Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    His nicknames are the opposite of creative - he would probably just resort to one of his old reliables like "Dopey", "Lightweight", "Crazy", "Lyin" or "Little." He doesn't really have that big of a nickname repertoire.
    You don't think he'd start calling him Fidel?
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      You don't think he'd start calling him Fidel?
      He probably doesn't even know who Fidel Castro is.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        What about Warren-Castro?
        I need to learn more about Castro and about the support or lack of support Warren has from voters that Castro would help her with. Would he help her more than Harris get key votes in key states?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I need to learn more about Castro and about the support or lack of support Warren has from voters that Castro would help her with. Would he help her more than Harris get key votes in key states?
          I'm voting for Sour Masher.

Comment

I'm voting for Sour Masher.
            I really felt we had a connection.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I could be wrong, but I don't think Harris takes a VP slot and I am a lot more confident Warren won't take a VP slot. Harris has value in the Senate and I don't know what her aspirations are if not President, but VP just doesn't seem like a good use of her talents. Warren, as has been pointed out, is much more valuable in the Senate if she isn't at the top of the ticket.

I think Pete and Castro definitely would be interested in the VP slot and maybe Booker. I don't know yet who I really like for this and VP usually doesn't do much but I'd like to see Pete stay on the Political stage and Indiana is going to be hard to win statewide office so VP at his age might be a springboard to something more.

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/27/polit...ami/index.html

speaking of Cuba, doofus NYC Mayor de Blasio managed this yesterday in Miami.

CNN:

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio apologized Thursday after using a phrase associated with Ernesto "Che" Guevara at a rally in Miami.
                "I did not know the phrase I used in Miami today was associated with Che Guevara & I did not mean to offend anyone who heard it that way. I certainly apologize for not understanding that history," the Democratic presidential hopeful posted on Twitter.
                "I only meant it as a literal message to the striking airport workers that I believed they would be victorious in their strike," he wrote.
                De Blasio was addressing striking workers at Miami International Airport when he shouted in Spanish, "Hasta la victoria, siempre!" which translates to "Until victory, always!" -- a slogan coined by the polarizing Argentine-born Cuban revolutionary, according to CNN affiliate WFOR.

(de Blasio honeymooned in Cuba in 1991, and he knows more than a little about that country. but only a doofus would use a Guevera comment in Miami, so.....)
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I really felt we had a connection.
                  I'm voting for DMT.

Comment

I'm voting for DMT.
                    Are you doing ranked choice voting? I want to lock you down on your order. We can't have any voter fraud here.

Comment

• apparently this is from one of the movie series of blockbusters?

Leah Askarinam
                      ‏ @leahaskarinam

My analysis of last night's debate:
                      Bernie = Harry book 5
                      Harris = McGonagall
                      Gillibrand = Hermione book 4
                      Biden = Ron
                      Swalwell = Cormac McLaggen
                      Williamson = Prof. Trelawney
                      Yang = Colin Creevey
                      Buttigieg = Oliver Wood
                      Bennett = Neville book 6
                      Hickenlooper = ?
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

But that's ageism. Lumping Sanders and Warren in with Biden simply because of their age is absurd IMO.
                        Hey, we find agreement.

On Morning Joe today, Joe was interviewing Kamala Harris and asked something like "do you think some of these candidates are out of touch with the ideas of today, some older candidates like Biden and Bernie Sanders?" I've heard similar phrases in the past "These older candidates are going to have a lot longer record they need to defend, and they're going to have a tougher time." You're right, it is absurd to lump them together based on age, since Bernie is just about the most bold and unwavering lefty on nearly every issue going back 3-5 decades, making his age an asset, showing decades of support for progressive issues. I said from the start that I desperately wanted Biden to run because A) it insulates Bernie from the ageism attacks, and B) Biden's support is super soft. Now that Biden is getting creamed, they're trying to modify the message to "maybe it's because Biden is too old... guess who else is too old, boom!"... media just hates Bernie. I wonder how his disdain for media plays with voters. Interestingly, Warren is also showing a fair amount of contempt for the media. She kept responding to interview questions saying "Oh, come on. You know better than that." Like, don't play dumb, MSM hacks, Bernie and Warren, at least, are ready to call you on your shit. I like it, but I hope would-be progressive voters aren't turned off by their abrasiveness/dismissal of media. I would need to re-watch the Warren clips to see how hard she pushed the interviewer, but the tone was quite dismissive.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Despite my extreme loathing of Joe Biden, even I didn't expect him to do so much self-inflicted damage, so quickly.

Is this what defending yourself looks like? Damn, I couldn't even think of worse things he could say, or worse positions.

Biden also recycled a racially charged line he’s used in the past, telling a room full of black activists and labor organizers: “That kid wearing a hoodie might be the next poet laureate and not a gangbanger.”
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• In the first post debate poll, we have Biden -5, Harris +6 and the rest virtually unchangedas compared to the same poll earlier in the week. I thought there might be more movement but I was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              In the first post debate poll, we have Biden -5, Harris +6 and the rest virtually unchangedas compared to the same poll earlier in the week. I thought there might be more movement but I was wrong.
                              https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
                              Yep but just one poll I'd like to see a lot more data points before we call it. I want to see a lot of data, but I do think Monmouth usually does a good job. Morning Consult gets a B- on 538 so I would like to see a few of the A- A polls (Monmouth, Quin, Emmerson and Suffolk are B+). Even if this was an A+ poll it would only be one data point. I still hope to see Biden move down and the 3 I like below Sanders move up. We will see though polls are hard to predict.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                Yep but just one poll I'd like to see a lot more data points before we call it. I want to see a lot of data, but I do think Monmouth usually does a good job. Morning Consult gets a B- on 538 so I would like to see a few of the A- A polls (Monmouth, Quin, Emmerson and Suffolk are B+). Even if this was an A+ poll it would only be one data point. I still hope to see Biden move down and the 3 I like below Sanders move up. We will see though polls are hard to predict.
                                Yep, reading the tea leaves 17 months out is a fool’s errand, but I do it anyhow. Hopefully, we see some other polls Mon/Tues of this week and I can further oversubscribe their importance.

Comment

Working...
                                X