Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand officially throws her hat in the ring.
    this can't be right. This NYS Senator said during a campaign debate in late October that "I will serve my six-year term" in response to the question, "I just want to make this clear: You're saying you will not run for president and you will serve your six-year term."
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      this can't be right. This NYS Senator said during a campaign debate in late October that "I will serve my six-year term" in response to the question, "I just want to make this clear: You're saying you will not run for president and you will serve your six-year term."
      Assuming she does not win, she will still serve her six year term!

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

As for his body of work, Republicans like him more than Democrats liked Obama. If he runs, there is next to no chance he does not get re-elected. His body of work is too impressive.

J
        Dang, looks like the "Cruz in 2020" movement just lost its only member. Well, it was a good run.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          She is my prediction to follow the Scott Walker trajectory in 2020. Looks good on paper, in everyone’s Top 5 but no one’s favorite and out before the first primary.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Fine. You did not say what you meant.

You did say it, though.

J
            This coming from a guy who says something and then a few posts later flatly denies saying it, without even editing the previous post to cover the evidence.

Comment

I sold her short. Turns out she hinted at running on Stephen Colbert's show TWO WEEKS after insisting she will serve the full six-year term.

the main news in politics in that two-week period is..... she got elected.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I sold her short. Turns out she hinted at running on Stephen Colbert's show TWO WEEKS after insisting she will serve the full six-year term.

the main news in politics in that two-week period is..... she got elected.
                Serious question - does ANYONE actually believe politicians when they say they will not run for another office during their term? I feel like everyone says that and nobody bats an eye.

Comment

Serious question - does ANYONE actually believe politicians when they say they will not run for another office during their term? I feel like everyone says that and nobody bats an eye.
                  Or she could have meant it but Trumpy is so Fuck up she thinks he HAS to be defeated and thinks she is the one to do it.

Comment

typically it is maybe halfway through a six-year term, for plausible deniability. I've never see anything thus blatant, other than Hillary - whose Senate gig was gifted to Gillibrand, as fate would have it - still taking six-figure speech deals from Wall Street just days before her official announcement to run for President. but that's not an exact match.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

typically it is maybe halfway through a six-year term, for plausible deniability. I've never see anything thus blatant, other than Hillary - whose Senate gig was gifted to Gillibrand, as fate would have it - still taking six-figure speech deals from Wall Street just days before her official announcement to run for President. but that's not an exact match.
                      I don't know. I feel like virtually every politician says the same thing. Maybe she is a tad earlier than some. Definitely not even remotely close to my radar when deciding who to vote for, whether R or D.

Comment

• your definition of "tad" is rather expansive

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

It does seem rather odd to get worked up over it. But I agree her candidacy isn't going far. Nor is Kamala Harris'.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I'm not interested in and don't plan to engage in any pot shots against any prospective Democratic nominee. Welcome to the race. You've got a good year to sell me on why you should have my vote and my support.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              It does seem rather odd to get worked up over it. But I agree her candidacy isn't going far. Nor is Kamala Harris'.
                              Seems odd to get worked up about a lot of things that are brought up in these threads, but here we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Interesting. In this year of the woman in politics, why do you say that (moreso about Harris).

Comment

Working...
                                X