Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    My thought exactly. She was good with a prepared line, but not quick on her feet and inexperienced in the format.

That is so close, it's amazing that you don't get it. Trump does throw a lot of things against the wall. You claim he lies, but he's really testing sentiment. He genuinely does care and wants the whole thing to run as efficiently as possible. In general, efficiency is a hallmark of the whole administration--trade, the economy, the bureaucratic machine, etc. It all runs smoother than four years ago.
    You couldn't stand the heat--leave the kitchen.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      You couldn't stand the heat--leave the kitchen.
      I'm a much better cook than you are. Ask anyone.

Besides. I'm right and you're wrong.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I'm curious, how long did it take for you to climb out of Trump's ass and back in here coward.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

i disagree
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My thought exactly. She was good with a prepared line, but not quick on her feet and inexperienced in the format.

That is so close, it's amazing that you don't get it. Trump does throw a lot of things against the wall. You claim he lies, but he's really testing sentiment. He genuinely does care and wants the whole thing to run as efficiently as possible. In general, efficiency is a hallmark of the whole administration--trade, the economy, the bureaucratic machine, etc. It all runs smoother than four years ago.
            Thanks for bringing your unintentional comedy routine back, a much needed respite.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I made my first two donations this morning, one to Biden/Harris and one to the act blue group targeting the close senate races. A lot of the Obama voters Trump got in 16 are pro-choice and it is a good time to bring that issue front and center. I really don't think it drives out more R voters than were already voting, but Trump has failed to drain the swamp in DC and now the anti abortion party is knocking on the door or reversing Roe and some of those voters might flip back. It is time for this party to get its shit together and stand up. Biden is a fine candidate, Harris as an excellent VP, and the senate map is there for the taking. Vote, donate, and fight in anyway we can individually it is all on the line now. If Mitch does ram through a replacement justice I agree the next time the Democrats control all 3 branches, hopefully Jan, they need to grow a pair and govern like Mitch. Fillibuster, gone. 11 justices, done. PR and DC granted statehood. If he pushed through a judge 45 days from the election after denying Garland for over 6 months it is scorched Earth time when we have the power.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                I made my first two donations this morning, one to Biden/Harris and one to the act blue group targeting the close senate races. A lot of the Obama voters Trump got in 16 are pro-choice and it is a good time to bring that issue front and center. I really don't think it drives out more R voters than were already voting, but Trump has failed to drain the swamp in DC and now the anti abortion party is knocking on the door or reversing Roe and some of those voters might flip back. It is time for this party to get its shit together and stand up. Biden is a fine candidate, Harris as an excellent VP, and the senate map is there for the taking. Vote, donate, and fight in anyway we can individually it is all on the line now. If Mitch does ram through a replacement justice I agree the next time the Democrats control all 3 branches, hopefully Jan, they need to grow a pair and govern like Mitch. Fillibuster, gone. 11 justices, done. PR and DC granted statehood. If he pushed through a judge 45 days from the election after denying Garland for over 6 months it is scorched Earth time when we have the power.
                Absolutely

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  I made my first two donations this morning, one to Biden/Harris and one to the act blue group targeting the close senate races. A lot of the Obama voters Trump got in 16 are pro-choice and it is a good time to bring that issue front and center. I really don't think it drives out more R voters than were already voting, but Trump has failed to drain the swamp in DC and now the anti abortion party is knocking on the door or reversing Roe and some of those voters might flip back. It is time for this party to get its shit together and stand up. Biden is a fine candidate, Harris as an excellent VP, and the senate map is there for the taking. Vote, donate, and fight in anyway we can individually it is all on the line now. If Mitch does ram through a replacement justice I agree the next time the Democrats control all 3 branches, hopefully Jan, they need to grow a pair and govern like Mitch. Fillibuster, gone. 11 justices, done. PR and DC granted statehood. If he pushed through a judge 45 days from the election after denying Garland for over 6 months it is scorched Earth time when we have the power.
                  Figure that Amy Barrett is as pro-life as a jurist can get and add that in. That said, pro-choice and pro-life blocs are already figured in as reliable votes, so I doubt it makes much difference. Moving the whole Court right will have more traction on the right than on the left. Those that object are already all in against Trump.

You guys have a tall hill to climb, because the simple math is brutal for the Democrats. If you have a secure 33% base that 2018 suggests, you are still 10% behind Trump's well proven 43%, with only 24% remaining. Even assuming the middle votes in the same proportions and the bases, you need over 70% just for equality. If Trump's base turns out like the Democrat base in 2018, there are not enough votes available for Biden to win.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Figure that Amy Barrett is as pro-life as a jurist can get and add that in. That said, pro-choice and pro-life blocs are already figured in as reliable votes, so I doubt it makes much difference. Moving the whole Court right will have more traction on the right than on the left. Those that object are already all in against Trump.

You guys have a tall hill to climb, because the simple math is brutal for the Democrats. If you have a secure 33% base that 2018 suggests, you are still 10% behind Trump's well proven 43%, with only 24% remaining. Even assuming the middle votes in the same proportions and the bases, you need over 70% just for equality. If Trump's base turns out like the Democrat base in 2018, there are not enough votes available for Biden to win.

J
                    And isn't that sad for this country.
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                      It would be if it were remotely true. Trump lost the popular vote by millions in 2016, and I have no idea how the 2018 elections suggest 33% and 43% in favor of Trump, and even if they did, the pandemic makes all previous numbers fairly meaningless. But they seem like made up numbers anyway and as per usual, have no sources for support. Once again, 1jay perplexes all with his maths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        It would be if it were remotely true. Trump lost the popular vote by millions in 2016, and I have no idea how the 2018 elections suggest 33% and 43% in favor of Trump, and even if they did, the pandemic makes all previous numbers fairly meaningless. But they seem like made up numbers anyway and as per usual, have no sources for support. Once again, 1jay perplexes all with his maths.
                        It's SIENCE

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          The problem with his logic is there are no undecided voters this election. There are only those that will vote trump or those that will vote against him. The only question is who will get the biggest turnout. Is Biden being anti trump enough to get people to come out and vote for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            That is true. the massive amounts of abuse that have been focused on Trump and his supporters has few parallels in history. Trump has managed to succeed in spite of it.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            It's SIENCE
                            Sarcasm works better it isn't something you might actually write. Take it from a one time physics major.

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                            The problem with his logic is there are no undecided voters this election. There are only those that will vote trump or those that will vote against him. The only question is who will get the biggest turnout. Is Biden being anti trump enough to get people to come out and vote for him?
                            This is simply not true. There are fewer late deciders than normal, but they are out there. You need to remember that 2/3 of the people in this country do not hate Trump. It seems otherwise because the 1/3 that does is by far the loudest.

That said, you raise a good point. Trump has done an excellent job, so he appeals to practical minded people. Biden has no record to run upon.
                            J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Take it from a one time physics major.

J
                                Ted, you majored in public policy at Princeton. Not physics.

Comment

Working...
                                X