No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was also a Michigan state poll by EPIC-MRA (who seems to be an in-state poller) which has Biden up 13 there.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      There was also a Michigan state poll by EPIC-MRA (who seems to be an in-state poller) which has Biden up 13 there.
      I'm beginning to think just about any below average Joe could beat Trump at this point. I'm still frustrated that the Dems decided to test that theory in the most important election of my lifetime. Luckily, all Biden has to do is keep laying low and keep letting Trump dig himself deeper and deeper into a hole. Still, Americans have the memory of goldfish...part of me still fears that all it would take is a couple of good months for Trump to take credit for and a lot of these voters will forgive and forget and go back to him, like millions of wives with black eyes insisting we don't know the real Trump.

Comment

• Gawd awful new poll for Trump from CNN:

- 38% approval, 57% disapprove, which is on par with only Jimmy Carter and George HW Bush at this time in their presidency, and we all know what happened there
        - Biden 55%, Trump 41% among registered voters

Oof

Of the 7 Approval polls since June 2nd, only one (Rasmussen, natch) gives Dumpy an approval rating higher than 42%, and 5 of the 6 give him a disapproval rating of 54% or greater.

Comment

• Republican Voters Against Trump ad:
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Not sure where to post this but it's hilarious.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• More gawd awful poll news for the Stable, Two handed water drinking genius:

Iowa: Trump 44, Biden 43 -- Dopey carried Iowa by 10% in 2016
              Arkansas: Trump 47, Biden 45 -- Dopey won Arkansas by a whopping 27% in 2016

Now he still will likely win both states, but these polls suggest that he is losing voters at a rapid rate, even in safely red states.

Also, for the first time, Democrat Theresa Greenfield leads Joni Ernst in the Iowa Senate race.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Not sure where to post this but it's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/statu...600597507?s=09
                Caleb Hull just torched Rick Wilson, too. He may have just cancelled Wilson's career.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Republican Voters Against Trump ad:
                  Just got around to watching this, because I couldn't bring myself to click on what I knew would be proof of what a hypocritical sycophant Graham is. But man, it is unequivocal in condemning Trump for everything he is, and praising Biden as the best. No idea how Graham could respond to this. It is sure to annoy the heck out of Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    More gawd awful poll news for the Stable, Two handed water drinking genius:

Iowa: Trump 44, Biden 43 -- Dopey carried Iowa by 10% in 2016
                    Arkansas: Trump 47, Biden 45 -- Dopey won Arkansas by a whopping 27% in 2016

Now he still will likely win both states, but these polls suggest that he is losing voters at a rapid rate, even in safely red states.

Also, for the first time, Democrat Theresa Greenfield leads Joni Ernst in the Iowa Senate race.
                    A friend of mine wondered if it's possible that those who will vote for Trump are saying that they won't for any number of reasons. Possibly to sway the polls to favor Biden and hope that keeps Democrats from voting by thinking that they have the election at hand. Cue 2016 music.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      A friend of mine wondered if it's possible that those who will vote for Trump are saying that they won't for any number of reasons. Possibly to sway the polls to favor Biden and hope that keeps Democrats from voting by thinking that they have the election at hand. Cue 2016 music.
                      That's ridiculous. Didn't 2016 already prove that? And if anyone thinks anti-Trumpers won't be coming out in force for THIS election, they need a new conspiracy theory to embrace!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Your friend thinks Trump supporters are a lot smarter than they actually are.

Comment

• The Biden campaign brought in $80 million in the month of May. This after fundraising totals of $60m in April and $79m in March.

Hey TW, remember when you mocked Biden's fundraising? Yeah, that aged well!

Biden continues to lead Trump by big margins, even in battleground states. The latest poll in Michigan shows Biden up there by 16%!

Again, there's always 2016. But.....one of those contenders wasn't an embattled, failed president presiding over huge unemployment, an economy wracked by the coronavirus, 116K dead and counting from a disease minimized and mocked by the GOP, and race riots reminiscent of 1968 and 1992.

Code:
                          General Election: Trump vs. Biden	        CNBC	        Biden 51, Trump 41	Biden +10
                          General Election: Trump vs. Biden	Economist/YouGov	Biden 50, Trump 41	Biden +9

Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 49, Trump 46	Biden +3
                          Michigan: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 47, Trump 45	Biden +2
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]Florida: Trump vs. Biden[/COLOR]	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 50, Trump 43	[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Biden +7[/B][/COLOR]
                          North Carolina: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 47, Trump 45	Biden +2
                          Arizona: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 45, Trump 44	Biden +1
                          Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden	CNBC/Change Research (D)	Biden 48, Trump 44	Biden +4
                          New Mexico: Trump vs. Biden	PPP (D)	                         Biden 53, Trump 39	Biden +14
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]Michigan: Trump vs. Biden[/COLOR]	EPIC-MRA	                 Biden 55, Trump 39	[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Biden +16[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• 538 has their national average up and a battleground state average up here. Biden +9 nationally and leading all the battlegrounds but in most cases by a smaller margin than nationally.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              538 has their national average up and a battleground state average up here. Biden +9 nationally and leading all the battlegrounds but in most cases by a smaller margin than nationally.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ts-nationally/
                              Dare to dream, but I'll believe it all on November 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                                Dare to dream, but I'll believe it all on November 4th.
                                For realz. One thing I wonder about is the role voter suppression might play in some places. For many years, Republicans have been brazen in trying to make it more difficult for Democrats in many areas to vote. Trump has been explicit about it as well. Polls don't take that into account, right? Might some of the people who want to vote against Trumppp find it difficult to do so in some areas come election day?

Comment

Working...
                                X