No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top 5 have all reported their q2 money totals...

1. Buttigieg $24.8M
    2. Biden $21.5M
    3. Warren $19.1M
    4. Sanders $18M
    5. Harris $12M

Harris should get a boost in q3, but this race won't be a runaway on money alone with all 5 getting plenty to stay relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
      The top 5 have all reported their q2 money totals...

1. Buttigieg $24.8M
      2. Biden $21.5M
      3. Warren $19.1M
      4. Sanders $18M
      5. Harris $12M

Harris should get a boost in q3, but this race won't be a runaway on money alone with all 5 getting plenty to stay relevant.
      Wow, I did not know Buttigieg was so well funded. I'm surprised he managed to top everyone, including Biden. What is up with that? Where are the funds coming from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Wow, I did not know Buttigieg was so well funded. I'm surprised he managed to top everyone, including Biden. What is up with that? Where are the funds coming from?
        This article explains it better than me...

Mr. Buttigieg’s $24.8 million second-quarter total is the latest evidence that he has gone from a long shot to a serious candidate for the nomination in a matter of months.

Comment

• Latest polls show Biden has bounced right back, while Trump is clawing back a bit against the second tier candidates:

Code:
          2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	Emerson	Biden 30, Harris 15, Sanders 15, Warren 15, Buttigieg 5, O'Rourke 4, Booker 2, Yang 3, Gabbard 2, Castro 0, Klobuchar 1, Bullock 1, Bennet 1, Inslee 1	[B]Biden +15[/B]

2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	Politico/Morning Consult	Biden 31, Harris 14, Sanders 19, Warren 13, Buttigieg 6, O'Rourke 3, Booker 2, Yang 1, Gabbard 1, Castro 1, Klobuchar 1, Bullock 1, Bennet 0, Inslee 0	[B]Biden +12[/B]
          Code:
          General Election: Trump vs. Biden	Emerson	Biden 53, Trump 47	[B]Biden +6[/B]
          General Election: Trump vs. Harris	Emerson	Harris 49, Trump 51	Trump +2
          General Election: Trump vs. Sanders	Emerson	Sanders 51, Trump 49	[B]Sanders +2[/B]
          General Election: Trump vs. Warren	Emerson	Warren 49, Trump 51	Trump +2
          General Election: Trump vs. Buttigieg	Emerson	Buttigieg 49, Trump 51	Trump +2

Comment

The top 5 have all reported their q2 money totals...

1. Buttigieg $24.8M 294K contributions
            2. Biden $21.5M 256K contributions
            3. Warren $19.1M 384K contributions
            4. Sanders $18M 1 Million contributions
            5. Harris $12M 279K contributions

Added one relevant data point being overlooked by most mainstream media. Sanders is doing way better than the media is portraying, at least with the grassroots organizational aspect.

Another data point to consider, much of the money going these top 5 are inflated by max donors. All of Mayor Pete's $2800 per plate fundraisers will dry up quickly. Same with Biden. Max donors can only contribute once. 99% of Sanders' donors can contribute multiple times. Given his ability to energize his base, I bet he has a way higher recurring donor income than the others, which can fund him all the way to the end. The others relying on max donors need to keep dialing for dollars and hustling and greasing palms. Bernie gets to hold rally after rally and get his message out. I'm optimistic for these reasons.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Added one relevant data point being overlooked by most mainstream media. Sanders is doing way better than the media is portraying, at least with the grassroots organizational aspect.

Another data point to consider, much of the money going these top 5 are inflated by max donors. All of Mayor Pete's $2800 per plate fundraisers will dry up quickly. Same with Biden. Max donors can only contribute once. 99% of Sanders' donors can contribute multiple times. Given his ability to energize his base, I bet he has a way higher recurring donor income than the others, which can fund him all the way to the end. The others relying on max donors need to keep dialing for dollars and hustling and greasing palms. Bernie gets to hold rally after rally and get his message out. I'm optimistic for these reasons.
              As the biggest bernie honk on the site, he really needs to show better next debate or he'll be looking in from the outside as Harris, Warren or Gabbard take the lead.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                As the biggest bernie honk on the site, he really needs to show better next debate or he'll be looking in from the outside as Harris, Warren or Gabbard take the lead.
                11 more debates to go. I worry that he won't have the killer instinct that Harris had, since nobody seems to give a shit about policy, they just want spectacle. So if Bernie needs to take someone apart, he'll be called a sexist or whatever... I think once the others have been bloodied, then he can make it personal, and especially once the size of the debates winnows down, it will be easier to focus on message and policy rather than theater.

Harris had her attack on Biden scripted, with "I'm that girl" shirts printed ahead of the debate. So she's done well at the theater/entertainment aspect so far, but every candidate will be trying this tactic now. If Bernie needs a punching bag to show dummy voters that he's a fighter, he should pick someone like Tom Steyer if he makes the next debates.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  11 more debates to go. I worry that he won't have the killer instinct that Harris had, since nobody seems to give a shit about policy, they just want spectacle. So if Bernie needs to take someone apart, he'll be called a sexist or whatever... I think once the others have been bloodied, then he can make it personal, and especially once the size of the debates winnows down, it will be easier to focus on message and policy rather than theater.

Harris had her attack on Biden scripted, with "I'm that girl" shirts printed ahead of the debate. So she's done well at the theater/entertainment aspect so far, but every candidate will be trying this tactic now. If Bernie needs a punching bag to show dummy voters that he's a fighter, he should pick someone like Tom Steyer if he makes the next debates.
                  Of course it is a spectacle. That's what Trump, as much as a turd as he is, understood better than everyone from day one. Especially with 20 people out there, policy is not going to win the day...at least at the beginning. The good news for Bernie is he has enough support to get down to where policy actually matters - when there are like 5 left standing.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    Of course it is a spectacle. That's what Trump, as much as a turd as he is, understood better than everyone from day one. Especially with 20 people out there, policy is not going to win the day...at least at the beginning. The good news for Bernie is he has enough support to get down to where policy actually matters - when there are like 5 left standing.
                    Agree completely, especially when most of the field have already attempted to steal Sanders' platform, it will take time for folks to see the details.

Comment

• I am glad to see the Democrats got a good candidate to run against Mitch in KY. Sure the state lean of R+30 means McGrath is unlikely to win, but I want to start seeing the Democrats run good candidates in red state races. She raised over $2.5 million in 24 hours and if nothing else she will make Mitch campaign some. His approval in KY is only 33% from a PPP poll from Feb. So yeah it is still unlikely especially in a Presidential election year, but McGrath has a good story and since she didn't get elected to the Lexington Cong. district in 2018 she has all the time in the world to just campaign.

in other good news in my mind, the Democrats got a very credible candidate to run in Main. Sara Gideon the Democratic speaker of the house in Maine announced she would challenge Susan Collins. Gideon has some statewide recognition and also a pretty good roll out to her campaign. She has raised over $1 million dollars in a week and presumably would have access to the $4 million plus that the fund Susan Collins opponent page has raised if Gideon is the nominee.

Anyway, KY is a pipe dream probably, but Gideon is a good get in a state that is something like D+9 and almost a must have if the Democrats want control of the Senate.

Comment

• Fox News is already running a new McConnell ad of McGrath having said, "I am further left, I am more progressive than anybody in the state of Kentucky."

he IS unpopular, but I have a feeling that comment gets written on her political tombstone.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          Fox News is already running a new McConnell ad of McGrath having said, "I am further left, I am more progressive than anybody in the state of Kentucky."

he IS unpopular, but I have a feeling that comment gets written on her political tombstone.
                          She can't win unless something really gets dug up on him. R+30 is tough I think her congressional district was R+15 and she lost by what 1-2 points? I just think it is nice to see a decent candidate up. Mitch got a layup in 2014 but only won by 6 points in 2008. I find it highly unlikely the state gives up having the Senate leader, but my point is I want to stop giving layups to people in red states.

Comment

She can't win unless something really gets dug up on him. R+30 is tough I think her congressional district was R+15 and she lost by what 1-2 points? I just think it is nice to see a decent candidate up. Mitch got a layup in 2014 but only won by 6 points in 2008. I find it highly unlikely the state gives up having the Senate leader, but my point is I want to stop giving layups to people in red states.
                            Yeah, it may be hard for those outside the state to believe, because he is such an evil turtle man, but McConnell has very solid foundation of support in Kentucky. My last job was at UofL and I had to be reminded of that fact every day I saw the McConnell Center. I doubt he will ever be seriously challenged on the left in Kentucky. The only time I can recall he ever faced a real challenge was with the Tea Party. Rand Paul represented a new type of candidate and he had to adapt to being called out on the right. But he did and survived. Unfortunately, he isn't going anywhere, even if something is dug up on him. Despite Kentucky occasionally electing a blue dog Democrat as governor, I can't fathom McConnell ever being seriously challenged by the left in that state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Yeah, it may be hard for those outside the state to believe, because he is such an evil turtle man, but McConnell has very solid foundation of support in Kentucky. My last job was at UofL and I had to be reminded of that fact every day I saw the McConnell Center. I doubt he will ever be seriously challenged on the left in Kentucky. The only time I can recall he ever faced a real challenge was with the Tea Party. Rand Paul represented a new type of candidate and he had to adapt to being called out on the right. But he did and survived. Unfortunately, he isn't going anywhere, even if something is dug up on him. Despite Kentucky occasionally electing a blue dog Democrat as governor, I can't fathom McConnell ever being seriously challenged by the left in that state.
                              Didn’t realize you lived in Louisville. I used to live just outside Lexington and my parents have just moved away from Harrodsburg. Small world.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                                Didn’t realize you lived in Louisville. I used to live just outside Lexington and my parents have just moved away from Harrodsburg. Small world.
                                Yeah, I lived there for five years. I liked it. Housing was cheap, taxes were low. Weather was temperate.

Comment

Working...
                                X