No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one who is most electable is my inevitable A - but my personal A is Warren right now

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      You purport yourself to be a scholar of politics but frequently present yourself as just another internet troll - which do you want to be treated like? Your valid points get lost in the shameless Sanders cheerleading.
      I think I've been pretty clear in how much I despise Joe Biden. It has nothing to do with Bernie (Tulsi might be my personal choice).

So ask yourself how safe you feel with Uncle Joe with his hands on prepubescent girls... I mean "behind the wheel", not sure how that slipped out...

Do you think he has an electability edge given his tendency to cause facepalm inducing blunders?
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/28/j...-good-looking/

I didn't hear it until it was here, but there is video in that link. I personally don't find this creepy, but the words themselves maybe don't play well. That said neither Biden or Sanders are may A choice. I think Harris is now my A, and some clump of Warren/Pete/Beto behind her.
        The most upsetting part for Democratic voters shouldn't be any of the details, he's done it a million times publicly before, creepy old bastard... the upsetting part should be the realization that eventually, he's going to be parading around the country making the same idiotic blunders, pushing millenials to vote 3rd party, pushing Trump to his 2nd term.

I have no faith in the electorate so it very well could be Biden vs Trump. But if it is, I love Trump's chances.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          I think Warren is currently my A, with Harris/Buttigieg/Booker behind her.
          She can't beat Trump but none of them can. You might as well vote you conscience.

Originally posted by hacko View Post
          Probably will depend on how much DAMAGE- Trump AND THE REPUBLICAN’S do in the next 2 years. Coming from someone who used to be a Republican the farther right the party became the more Democrats I voted for. I just don’t ever see me going back.
          Six years. Trump has 2020 well in hand.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• “Nothing angers me more than the hypocrisy exhibited every Memorial Day by warmongering politicians and media pundits feigning sympathy for those who paid the ultimate price in service to our country, while simultaneously advocating more regime change wars and the new Cold War and arms race. The true way to honor our troops that have sacrificed their lives for our country is to work to prevent unnecessary costly wars, which will result in the deaths of more of my brothers and sisters in uniform. Memorial Day is a time to remember that war should only be waged as a very last resort to keep the American people safe”—Tulsi Gabbard

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
              “Nothing angers me more than the hypocrisy exhibited every Memorial Day by warmongering politicians and media pundits feigning sympathy for those who paid the ultimate price in service to our country, while simultaneously advocating more regime change wars and the new Cold War and arms race. The true way to honor our troops that have sacrificed their lives for our country is to work to prevent unnecessary costly wars, which will result in the deaths of more of my brothers and sisters in uniform. Memorial Day is a time to remember that war should only be waged as a very last resort to keep the American people safe”—Tulsi Gabbard
              I hope Tulsi can break into the upper tier of candidates. Hope she makes the 3rd and 4th debates. Hey, ITC, have you decided on Tulsi yet? Too far left for ya?

Tulsi's biggest draw for me, after the anti-interventionist stance, is her support for the OFF act, transitioning away from fossil fuels in favour of renewables, and is stronger in real world tangible effect than the Green New Deal. We need someone willing to overthrow the current death spiral we are on.

Debate requirements for Sept/Oct just announced. Candidates need 2% polling in 4 polls + 130K contributors. I hope this narrows the field to under 8-10 candidates for the final 10 debates. 130K contributors is a high threshold, and I'm sure many will struggle to stay in it.

Comment

• I think Bernie Sanders would probably make Tulsi Gabbard his Secretary of Defense. (I had to double-check, but it appears there's never been either a woman or a person of color who has served as either Secretary of Defense or Secretary of Treasury.)

Comment

• Surprised there isn't a discussion here yet re: the new TedCruz-AOC ticket.

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    Surprised there isn't a discussion here yet re: the new TedCruz-AOC ticket.

AOC won't be old enough to run for the Presidency or the Vice Presidency until at least 2028, I believe, but happy to see she and Cruz found something worthwhile to work on together.

Comment

• John Kasich pretty much put the kibosh on a primary challenge to Trump.

Comment

• Pew Research just released their findings that voters in the 2018 midterms were made up of more voters under 55 than over.

[While all age groups saw a record high turnout among eligible voters, turnout among millennials — voters ages 22 to 37 in 2018 — nearly doubled, growing from 23% to 42%.

This isn’t the first time that the three younger generations have outvoted those older than them. In fact, Pew found that the same trend occurred in the 2016 presidential election — but midterm elections have been historically overlooked by younger voters. The 2014 midterm, which saw the highest number of votes from voters in Generation X and later generations of any midterm prior to 2018, fielded nearly 22 million fewer votes from the younger generations.

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/mi...c&guccounter=1

Dems need to be more like Trump and cater to the base, those loony lefties are greater in number and voting power than boomers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          Pew Research just released their findings that voters in the 2018 midterms were made up of more voters under 55 than over.

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/mi...c&guccounter=1

Dems need to be more like Trump and cater to the base, those loony lefties are greater in number and voting power than boomers.
                          They need to be more like Trump and follow through on their campaign promises. Instead they have wasted over two years trying to undo the 2016 vote. All their political capital is used and they have real exposure to the internal investigation.

As a side note, who expected the DTA to be the most transparent administration in memory? Not me.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            They need to be more like Trump and follow through on their campaign promises. Instead they have wasted over two years trying to undo the 2016 vote. All their political capital is used and they have real exposure to the internal investigation.

As a side note, who expected the DTA to be the most transparent administration in memory? Not me.

J
                            He is directing people to ignore subpoenas. Unless we are going to not give congress oversite and subpoena power anymore that is a pretty big black mark for transparency and I can't wait for a Democrat to do that to a Republican-controlled House and hear what Fox News has to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              He is directing people to ignore subpoenas. Unless we are going to not give congress oversite and subpoena power anymore that is a pretty big black mark for transparency and I can't wait for a Democrat to do that to a Republican-controlled House and hear what Fox News has to say.
                              Now will this Republican outrage of the Democratic administration’s lack of transparency be before or after the two plus years of investigation by a special counsel or not? While I won’t say it’s the most transparent administration ever, other than Trump unwillingness (on advice of counsel that would have been given in any similar situation) to give a deposition to Mueller, he allowed everyone in his administration to speak freely. What you’re now calling lack of transparency is really more of a politically motivated, which Trump calls presidential harassment, campaign by Democrats to win 2020 than an investigation.
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                                Now will this Republican outrage of the Democratic administration’s lack of transparency be before or after the two plus years of investigation by a special counsel or not? While I won’t say it’s the most transparent administration ever, other than Trump unwillingness (on advice of counsel that would have been given in any similar situation) to give a deposition to Mueller, he allowed everyone in his administration to speak freely. What you’re now calling lack of transparency is really more of a politically motivated, which Trump calls presidential harassment, campaign by Democrats to win 2020 than an investigation.
                                His investigation lasted what half the time of Pres. Clinton's investigation? Democrats didn't control the house or senate until this January. He held both chambers for 2 years and the investigation was run without democrats controlling anything in the House or Senate so he only has his only party and appointees to blame for it happening.

We have people now flatly ignoring subpoenas from the House now that the Democrats are in charge, I will eagerly await a similar situation playing out and Republicans saying that it is ok because the Democratic President felt harassed by a special counsel investigation that wasn't even started when the opposition party controlled any chamber of Congress.

Comment

Working...
                                X