Page 217 of 442 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 4412

Thread: Election 2020

  1. #2161
    Journeyman Teenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    It's not great, no. But at this point I can only see Warren overtaking him, and she's going to have a million Pocahontas tweets leveled at her head by the dipshit.
    She hasn't responded appropriately to the questions of her Cherokee heritage claims. There's some kind of forum for Indigenous issues in Iowa next week, and Warren will be there. It should be revealing to see her response to harsh criticism.

    Warren actually has a much less broad coalition than Bernie does. She is dominating post grad and wealthy white liberals, but she's not going to beat Bernie in South Carolina, or other minority-heavy districts. I feel like Bernie is making the biggest push across the map and across demographics. Also, Bernie has the #1 ingredient to beating Trump: economic populism that will help him sweep the midwest that was the key to Trump's victory.

  2. #2162
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    19,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    She hasn't responded appropriately to the questions of her Cherokee heritage claims. There's some kind of forum for Indigenous issues in Iowa next week, and Warren will be there. It should be revealing to see her response to harsh criticism.

    Warren actually has a much less broad coalition than Bernie does. She is dominating post grad and wealthy white liberals, but she's not going to beat Bernie in South Carolina, or other minority-heavy districts. I feel like Bernie is making the biggest push across the map and across demographics. Also, Bernie has the #1 ingredient to beating Trump: economic populism that will help him sweep the midwest that was the key to Trump's victory.
    Latest South Carolina poll, from yesterday, had Biden leading by a wide margin with Warren in 2nd by a point over Bernie. He's stayed the same, but she's surged in that state, according to the newspaper's polling.

  3. #2163
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,406
    If the economy keeps heading toward a recession, we may get to a point that just about any candidate will beat him. His most die hards will stick with him and believe it is the Fed's fault, not Donny's, like he keeps saying, but I imagine a good number of folks support him because they thought and were validated for awhile in the thought that he'd be good for their bank accounts. A recession will change that.

  4. #2164
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    19,922
    Latest Fox News poll shows Warren surging at Bernie's expense:

    Code:
    2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	FOX News	Biden 31, Warren 20, Sanders 10, Harris 8, Buttigieg 3, O'Rourke 2, Booker 3, Yang 3, Klobuchar 2, Gabbard 1, Castro 1, Williamson 1, Steyer 1	Biden +11

  5. #2165
    Journeyman Teenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
    Posts
    2,626

  6. #2166
    Journeyman Teenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
    Posts
    2,626
    Some recent happenings.

    Kamala Harris is receiving major backlash for dropping out of the CNN climate change town hall in favour of a big donor fundraiser.

    Biden's fundraising is tanking with real people. Politico shows that 60% of his online donations came in the first week of his campaign, 4 months ago! They mention specifically that his fundraising mirrors more flash in the pan candidates like Beto O'Rourke. 3rd quarter fundraising reveal in early October will show exactly how few people are supporting him. I hope he's embarrassed into dropping out.

    I include snippets of interest. Shows you why Kamala Harris needs to do the fundraiser instead of climate change town hall too. Harris seems to have even less enthusiasm than Biden. Although she did pick up an endorsement from Spike Lee... seems he's spent too much time watching Knicks trade rumoyrs and not enough time researching Harris' awful criminal justice record.

    https://www.politico.com/interactive...ising-actblue/


    At the end of June, Biden’s median online daily fundraising, a measure of a run-of-the mill day on the site, was just under $67,000 — above Kamala Harris at $50,000, but below Pete Buttigieg ($186,000), Bernie Sanders ($127,000) and Elizabeth Warren ($75,000), whose online fundraising started slow but crescendoed in the spring and early summer. From the time Biden joined the race to the end of June, Warren’s median online fundraising day brought in nearly $127,000.

    “Biden has an enthusiasm gap that is making that difficult for him online,” one Democratic digital consultant said after reviewing Biden’s online fundraising.

    [...]

    Sanders raises hundreds of thousands of dollars on the 19th of every month thanks to a Netflix subscription-style recurring donation program he encourages for his campaign donors. On June 19, for example, 31,000 donors contributed $391,000 to the Sanders campaign.

    [...]

    During the last five days of the quarter, which included the first Democratic debates and three days following them, Sanders raised the most money online of any candidate ($4.2 million), followed by Harris ($3.4 million), Warren ($3.2 million), Buttigieg ($3.1 million) and Biden ($816,000).

  7. #2167
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    19,922
    Latest CNN poll shows Biden surging and Kamala plummeting to dangerously low levels:

    Code:
    2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	CNN	Biden 29, Warren 14, Sanders 15, Harris 5, Buttigieg 5, O'Rourke 3, Booker 2, Yang 1, Gabbard 2, Castro 2, Klobuchar 1, Steyer 1	Biden +14

  8. #2168
    Journeyman TranaGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    downtown
    Posts
    4,581
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Latest CNN poll shows Biden surging and Kamala plummeting to dangerously low levels:

    Code:
    2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	CNN	Biden 29, Warren 14, Sanders 15, Harris 5, Buttigieg 5, O'Rourke 3, Booker 2, Yang 1, Gabbard 2, Castro 2, Klobuchar 1, Steyer 1	Biden +14
    This is largely anecdotal, but still relevant - kind of explains the popularity of Biden in the south ...

    What I learned about the Democrats at a family barbecue in North Carolina (Wapo opinion piece)

  9. #2169
    All Star Kevin Seitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    This is largely anecdotal, but still relevant - kind of explains the popularity of Biden in the south ...

    What I learned about the Democrats at a family barbecue in North Carolina (Wapo opinion piece)
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

  10. #2170
    I've always liked Harris as a VP candidate better than as the top of the ticket as the US still seems to have an issue with a woman as president
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

    "One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •