with each successive decision made.

Yeah... that's the ticket!

Comment

• Nevada Democratic Party just hired Emily Goldman, a paid organizer for Pete Buttigieg, as their "Voter Protection Director".

After being hired, she locked her twitter account and scrubbed her employment history from LinkedIn.

Pete's campaign organizing in Nevada is nearly non-existent, so he needs a big NH performance for his vote rigger to come into play in Nevada.

Nevada Democratic Party's Hiring Of Buttigieg Ex-Staffer Raises Concerns/

Why was Pete's campaign funding the app used in the previous caucus? Oh.... just coincidence. Why does he have a paid staffer hired as "Voter Protection Director" in Nevada? How on earth does this ensure confidence in the vote? Oh, just innocent mistakes again. Must not have asked her where she was working presently, not realizing the conflict of interest.... right.

Comment

Working...
                                X