Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I did read the entire thing, but I never thought Biden was anything more than an attempt to throw a roadblock in front of Bernie--Anyone who's to be taken seriously should have that insight. Sure hit hit's on a couple of issues correctly, but for me to lend credibility to something I have to feel it at least comes from an unbiased perspective.

Though I may be wrong, I did not feel this.
    That's interesting. I came away thinking the author of the piece likely supports Bernie or Warren.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
      That's interesting. I came away thinking the author of the piece likely supports Bernie or Warren.
      As did I. I certainly didn't interpret it as anti-Sanders.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        The best President for Black Americans since Lincoln and Grant was a clear racist and all around "scumbag". But he was committed to policies that advanced civil rights and anti-racism and he had the political skills and capital to get it done.

Lyndon Johnson was a racist. He was also the greatest champion of racial equality to occupy the White House since Lincoln.

Again, I'm not saying that anyone should overlook a candidate's past statements or character flaws, but policies and the ability to execute on them are absolutely critical. They should not be dismissed as empty or meaningless.
        I'm old enough to remember 2016-2019 when being a racist was unacceptable for a U.S. president or presidential candidate.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I'm old enough to remember 2016-2019
          I disagree....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I disagree....
            Me too. The guy who won in 2016 proved it was acceptable to enough people to win an election, sadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Me too. The guy who won in 2016 proved it was acceptable to enough people to win an election, sadly.
              I suppose i should have specified i was referring to RJ discussions
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• This country has elected countless racist presidents and other government officials and continues to do so. The election of Obama made certain (white) people (falsely) feel that we'd made significant progress in terms of race relations and it wasn't a huge issue but the 2016 election was a complete repudiation of that belief. The level of racism, xenophobia, and sexism in this country is frightening, as is people's willingness to either ignore it or flat-out embrace it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                  This country has elected countless racist presidents and other government officials and continues to do so. The election of Obama made certain (white) people (falsely) feel that we'd made significant progress in terms of race relations and it wasn't a huge issue but the 2016 election was a complete repudiation of that belief. The level of racism, xenophobia, and sexism in this country is frightening, as is people's willingness to either ignore it or flat-out embrace it.
                  Yes, I was just hoping that out of all the available candidates the Dems wouldn't pick one who is so questionable in this regard.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yes, I was just hoping that out of all the available candidates the Dems wouldn't pick one who is so questionable in this regard.
                    And I suspect they won't. I think they'll choose Sanders. But if they don't, I still will support the Democratic nominee over Trump with no hesitation ... because polices and platforms, because Supreme Court and federal court appointments, because Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      And I suspect they won't. I think they'll choose Sanders. But if they don't, I still will support the Democratic nominee over Trump with no hesitation ... because polices and platforms, because Supreme Court and federal court appointments, because Trump.
                      Sure, but shouldn't the expectation be that people who have been complaining about Trump's racism for the last 4 years would also try to hold Bloomberg accountable in the primary ? After 4 years of fighting racism I have to say I find it a little strange that suddenly the idea that "some of our best Presidents have been racists" is now being promoted.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Sure, but shouldn't the expectation be that people who have been complaining about Trump's racism for the last 4 years would also try to hold Bloomberg accountable in the primary ? After 4 years of fighting racism I have to say I find it a little strange that suddenly the idea that "some of our best Presidents have been racists" is now being promoted.
                        Strange indeed.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• As much as I have had my issues with McKinsey and see Mayor Pete fitting right in with that group and would have to hold my nose to vote for him, he is miles ahead of Bloomberg. If the Democrats really want to choose a candidate who will make people face the "lesser of two evils" question again, Bloomberg would be that candidate. I would still vote for Bloomberg over Trump, because I believe Trump has already done great damage to both our governmental systems and to our public discourse and can't imagine what damage he would do if emboldened in a second term, but if the best our nation can come up with to lead us is those two New York billionaires, we are in sorry shape indeed.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Buttigieg keeps getting caught faking black endorsements.

First it was the black SC endorsements that were revealed to have been compiled through an email that contained an opt-out. They've never apologized to those folks whose endorsements they faked.

Then a week ago, they faked Keegan Michael Key's endorsement, which he came out denying.

Now this stuff about Dianne's Kitchen. Did they really need a black endorsement badly enough to make one up from a diner? Weird.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              As much as I have had my issues with McKinsey and see Mayor Pete fitting right in with that group and would have to hold my nose to vote for him, he is miles ahead of Bloomberg. If the Democrats really want to choose a candidate who will make people face the "lesser of two evils" question again, Bloomberg would be that candidate. I would still vote for Bloomberg over Trump, because I believe Trump has already done great damage to both our governmental systems and to our public discourse and can't imagine what damage he would do if emboldened in a second term, but if the best our nation can come up with to lead us is those two New York billionaires, we are in sorry shape indeed.
                              This is exactly my thoughts as well, Bloomberg makes Pete look a whole lot better
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So when Stacy Abrahms joins the Michael Bloomberg ticket, I'm sure it will be due to completely selfless reasons, for the good of the party and country, right?

Rumours are swirling, as they have the entire campaign. Whoever emerges from the pack will be tied to Abrahms as VP. Man, I hope they don't force Bernie to take VP Abrahms. I want Nina Turner.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X